+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry with expired COPR

stuthibalaji

Sep 15, 2020
I believe not many people from US are getting authorization letters because of the easy possibility of soft landing, which Canada is not open to at the moment. That is just my personal speculation.

Msin2020

Sep 9, 2020
I believe not many people from US are getting authorization letters because of the easy possibility of soft landing, which Canada is not open to at the moment. That is just my personal speculation.
Yes, looks like it. With COVID cases increasing again, I am not expecting AL’s for people from US anytime soon. Seems like I will have to cancel my mid- Nov Airbnb In Toronto. Also, no point of raising new web forms.

Jj_singh

Jul 19, 2019
A friend just got PPR today afternoon , he is from US and raised Ready to travel webform in Aug . A lot of people are getting AL from New delhi VO as well ... so lets keep hoping.

mimi_4591

Aug 20, 2020
I called Service Canada who connected me to the land border immigration office. I asked them if we can travel on expired CoPR and PR Visa, and they said we can not. He connected me to IRCC customer care, but it just got disconnected when I clicked on the option to talk to a representative. Duh, we have sent multiple web forms, and my company here is waiting for me to start working in Canada. My work authorization has ended here, but I am stuck just waiting.
wow, very similar situation I had, did you hear back from IRCC?

Surbhi9146

Sep 19, 2020
I am in a similar situation ... I raised a ready to travel request on sept 7 got generic reply .... Raised another request with AirBNB bookings and quarantine plan on 27th sep .. Waiting to hear back from IRCC .... US Visa Expiring in JAN 2021 . Anyone here with reason for travel as expiring US status ?
I am in same boat as well..Did you hear anything latest, Please share ?

Surbhi9146

Sep 19, 2020
Hey Guys, hope this helps.
I received a message in my CIC account to send my passport, 2 valid photographs and a signed form to Ottawa for stamping.

I sent them 3 webforms but received a response to only the one I sent on 17th Sept (first one). With the webforms I sent later I included my offer letter, when and how I'm planning to travel to Canada and Quarantine plan (Airbnb reservation confirmation + details on how I would get groceries)

Hope those waiting get to hear from them soon.
Congratulations.. I am in exact same situation ,could you please share your contact# as I have some questions to ask? My number is 314-277-9387
Thanks in Advance!

Jj_singh

Jul 19, 2019
I am in same boat as well..Did you hear anything latest, Please share ?
NDVO is New Delhi visa office.... I havent heard back yet :( ... tried calling IRCC as well they are saying that we received your request but cant comment on the timelines

Last edited:

ksk1947

Sep 21, 2020
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Med's Done....
09-09-2019
Passport Req..
30-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2020
Congratulations.. I am in exact same situation ,could you please share your contact# as I have some questions to ask? My number is 314-277-9387
Thanks in Advance!
Hi @Surbhi9146, by same situation you mean did you also get a request for passport and photos? If yes, congratulations!

Surbhi9146

Sep 19, 2020
Hi @Surbhi9146, by same situation you mean did you also get a request for passport and photos? If yes, congratulations!
I wish but we are waiting to hear from IRCC..we need to travel from US and already raised multiple web forms. Can you please share your contact# to advise on few things in order to get the PPR again?

ksk1947

Sep 21, 2020
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Med's Done....
09-09-2019
Passport Req..
30-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2020
Hey Guys, hope this helps.
I received a message in my CIC account to send my passport, 2 valid photographs and a signed form to Ottawa for stamping.

I sent them 3 webforms but received a response to only the one I sent on 17th Sept (first one). With the webforms I sent later I included my offer letter, when and how I'm planning to travel to Canada and Quarantine plan (Airbnb reservation confirmation + details on how I would get groceries)

Hope those waiting get to hear from them soon.
Hi @quantized Hope you’re well. Did you travel, land and move permanently to Canada, yet? Please share your experience when you are able to.