Visa Office......
Ottawa
Med's Done....
09-09-2019
Passport Req..
30-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2020
The silence from IRCC is deafening. Anyone with any updates? I am worried that my employer will terminate my employment if I keep them waiting past the end of this year. The plan was to move early November, but it seems like I am being overly optimistic.
I haven't come across any positive case for applications from the US. :(
Hi, sorry that you’re going through this. I hope we all hear back soon. I think only one person in this group with an expired COPR in the US has heard back so far. (https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/entry-with-expired-copr.701805/post-8886073)
Have you submitted documents regarding your employment plans as well? Wondering if that matters at all at this point. My partner has a verb approval regarding relocation to Toronto. We’re trying to get a letter of some sorts and submit that as well via Webform to see if it matters.

ksk1947

Sep 21, 2020
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Med's Done....
09-09-2019
Passport Req..
30-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2020

stuthibalaji

Sep 15, 2020
Hi All,
Has anyone tried calling Air Canada or CBSA after this order announced on Oct 9, 2020? The language is still vague since they don’t mention expired COPR/PRV anywhere.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions.html#pr-visa-holders
I tried calling CBSA, but my call just gets disconnected when I click on the option to talk to an again. Air Canada representative said we need to present a valid document to board a flight and they do not deal with immigration related questions. I think the mentioned like is for people who have valid visas (PRV). Let me know if you were able to reach CBSA or hear anything else from IRCC. Thank you for sharing this information.

stuthibalaji

Sep 15, 2020
Hi, sorry that you’re going through this. I hope we all hear back soon. I think only one person in this group with an expired COPR in the US has heard back so far. (https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/entry-with-expired-copr.701805/post-8886073)
Have you submitted documents regarding your employment plans as well? Wondering if that matters at all at this point. My partner has a verb approval regarding relocation to Toronto. We’re trying to get a letter of some sorts and submit that as well via Webform to see if it matters.
I haven't mentioned about employment plans because it is a US based company with no entity in Canada. Hence, I will be working as an independent contractor because of my PR status from Canada. I think that is pretty commonly done. Not sure if I should mention it to them.

Jj_singh

Jul 19, 2019
I haven't mentioned about employment plans because it is a US based company with no entity in Canada. Hence, I will be working as an independent contractor because of my PR status from Canada. I think that is pretty commonly done. Not sure if I should mention it to them.
Hi .. Have you submitted travel plans with confirmed dates ? If yes when are you planning to travel ?Also Can you please let me know how being employed as working as an independent contractor work ?

ksk1947

Sep 21, 2020
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Med's Done....
09-09-2019
Passport Req..
30-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2020
I tried calling CBSA, but my call just gets disconnected when I click on the option to talk to an again. Air Canada representative said we need to present a valid document to board a flight and they do not deal with immigration related questions. I think the mentioned like is for people who have valid visas (PRV). Let me know if you were able to reach CBSA or hear anything else from IRCC. Thank you for sharing this information.
Hi @stuthibalaji thank you so much for calling and letting us know. I haven't called yet either. But, just going by other threads on this forum, it still seems like it's just a long waiting game. From what I have gathered, any of these things can be the response and so far, it has been random.
1. You're asked to send your passport for re-stamping of a PR Visa
Or
2. You're asked to do your medical exam again
Or
3. You're directly sent an Authorization Letter with extended validity of COPR

But, in any of the cases above, one has to make sure that it's accurately reflected on your GCKey CIC Account. Because over this weekend, someone was turned away by the airline (albeit, Air India) even with an Authorization Letter that clearly states the AL+expired COPR+PR Visa are proof.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-and-coronavirus.681880/post-8923626
I personally have never been to Canada in my life before. But, from all these weird incidents, I sometimes feel like I'm probably grossly overestimating their capacity to handle unprecedented requests during a raging pandemic. I have always lived in extremely crowded places in India or USA and it's maybe hard for me to grasp the extent of an office being severely understaffed.

Let's hope for the best and soon. And let's keep each other updated. Thank you so much.

nikivin

May 10, 2019
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hey folks, here is my situation, I submitted my EE application last year in June (was in the US) and moved to Canada on a work permit while my application was in progress. I received my CoPR before March 12th, 2020 and it expired on May 27th. I notified IRCC of my CoPR expiration before May 27th and received a message in my CIC account saying that my application won't be rejected. Reached out to IRCC again in August end and forwarded them my Ontario driving license, hoping that they can finish up my virtual landing which they haven't yet.

I'm planning on flying to Chicago and get my landing done when I come back to Toronto (within the same day). I just wanted to see if someone has an idea about landing on expired CoPR and PRV for a person who is already in Canada.

