+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry with expired COPR

stuthibalaji

Sep 15, 2020
We submitted Airbnb reservation copy and our bank statement (proof of funds). Mentioned in the write up that my wife’s job is an internal transfer and we plan to cancel our lease here and sign a lease in Toronto as soon as we hear back from them. Also, attached a rough travel plan. Not sure if this is enough but I am also unwilling to sign a lease etc without a valid COPR in hand. Also, do not think someone will let us lease a house without possession of a legal status document.
Thank you! We sent another webform with the Airbnb reservation and proof of funds today. Also, I just realized, the person whose extension was declined was on March 13th. That was before the national emergency was declared and borders were shut. We should ignore that, and I apologize if I caused any panic there.

Msin2020

Sep 9, 2020
Thank you! We sent another webform with the Airbnb reservation and proof of funds today. Also, I just realized, the person whose extension was declined was on March 13th. That was before the national emergency was declared and borders were shut. We should ignore that, and I apologize if I caused any panic there.
Great. I am glad that my comment was helpful. We are all in the same boat so no need to panic or stress out. Let’s keep each other posted and hope for the best.

Surbhi9146

Sep 19, 2020
Hi all,
I had to place my Express entry Canada relocation plan on hold earlier this year due to Covid and now I am ready to move but my COPR has expired. I will be permanently relocating from the US and planning to cross land border at Detroit crossing. I have contacted IRCC via web form.

My question: as I am relocating from the USA and I have documented proof of meeting all the criteria (proof of funds, job, quarantine plan etc), can I cross the border with my expired COPR or do I need to wait to be granted a COPR extension?
Appreciate all help and advice.
Thanks,
Jay
We are in same boat as yours .Our COPR and PRV visa expired in July and we got the extension letter in June saying when you are ready to travel raise the web form for next steps. We want to settle now in canada for good and already raised multiple web forms in last 30 days but not getting any instructions for new visa or any authorization letter which we can use to travel. Do you know or did anyone travel to Canada for PR via car on the expired COPR recently? Please Please advice on this asap as we are planning to travel in oct 1st week.

Msin2020

Sep 9, 2020
We are in same boat as yours .Our COPR and PRV visa expired in July and we got the extension letter in June saying when you are ready to travel raise the web form for next steps. We want to settle now in canada for good and already raised multiple web forms in last 30 days but not getting any instructions for new visa or any authorization letter which we can use to travel. Do you know or did anyone travel to Canada for PR via car on the expired COPR recently? Please Please advice on this asap as we are planning to travel in oct 1st week.
Hi, I don’t think that anyone is allowed to travel to Canada from the US with an expired COPR. Atleast, I have not been able to find even one case like that. All we can do now is to wait for the COPR extension.
After raising web forms, are you getting the generic email reply (your form has been forwarded to VO etc.)? Just curious...thanks

Surbhi9146

Sep 19, 2020
Hi, I don’t think that anyone is allowed to travel to Canada from the US with an expired COPR. Atleast, I have not been able to find even one case like that. All we can do now is to wait for the COPR extension.
After raising web forms, are you getting the generic email reply (your form has been forwarded to VO etc.)? Just curious...thanks
Yes , we received the generic response for the 1st web form that your concern has been raised to the relevant team for further steps. Did you guys try to call them and got any insights? If we find even one Positive case who travelled on expired copr , we will proceed

Msin2020

Sep 9, 2020
Yes , we received the generic response for the 1st web form that your concern has been raised to the relevant team for further steps. Did you guys try to call them and got any insights? If we find even one Positive case who travelled on expired copr , we will proceed
We have not tried calling. If you are able to find a positive case, please let me know. I have exhausted all threads/websites in search Of this. We are also very anxious and hoping for this to work out without issues.
Best of luck! Hope you guys hear back from ircc before your planned move.

Surbhi9146

Sep 19, 2020
We have not tried calling. If you are able to find a positive case, please let me know. I have exhausted all threads/websites in search Of this. We are also very anxious and hoping for this to work out without issues.
Best of luck! Hope you guys hear back from ircc before your planned move.
Sure ..PLease connect with me @ 314-277-9387

ksk1947

Sep 21, 2020
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Med's Done....
09-09-2019
Passport Req..
30-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2020
Hi everyone,
COPR + PR Visa expired in Aug,2020.
Currently in the US on H-1B (I-797 and status only. No valid stamp. So can’t come back.)
My partner and I are in the same boat. We have asked for relocation at my partner’s workplace and got an approval for it. (I’m planning to ask at mine next week).
We are planning other things in order to be able to move by mid-Nov (selling stuff, ending lease, etc).
I was in fact wondering if moving because we are able to and want to (for the freedom) right now is considered non-discretionary. We are ironing out some other issues before contacting IRCC. Because I remember they said that please contact us when you’re ready to travel at short notice. Only after seeing the posts here, it looks like I have to halt other grand plans and can’t delay asking IRCC through Webform first. Will do that right away. Commenting here to see if any of you get a response from IRCC about extension soon.

