Visa Office......
Ottawa
Med's Done....
09-09-2019
Passport Req..
30-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2020
Just checking if anyone has heard back in this group yet...

Jj_singh

Jul 19, 2019
Nothing for us yet .... raised webform since sept 1st week with detailed plan and confirmed Airbnb booking , No response till date.

Msin2020

Sep 9, 2020
Hi all, hope everyone is doing well. Just wanted to provide an update.
We received our updated COPR and AL from Ircc in an email last Friday evening. The new COPR expires on March 31, 2021 and AL is valid till Feb 17, 2021.
So if you are still waiting, it is just a matter of time.
Cheers.

Reactions: ksk1947

stuthibalaji

Sep 15, 2020
Hi all, hope everyone is doing well. Just wanted to provide an update.
We received our updated COPR and AL from Ircc in an email last Friday evening. The new COPR expires on March 31, 2021 and AL is valid till Feb 17, 2021.
So if you are still waiting, it is just a matter of time.
Cheers.
Congratulations! Finally. :) We have an update too. Just now I got an email from cic and it said there has been an update on the application, login to check the status. Under Document Status, it says 'Your Document is Valid' and Valid Until '2021/05/12'. I am glad to see some change, but not sure what to expect next. Did you have the same process?

Msin2020

Sep 9, 2020
Congratulations! Finally. :) We have an update too. Just now I got an email from cic and it said there has been an update on the application, login to check the status. Under Document Status, it says 'Your Document is Valid' and Valid Until '2021/05/12'. I am glad to see some change, but not sure what to expect next. Did you have the same process?
I stopped paying regular attention to our online account around mid-Nov, checking it once every 10 days or so. So, Not sure if our online account underwent similar changes as yours.
But good to see an update in your case. Some update is better than nothing. At least, they are working on your case and hopefully, you will receive the updated COPR soon.

stuthibalaji

Sep 15, 2020
I stopped paying regular attention to our online account around mid-Nov, checking it once every 10 days or so. So, Not sure if our online account underwent similar changes as yours.
But good to see an update in your case. Some update is better than nothing. At least, they are working on your case and hopefully, you will receive the updated COPR soon.
Yes, I think so too.

Reactions: Msin2020

Jj_singh

Jul 19, 2019
Yes, I think so too.
Hi We have an exact same situation , We got an update on last Thursday with the with new counterfoil document ID and the exact same date of expiry " 2021/05/12 " , no news on AL or PPR yet .

ksk1947

Sep 21, 2020
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Med's Done....
09-09-2019
Passport Req..
30-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2020
Congratulations, @Msin2020 @stuthibalaji @Jj_singh !
This is great news for all of you! Thank you so much for sharing on this group. It’s giving me hope since our timelines are similar and close :)
Good luck with your moves! It would be great if you can keep updating any developments on this thread. It would help the rest of us a lot!

ksk1947

Sep 21, 2020
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Med's Done....
09-09-2019
Passport Req..
30-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2020
Hi @Msin2020 @stuthibalaji @Jj_singh ,
Do you mind sharing when your respective medical results were first done? Considering IRCC is likely to extend the validity of the results for up to 6 months beyond the first 1 year validity, I just want to see if that still holds good. Thanks.

Raqs101

Aug 22, 2020
I received the PPR request last week. My medical status got updated on 12th December and received the PPR on 16th. Don't know why I didn't receive an AL like most of the applicants.

Wildbore88

Nov 27, 2018
My wife (from Vietnam) had her COPR a PRV issued on February 16th 2020, with expiry date December 27th. She was planning to arrive September 27th. The Airline cancelled the flight, I changed it November 11th. My wife got that email in October saying her COPR and PRV was about to expire and to ask for authorization before traveling, so we submitted the documents showing she had a ticket booked for November 11th and a quarantine plan. We received authorization, with the same end date (December 27th) as the original PRV and COPR. Unfortunately, Airline cancelled again, to rebook with short notice the prices were ridiculous, I said screw it, I'm waiting for a refund (2-3 months) and to book with another airline. Now the COPR and PRV is expired. Webform doesn't exist anymore (Yay, government incompetence) for my wife to ask for an extension. Flights have evaporated, with only really expensive ones or impractical ones remaining. We're not sure what to do, it's very well possible even if we ask for an extension the airlines screw around with our itinerary making it impossible to travel again. Since we already asked for the authorization once, will they even give another? My wife has a multi-entry tourist visa that lasts for 5 years, I'm not sure if that's helpful, but this is a true disaster.

Last edited:

stuthibalaji

Sep 15, 2020
Just an update - My husband and I finally received an email from CPC-CTD and it had authorization letters for each one of us. The letter has instructions on our travel documents and an updated COPR number as well. We weren't asked to do any medical tests. They did not ask us to send our passports again. The letter has an expiry date which is March 8th, so we plan to travel before that.

Wildbore88

Nov 27, 2018
Just an update - My husband and I finally received an email from CPC-CTD and it had authorization letters for each one of us. The letter has instructions on our travel documents and an updated COPR number as well. We weren't asked to do any medical tests. They did not ask us to send our passports again. The letter has an expiry date which is March 8th, so we plan to travel before that.
Good luck! I'm surprised they're not giving people more time to travel! Airlines can cancel your ticket, intermediary countries can change or ban transit regulations (like Taiwan just did), the leaving and destination country can also put in entry/exit regulations, which can also affect flight availability. What a joke IIRC is!

ksk1947

Sep 21, 2020
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Med's Done....
09-09-2019
Passport Req..
30-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2020
Thank you for taking the time to update us! Great to hear. Good luck with your move!