Ottawa
Med's Done....
09-09-2019
Passport Req..
30-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2020
Hi Everyone,

I finally received an email (7 pt) from IRCC yesterday letting us know that our Medicals have been extended till July 2021 and asking us to reply within 10 Days if we want to travel and move permanently to Canada before the expiry of the extended medical validity. The text of the email is the same as this post. We have responded with our answers yesterday and mentioned that we want to travel in the week of 5th April 2021. They have mentioned that IRCC will strive to respond with an authorization letter (which will be valid for 60 days) within 4 weeks after we respond. Hoping for a smooth process.

My timeline is :
COPR Issued : Feb 2020
COPR Expiry : Aug 2020
RTT Webforms : Two — Sept, Oct 2020
IRCC 7 pt Email Received : Feb 1, 2020
Category : FSW
VO : Ottawa

leoMessi927

May 13, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I finally received an email (7 pt) from IRCC yesterday letting us know that our Medicals have been extended till July 2021 and asking us to reply within 10 Days if we want to travel and move permanently to Canada before the expiry of the extended medical validity. The text of the email is the same as this post. We have responded with our answers yesterday and mentioned that we want to travel in the week of 5th April 2021. They have mentioned that IRCC will strive to respond with an authorization letter (which will be valid for 60 days) within 4 weeks after we respond. Hoping for a smooth process.

My timeline is :
Do you know what happens if your say your will travel and then are unable to travel within the validity of that letter which IRCC provides? Also, can you do soft landing or you can't. I have received the 7 point letter on Feb 1st too, asking to respond in 10 days.

ksk1947

Sep 21, 2020
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Med's Done....
09-09-2019
Passport Req..
30-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2020
Do you know what happens if your say your will travel and then are unable to travel within the validity of that letter which IRCC provides? Also, can you do soft landing or you can't. I have received the 7 point letter on Feb 1st too, asking to respond in 10 days.
Hi there,
I’m not sure what the consequences of not being able to travel within the validity of the AL are. They will likely keep your application open until the extension of Medicals like they mention in the 7 pt email.
No idea about soft landing. The 7 pt email clearly asks you to respond only if you’re willing to move permanently before the extended medicals mentioned in the email.

ksk1947

Sep 21, 2020
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Med's Done....
09-09-2019
Passport Req..
30-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2020
Hi Everyone,

My timeline is :
My Response to 7 pt Email : Feb 2, 2021
Desired date of travel mentioned in response : April 05, 2021
AL Received : Feb 4, 2021
AL Expiry : April 05, 2021
COPR + PR Visa Validity extended to : July, 08, 2021.

stuthibalaji

Sep 15, 2020
Hi Folks, so finally our move date is here! We will be driving to Toronto from NYC on March 5th. Since we plan to rent a car, does anyone know if we are supposed to hold on to it until the quarantine period ends? We plan to drive across the border, drop it off at the location and then head over to our place of quarantine. Any experiences about this? Thanks in advance!

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi Folks, so finally our move date is here! We will be driving to Toronto from NYC on March 5th. Since we plan to rent a car, does anyone know if we are supposed to hold on to it until the quarantine period ends? We plan to drive across the border, drop it off at the location and then head over to our place of quarantine. Any experiences about this? Thanks in advance!
Are you moving permanently? Have your Covid test results ready within 72hours of your travel. Yes you can drop off the car and go to your place of quarantine.

