+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

Ramik

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
harshalp said:
Good News guys!
I called CIC today (Dec 5) and they said my PR renewal has been approved. She said my new PR card was sent to production on December 1, 2016.
I signed into my account yesterday (Dec 4) to check my status but I was getting this message: "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons" so I knew something was up and decided to call CIC. Here's my timeline for your reference:

We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 31, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 23, 2016.
We started processing your application on January 23, 2016.
We sent you correspondence on January 27, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

My question for everyone is How long does it take to receive new PR card in mail after it goes into production? CIC told me it can take up to 6 weeks. I would like to hear from people who recently got their PR card.
Hi Osama912 and Harshalp, Thats wonderful news! Congrats guys. Let us know when you get them in the mail

Dec 2015: Mrmr, rbrar14
Jan 2016: Osama912, bahaar, harshalp, KITG, KITJ
Feb 2016: vop, kwtangerine
Mar 2016: Chrome, Ramik, Brenttristan
Apr 2016: decent guy 3
May 2016: MatQue

Hi Mrmr and rbar14, any news from your side?

decent guy 3

Nov 8, 2016
Ramik said:
Hi Osama912 and Harshalp, Thats wonderful news! Congrats guys. Let us know when you get them in the mail

Dec 2015: Mrmr, rbrar14
Jan 2016: Osama912, bahaar, harshalp, KITG, KITJ
Feb 2016: vop, kwtangerine
Mar 2016: Chrome, Ramik, Brenttristan
Apr 2016: decent guy 3
May 2016: MatQue

Hi Mrmr and rbar14, any news from your side?

[ After a follow up, I received an email asking me to send again new pictures, they did not tell me why, they are just asking me to send new 2 pictures :(]

decent guy 3

Nov 8, 2016
After a follow up, I received an email asking me to send again new pictures, they did not tell me why, they are just asking me to send new 2 pictures :/

Application sent feb 2016

Secondary review april 2016

JP1981

Dec 2, 2008
Hi All,

I just received an email today informing me that my application has been sent for secondary review.
Here is the time line.

Application received - 08th Nov 2016
Confirmation of application receipt - 30th Nov 2016
Sent to secondary review - 05 Dec 2016

Hopefully it wont take long.

Thanks.

gauri.gupta08

Aug 6, 2013
harshalp said:
Awesome! Let me know when you receive it in mail.
I have exactly same timelines as you guys, and now my online status also says 'We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:'

What's the CIC number you guys call on? I'll call them now and hopefully get the good news too (fingers crossed)!

JP1981

Dec 2, 2008
I think the website takes a while before it updates.
Mine said the same last week, but when i check it this morning it picked up.
Right now all it says online is in progress.
Give it a few more day and check again.

harshalp

Mar 22, 2016
gauri.gupta08 said:
I have exactly same timelines as you guys, and now my online status also says 'We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:'

What's the CIC number you guys call on? I'll call them now and hopefully get the good news too (fingers crossed)!
Here's the phone number: 1 888-242-2100
Good Luck!

gauri.gupta08

Aug 6, 2013
harshalp said:
Here's the phone number: 1 888-242-2100
Good Luck!
Thank you! Just called CIC. My card went into printing on 1st Dec. And ideally it should be about 3 weeks from now, from what I have been told.

So glad :) There IS light at the end of the tunnel!

Nadine_Lb

Dec 6, 2016
Hi I am new here, I received an email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review since April 2016 since now no news, even that I can't assess my application status on CIC website. can any one help me to check my application. thanks you

jnasarat

Sep 26, 2016
Osama912 said:
I called them my card is
in production

Hello Osama912, Congratulation :). Did you receive any emails from CIC just before saying that your PR is ready. or any general emails like this one below:

Hello,

Our records show that you may be a permanent resident (PR) of Canada. This email is a reminder that you must present your valid Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) when boarding a flight to Canada.

Canadian permanent residents who do not present a valid PR card or PRTD may be denied boarding their flight to Canada for not having the appropriate travel documents.

It is your responsibility to ensure that your PR card is still valid when you return from travel outside of Canada. The expiry date is printed on the card. If your PR card is expired or will expire within six months, you should apply now to renew your card.

If you are in Canada and do not currently have a permanent resident card or your card is expired, find out how to apply for a permanent resident card.
If you are outside of Canada and do not have a PR card or your card is expired, find out how to apply for a permanent resident travel document (PRTD).
Plan ahead and check the processing times to receive a valid PR card or PRTD before your next international trip.

Please note that if you believe you no longer meet Canada’s permanent residency requirements, your permanent resident status must be resolved before you can apply for a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). For example, if you choose to give up (renounce) your permanent resident status, you can then apply for an eTA or a visa. Learn more about your residency requirements and your options as a permanent resident of Canada.

We encourage you to share this information with your family and friends as we want to avoid Canadian permanent residents experiencing travel delays because they don’t have the appropriate travel document to board a flight to Canada.

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
[/i][/i][/b][/i][/pre][/font][/font][/color]

jnasarat

Sep 26, 2016
Hi,

ww w.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp

Make sure you change he Identification typr to " Client ID number/ Unique Client Identifier" and use the format 0000-0000. Then everything is straight forward.

Good luck