Thanks for any leads.

stuthibalaji

Sep 15, 2020
Hi @stuthibalaji thank you so much for calling and letting us know. I haven't called yet either. But, just going by other threads on this forum, it still seems like it's just a long waiting game. From what I have gathered, any of these things can be the response and so far, it has been random.
1. You're asked to send your passport for re-stamping of a PR Visa
Or
2. You're asked to do your medical exam again
Or
3. You're directly sent an Authorization Letter with extended validity of COPR

But, in any of the cases above, one has to make sure that it's accurately reflected on your GCKey CIC Account. Because over this weekend, someone was turned away by the airline (albeit, Air India) even with an Authorization Letter that clearly states the AL+expired COPR+PR Visa are proof.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-and-coronavirus.681880/post-8923626
I personally have never been to Canada in my life before. But, from all these weird incidents, I sometimes feel like I'm probably grossly overestimating their capacity to handle unprecedented requests during a raging pandemic. I have always lived in extremely crowded places in India or USA and it's maybe hard for me to grasp the extent of an office being severely understaffed.

Let's hope for the best and soon. And let's keep each other updated. Thank you so much.
Thank you for sharing this information. I have been checking my account to see if there has been any activity, but nothing yet. Yeah, it is disappointing to be in this situation and deal with the uncertainty. All the responses to my web-forms have been generic, and I guess it is the same for others. In all probability, they are delaying processing requests from the US, not sure why.
Yes, will post any updates, hoping we have one in the near future.

nikivin

May 10, 2019
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
hey guys, just wanted to update you all about what happened when I tried to get my landing done with expired CoPR. My situation is a little different than yours in the sense that I'm already in Canada.

So the timeline is as follows;

AOR - June 1st, 2019
Application Approved - Feb 12th, 2020
CoPR received - March 12th, 2020
CoPR expired - May 27th, 2020

I was in the US and moved to Canada on a work permit in July 2019 after submitting my application in June. Same as everyone, my landing wasn't done due to Covid and I had informed IRCC before my CoPR expired. I sent a webform on Aug 21st, 2020 with my Ontario driving license and asked IRCC if they can complete a virtual landing for me. Hadn't received any response to date apart from the expected one saying we have forwarded the document you sent.

Since I still hold a valid work permit, I flew to Chicago early morning today and took a flight to Toronto a couple of hours ago. On the border, I spent a good amount of time with the border agent discussing my situation. I just have one thing to say, please do not travel with expired CoPR even if the official site says so. The border agents do not know anything and you would end up showing them links where they need to read the official news release.

The border agent let me get in Canada on my work permit and said we can't complete your PR landing. They do not have any access to IRCC and all they have is a system where they enter the confirmation number, if the systems accept it, you will be lucky to complete your landing. Which can only happen if IRCC does something on their side.

It's a complete mess and all you have to do is wait for IRCC to respond.

Raqs101

Aug 22, 2020
hey guys, just wanted to update you all about what happened when I tried to get my landing done with expired CoPR. My situation is a little different than yours in the sense that I'm already in Canada.

AOR - June 1st, 2019

I was in the US and moved to Canada on a work permit in July 2019 after submitting my application in June. Same as everyone, my landing wasn't done due to Covid and I had informed IRCC before my CoPR expired. I sent a webform on Aug 21st, 2020 with my Ontario driving license and asked IRCC if they can complete a virtual landing for me. Hadn't received any response to date apart from the expected one saying we have forwarded the document you sent.

Since I still hold a valid work permit, I flew to Chicago early morning today and took a flight to Toronto a couple of hours ago. On the border, I spent a good amount of time with the border agent discussing my situation. I just have one thing to say, please do not travel with expired CoPR even if the official site says so. The border agents do not know anything and you would end up showing them links where they need to read the official news release.

The border agent let me get in Canada on my work permit and said we can't complete your PR landing. They do not have any access to IRCC and all they have is a system where they enter the confirmation number, if the systems accept it, you will be lucky to complete your landing. Which can only happen if IRCC does something on their side.

Thanks for sharing. What you're saying is they would have stopped you if you didn't have the work permit? That's disappointing.

ramu kaka

Apr 11, 2020

AOR - June 1st, 2019

Did you have the travel authorization letter from IRCC to travel? Was your GC Key updated with new COPR details? can you please throw some more light on that front if your COPR was extended or not.

stuthibalaji

Sep 15, 2020

AOR - June 1st, 2019

Geez! Thanks for sharing. Yeah, so I had reached out to CBSA by email as well, to ask about traveling on expired CoPR. They said they do not deal with immigration related questions and I figured they would not have any information about it. Makes sense that they would just use the number on the CoPR.