Reactions: ksk1947

stuthibalaji

Sep 15, 2020
Are you moving permanently? Have your Covid test results ready within 72hours of your travel. Yes you can drop off the car and go to your place of quarantine.
Moving permanently, and yes we will get a COVID test as per the requirements before traveling. Thank you for the response.

ksk1947

Sep 21, 2020
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Med's Done....
09-09-2019
Passport Req..
30-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2020
Moving permanently, and yes we will get a COVID test as per the requirements before traveling. Thank you for the response.
All the best with your move! We had booked a direct flight from SFO-YYZ on Apr 1 which we accidentally found out has been cancelled when our friends tried booking. (Thanks, United for not even sending an email about it). So, we are also planning to fly to Detroit and drive (mostly a rental) from there. Will keep an eye here and also post if I find out something.

stuthibalaji

Sep 15, 2020
All the best with your move! We had booked a direct flight from SFO-YYZ on Apr 1 which we accidentally found out has been cancelled when our friends tried booking. (Thanks, United for not even sending an email about it). So, we are also planning to fly to Detroit and drive (mostly a rental) from there. Will keep an eye here and also post if I find out something.
I called up CBSA Peace Bridge, and the agent said it is okay to do a one way rental as long as we dispose the car first and then head over to the place of quarantine. Make sure to call up the appropriate port and check if they are open since some of the ports are closed, Peace Bridge is open 24 hours. We will need to get a COVID test done within 72 hours of travel. Alamo is doing one way rentals with minimum of 6 days, couldn't find any other company for one way. :rolleyes:

ksk1947

Sep 21, 2020
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Med's Done....
09-09-2019
Passport Req..
30-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2020
I called up CBSA Peace Bridge, and the agent said it is okay to do a one way rental as long as we dispose the car first and then head over to the place of quarantine. Make sure to call up the appropriate port and check if they are open since some of the ports are closed, Peace Bridge is open 24 hours. We will need to get a COVID test done within 72 hours of travel. Alamo is doing one way rentals with minimum of 6 days, couldn't find any other company for one way. :rolleyes:
Oh, I see. Thanks for sharing and the heads up. So, we have now decided to ship our car to Detroit first and then drive across the border in our own car on Mar 29.
But, before this decision when I was doing some research, I found that Enterprise was allowing one-day one-way cross-border rentals only from one airport to another airport location. Not sure if that's the actual logic, but I could at least choose the option to return in Canada (on the same day) only when I chose Toronto Pearson Airport as the drop-off location. I see now that Enterprise is even showing cars for one-way only beyond Apr 1.
Also, what I saw on another thread somewhere was someone had their friend return the rental car while they were in quarantine. Not sure if that's an option you have and want to try.
Good luck!

Duffa

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
Hello All. I called IRCC and I was asked to send a web form. I am travelling directly from the US so I am exempt from travel restrictions and my COPR Expired October 2020, I plan to settle in May this year. What is the best way to get in contact with them and get an AL?

ksk1947

Sep 21, 2020
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Med's Done....
09-09-2019
Passport Req..
30-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2020
Hi @Msin2020 @stuthibalaji @Jj_singh, hope you're all doing well. I'm sure you're busy getting settled down. Please share your experiences of landing when you get a chance on this group to help the rest of us.

ksk1947

Sep 21, 2020
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Med's Done....
09-09-2019
Passport Req..
30-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2020
Hello All. I called IRCC and I was asked to send a web form. I am travelling directly from the US so I am exempt from travel restrictions and my COPR Expired October 2020, I plan to settle in May this year. What is the best way to get in contact with them and get an AL?
Hi, please check this much larger thread where there are several people in the same situation as you and knowing others' more current experiences can be helpful.

Jeyosman

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
what do you mean by 4 point email ? .. I received below info for my 2nd web form few days ago but that doesn't give any authorization letter
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We are pleased to confirm reception of the document(s).

We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration.

Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:

Submitted by mail (if it was not linked to an online account):
by using the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool, which is updated daily.
Submitted online or submitted by mail and linked to an online account:
through your online account.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
I receiverd the same email. What does that mean?

Jeyosman

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
what do you mean by 4 point email ? .. I received below info for my 2nd web form few days ago but that doesn't give any authorization letter
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We are pleased to confirm reception of the document(s).

We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration.

Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:

Submitted by mail (if it was not linked to an online account):
by using the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool, which is updated daily.
Submitted online or submitted by mail and linked to an online account:
through your online account.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
I received tha same email . what does it mean?