+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

rohansoni369

Jul 20, 2018
Hello Everyone, any help/suggestions would be great.

My COPR was approved on 19th March 2020. I am an Indian passport holder currently living in New Zealand. My VO is Sydney, Australia. I also received the email as below where they are asking me to respond with 10 days and come to canada in 2 months. I have 2 questions.
- Is is mandatory for me to go within 2 months? What if I do not respond and plan to go next year when travel restrictions are lifted? Will my file still remain in approved status at that time and I will be easily able to travel?
- My application was approved after 18th March 2020; does this email belongs to me as well? The email mentions applicants whose COPR was approved on or before 18th March 2020.

Application number: E......

UCI: .....

IRCC is contacting you regarding your expired Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) and Permanent Resident Visa (PRV) (unless you have an eTA) and those of your accompanying dependent family members. Do not attempt to travel without written authorisation.

We are currently reviewing your application as you are a holder of a CoPR and PRV issued on or before March 18, 2020. In order for us to assess your case, we require additional information for you and any accompanying family members included on your application.

Please reply to this email by providing the information/documents requested.

Answer the following questions:

1. Are you and any accompanying family members ready to travel to Canada within the next 60 days, to settle and become a permanent resident?

2. Is there any reason preventing you or your accompanying family members from departing your current location to travel to Canada within the next 60 days?

3. Are you able to book a flight to Canada from your current location for yourself and your accompanying family members?

4. Do you have a proposed and feasible travel plan with a single transit point to Canada? (If yes, attach proof such as plane tickets.) If not, are you willing to book and confirm such travel plans as soon as approved?

Attach documents/information to demonstrate the following:

· Proof of your plan to settle and remain in Canada such as;

o address where you will stay,

o lease agreement,

o home ownership document,

o employment plans in Canada (location of work, letter from employer), and

o any other relevant information to demonstrate arrangements for your arrival.

· Proof of an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada, including;

o proof of funds (bank or credit card statements), and

o plan to show how you will obtain groceries, access medical care and other essential services.

Important Notes:

· While in quarantine, you and your accompanying family members will not be able to leave your place of quarantine for any reason. This is mandatory even if you have no COVID-19 symptoms.

· Canadian authorities do not provide you a place to quarantine when you arrive. You must make your own arrangements in advance.

In order to continue processing your application, we must receive your response within 10 days of receipt of this email. If we do not hear from you within 10 days, we will assume that you are not able to travel to Canada within the next 60 days. Your application will remain open and placed on hold until after the travel restriction pause is lifted or until you demonstrate that you meet the criteria above.

To find out more, visit our website at Approved permanent residence applications (with a COPR and PRV issued to clients outside Canada)

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Reactions: Tango1988

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Can someone please explain what they mean by ETA? Apologies please if this has already being asked

My understanding of ETA is that it's an entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals travelling to Canada by air. It is electronically linked to a traveler’s passport and valid for up to 5 years. I have had one since December 2018. I also have a COPR from before March 18th.

I just would like to know if my understanding of eTA is same as the other posters on this thread. If so, then I may need to clarify with IRCC if I need to renew my COPR(when it expires) or enter with my expired COPR and my ETA(from 2018)

Thanks

Canada_Pr4u

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
My case:
CoPR Isssue - 17 mar
Expiry - 24 Jul
File with NDVO
Webforms raised - 24 aug, 1st sep, 10th sep, 17th sep
Requested travel - 14th Oct
Self and spouse
Job - internal transfer but as a consultant (my company doesn't have a branch in Canada)
4 pointer - 29th sep
Hi Congratulations. Is there any change in your GC key account? My file was re opened last week, but I have got a medical request. My VO is Ottawa.

manutd2018

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020
Hi all,
I have received my extended COPR as mentioning "Approval prior march 18".Can I travel to
Hi peeps!Congrats on 4 pointer mails?Could you pls clarify some thing.Address in my profile is of my consultant who is in Canada Yesterday I called ircc.The agent told me that your address shows that you are already in Canada thats why you have not got any update ? Isn't it ridiculous!!They don't know that I have not landed yet?She advised me to fill the web form mentioning my Indian address.Any one else here who has consultant address of Canada in the profile?Has your file been reopened?
Hi,
Where in the application were you able to see your address.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Interestingly, all the generic responses I received to my webforms so far state that my query has been forwarded to my responsible visa office- NDVO. Besides I did mention that I received my COPR via NDVO and I currently reside in Mumbai, India so I kinda feel like we are running in circles!
either way, just raised another webform stating the indian address.
Maybe they are moving alphabetically and are yet to reach ours!
Lol....i don't think they are following any order... Lottery going on it seems..even ppl who have not raised rtt webform got the mail and we are waiting despite raising 3 to 4...hope for the best.

Reactions: Froshy and hinavin

AD94

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
I recieved my COPR before 18 March and my Visa expired on 2 June. I am planning to travel to Edmonton, Canada on 15th October. My ticket and the place for quarantine is booked. I have raised the web form on 15th September regarding the same that I am ready to travel with all the details. Still there is no response from the other side. How long do they take for response? Is there any chances for negative response?

kanugln3

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
The only difference I have seen in the responses is an additional disclaimer regarding Covid-19 and a more apologetic tone to their reply where they have said that they are trying their best but have a reduced staff. Otherwise, it has been the same generic response.

I haven't raised monthly webforms but I have tried to put in more attachments on each new one(job seach, POF, quarantine plan etc). The last one was the most detailed one I could send so I have now given up on sending any more after seeing yet another standard response from them. I won't be sending a webform or an email again till I hear back from them.
I would suggest the same for you if you have already sent in enough webforms with the details regarding your case.
Exactly same for me, updated information to August, have given up now

nayaskumar

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Hyderabad - India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
04-07-2022
Congratulations on getting a positive response.
I got the same mail a while back. My visa office is NDVO and my COPR was approved on 15th March.

Any idea what they mean by address where you will stay? Do they mean during quarantine or after? If they are asking about post-quarantine, can I say that I'll be staying with a friend while I look for long term accomodation? Or do I need to show a lease?

Also, what type of proofs should we be submitting for employment plans in Canada (location of work, letter from employer) - do you know any examples of what would help us show intention of looking for work if we don't have a job offer in hand?

I know there are places from where we can order groceries online. But for access to medical care and other essentials - what are the options available?

Would really appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on this.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Pavie
I suppose address means during and after quarantine , lease would be hard without entering Canada, we can say we would search one after qurantine

If you have offer - offer letter or else any commnication with canadain employers/hr
Online groceries would be fine , basic medicines we can carry with prescription