Surbhi9146

Sep 19, 2020
Hi everyone,
COPR + PR Visa expired in Aug,2020.
Currently in the US on H-1B (I-797 and status only. No valid stamp. So can’t come back.)
My partner and I are in the same boat. We have asked for relocation at my partner’s workplace and got an approval for it. (I’m planning to ask at mine next week).
We are planning other things in order to be able to move by mid-Nov (selling stuff, ending lease, etc).
I was in fact wondering if moving because we are able to and want to (for the freedom) right now is considered non-discretionary. We are ironing out some other issues before contacting IRCC. Because I remember they said that please contact us when you’re ready to travel at short notice. Only after seeing the posts here, it looks like I have to halt other grand plans and can’t delay asking IRCC through Webform first. Will do that right away. Commenting here to see if any of you get a response from IRCC about extension soon.
I had the same thought in mind but when I actually sent the web form and started doing some research then got to know that there are thousands of us out there who wants to migrate now to canada but can’t get the next steps on Expired COPR and unable to travel . Looking for a single case who had moved on expired COPR recently?

stuthibalaji

Sep 15, 2020
I called Service Canada who connected me to the land border immigration office. I asked them if we can travel on expired CoPR and PR Visa, and they said we can not. He connected me to IRCC customer care, but it just got disconnected when I clicked on the option to talk to a representative. Duh, we have sent multiple web forms, and my company here is waiting for me to start working in Canada. My work authorization has ended here, but I am stuck just waiting.

Msin2020

Sep 9, 2020
I called Service Canada who connected me to the land border immigration office. I asked them if we can travel on expired CoPR and PR Visa, and they said we can not. He connected me to IRCC customer care, but it just got disconnected when I clicked on the option to talk to a representative. Duh, we have sent multiple web forms, and my company here is waiting for me to start working in Canada. My work authorization has ended here, but I am stuck just waiting.
Thank you for sharing this. So now we have confirmation that we cannot travel on expired COPR.
IRCC has not replied to to your web form raised in summer even though you have an urgent situation, I guess my ready to travel form raised in early September might not get any reply for some time. Seems like long wait ahead.

stuthibalaji

Sep 15, 2020
Thank you for sharing this. So now we have confirmation that we cannot travel on expired COPR.
IRCC has not replied to to your web form raised in summer even though you have an urgent situation, I guess my ready to travel form raised in early September might not get any reply for some time. Seems like long wait ahead.
We submitted our web form around last week of August. Yeah, just have to wait. I haven't heard anyone who has heard back from IRCC about the next steps. If you hear back or come across anyone who has, please let me know. We are pretty anxious about this situation.

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Hi All,
I got the passport request letter. I live in US and my previous COPR expired in July. I didn't raise a webform for travel. I wasn't asked for any supporting documentation.

1. Anyone else in this situation?
2. Any idea what will be the new expiry?
3. For people in US, would you risk traveling on H1B now with auto revalidation? I don't have a valid visa.
4. Do we need to travel with family or can they arrive later?
5. I can't go permanently, planning to just come back in couple of weeks. Any thoughts?

Any help here is greatly appreciated!

stuthibalaji

Sep 15, 2020
Hi All,
I got the passport request letter. I live in US and my previous COPR expired in July. I didn't raise a webform for travel. I wasn't asked for any supporting documentation.

1. Anyone else in this situation?
2. Any idea what will be the new expiry?
3. For people in US, would you risk traveling on H1B now with auto revalidation? I don't have a valid visa.
4. Do we need to travel with family or can they arrive later?
5. I can't go permanently, planning to just come back in couple of weeks. Any thoughts?

Any help here is greatly appreciated!
Hey! I haven't heard back from IRCC about a passport request letter. Did you reach out to them through the webform to receive this letter? We plan to move and settle, but waiting for IRCC to let us know about the expired CoPR.
Did you notify IRCC about not being able to travelbefore the expiry of CoPR? Thank you.

Msin2020

Sep 9, 2020
Hey guys, noticed that expired COPR candidates are starting to receive a ‘4 point email’ from IRCC.. any luck with the group here?