+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry with expired COPR

Surbhi9146

Sep 19, 2020
Hey guys, noticed that expired COPR candidates are starting to receive a ‘4 point email’ from IRCC.. any luck with the group here?
what do you mean by 4 point email ? .. I received below info for my 2nd web form few days ago but that doesn't give any authorization letter
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We are pleased to confirm reception of the document(s).

We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration.

Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:

Submitted by mail (if it was not linked to an online account):
by using the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool, which is updated daily.
Submitted online or submitted by mail and linked to an online account:
through your online account.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

stuthibalaji

Sep 15, 2020
Hello everyone! I received the same email as @Surbhi9146 as an acknowledgement to the documents we sent. No other correspondence. We are still waiting to hear about something more concrete. I think the application status is supposed to change that 'in progress' on our online account as per their email response above, but we don't see it on out online application. It just says approved and that was the previous status which was updated in January.

Msin2020

Sep 9, 2020
what do you mean by 4 point email ? .. I received below info for my 2nd web form few days ago but that doesn't give any authorization letter
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We are pleased to confirm reception of the document(s).

We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration.

Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:

Submitted by mail (if it was not linked to an online account):
by using the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool, which is updated daily.
Submitted online or submitted by mail and linked to an online account:
through your online account.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
Thanks for your reply. We also received the same generic email response few days after submitting our web form.

looks like some folks have started to receive an email from ircc with 4 questions regarding their travel plan. See here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-and-coronavirus.681880/post-8882830

Jj_singh

Jul 19, 2019
I am in a similar situation ... I raised a ready to travel request on sept 7 got generic reply .... Raised another request with AirBNB bookings and quarantine plan on 27th sep .. Waiting to hear back from IRCC .... US Visa Expiring in JAN 2021 . Anyone here with reason for travel as expiring US status ?

quantized

Aug 11, 2018
Hello Everyone, I sent them an email on 17th Sept and received the same generic reply. I'm planning to move latest by end of October. I emailed another email id <TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>, this is specifically for family reunification (I did not know at that time) and received a response

Code:
Good day,

Thank you for your enquiry.

As someone travelling to Canada from the United States, you do not need a written authorization from the Government of Canada.

Upon your arrival to Canada, an officer from the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) will determine whether you are permitted to enter Canada.
It looks to me that people from US with expired COPR don't need any authorization (in any case). If I don't receive any update over next couple of weeks, I will try to enter with expired COPR.
I'm not the only one that uses double Ls for traveling :D

Reactions: Surbhi9146

Msin2020

Sep 9, 2020
Hello Everyone, I sent them an email on 17th Sept and received the same generic reply. I'm planning to move latest by end of October. I emailed another email id <TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>, this is specifically for family reunification (I did not know at that time) and received a response

Code:
Good day,

As someone travelling to Canada from the United States, you do not need a written authorization from the Government of Canada.

Upon your arrival to Canada, an officer from the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) will determine whether you are permitted to enter Canada.
It looks to me that people from US with expired COPR don't need any authorization (in any case). If I don't receive any update over next couple of weeks, I will try to enter with expired COPR.
Thanks for sharing. This is weird because Someone on this thread actually called Canada Border service office regarding entering Canada from USA with expired COPR. Cbsa said this is not allowed.
I hope that you are right though. Please keep us updated.

stuthibalaji

Sep 15, 2020

Code:
Good day,

Hey! So when I called Service Canada, they connected me to the Canada border services and that officer said they do not have the authority to allow people with expired documents and asked me to reach out to IRCC to request an extension. Please let me know if you hear otherwise. We plan to move by November 1st, and this would be super helpful !

stuthibalaji

Sep 15, 2020
I am in a similar situation ... I raised a ready to travel request on sept 7 got generic reply .... Raised another request with AirBNB bookings and quarantine plan on 27th sep .. Waiting to hear back from IRCC .... US Visa Expiring in JAN 2021 . Anyone here with reason for travel as expiring US status ?
My US Visa has expired. I have applied for an extension to stay in status until we hear back from IRCC. Sent them a copy of the expired visa and told them we have applied for an extension, but the application will be void once we leave the country and move to Canada as a proof to settle there.

quantized

Aug 11, 2018
Hey Guys, hope this helps.
I received a message in my CIC account to send my passport, 2 valid photographs and a signed form to Ottawa for stamping.

I sent them 3 webforms but received a response to only the one I sent on 17th Sept (first one). With the webforms I sent later I included my offer letter, when and how I'm planning to travel to Canada and Quarantine plan (Airbnb reservation confirmation + details on how I would get groceries)

Hope those waiting get to hear from them soon.

Reactions: ksk1947

quantized

Aug 11, 2018
Thanks for sharing. This is weird because Someone on this thread actually called Canada Border service office regarding entering Canada from USA with expired COPR. Cbsa said this is not allowed.
I hope that you are right though. Please keep us updated.
Everything is subjective here and depends on who you speak to when you enter Canada. I personally spoke to 3 CSBA officers one of then said NO and two of them did not say anything definite. They were more like we will access your situation and then decide.

Jj_singh

Jul 19, 2019
I received a message in my CIC account to send my passport, 2 valid photographs and a signed form to Ottawa for stamping.

I sent them 3 webforms but received a response to only the one I sent on 17th Sept (first one). With the webforms I sent later I included my offer letter, when and how I'm planning to travel to Canada and Quarantine plan (Airbnb reservation confirmation + details on how I would get groceries)

Congratulations... :)

Last edited:

Msin2020

Sep 9, 2020

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.. Best.

stuthibalaji

Sep 15, 2020
Hello everyone. Just checking to see if anyone has any updates from IRCC? Nothing on our end, except for the acknowledgement on receiving documents and sending it to the responsible office.
If anyone has any updates, please let us know. Thank you!