+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

kwtangerine

Oct 14, 2016
penguin23 said:
update: bad news. Ytd I have the error page. Today I called them. They said my application went into secondary review. I tried to go into ECAS today and there was no error page. its like normal and it says 'in process'
Wondering if you could share your timeline with us, penguin23?

penguin23

Nov 23, 2016
kwtangerine said:
Wondering if you could share your timeline with us, penguin23?
Hello! This is my timeline so far.

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 23, 2016.
2. We started processing your application on October 7, 2016.
3. We sent you correspondence on October 25, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

They sent me a letter asking for colour copy of passports

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
penguin23 said:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 23, 2016.
3. We sent you correspondence on October 25, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Hi Penguin23,

Have you been referred to secondary review? and when?

asif007

Dec 8, 2016
penguin23 said:

Hi Penguin123,

Did you application went into secondary review after you got error message from ECAS?
I was able to access status of my application till yesterday. However, today when I try to check status using my UCI number, I get a message that the system cannot indentify me using the information I provided. Did same thing happen to you as well?
Thanks.

penguin23

Nov 23, 2016
They sent me correspondence on Oct 25 asking for photocopy passport but they didn't mention anything about secondary review. I tried calling the hotline a few times but nobody can give me an accurate answer. They didn't confirm or deny I am in secondary review - just in process.

So after I got the error message, I called the next day and the guy on the phone told me I'm in secondary review. I might be kicked into secondary review on Oct 25... but I will never be sure ???

Osama912

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Hi Guys
After 16 months I got my and my family PRS today, but I paid a very expensive cost as my father passed away in October 2016 while I am waiting.
This is my time line
appl received Aug 2015
secondary review January 2016
Got it today Dec 2016
They did not ask for any documents. and Cards are valid for 5 years.
wish all luck for you and thanks for your supports during the waiting period. Please keep fingers crossing
Thanks again

Ramik

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Osama912 said:
Hi Guys
After 16 months I got my and my family PRS today, but I paid a very expensive price as my father passed away in October 2016 while I am waiting.
This is my time line
appl received Aug 2015
secondary review January 2016
Got it today Dec 2016
They did not ask for any documents. and Cards are valid for 5 years.
wish all luck for you and thanks for your supports during the waiting period. Please keep fingers crossing
Thanks again
I'm so sorry for your loss Osama912.

harshalp

Mar 22, 2016
harshalp said:
Good News guys!
I called CIC today (Dec 5) and they said my PR renewal has been approved. She said my new PR card was sent to production on December 1, 2016.
I signed into my account yesterday (Dec 4) to check my status but I was getting this message: "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons" so I knew something was up and decided to call CIC. Here's my timeline for your reference:

We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 31, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 23, 2016.
We started processing your application on January 23, 2016.
We sent you correspondence on January 27, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

My question for everyone is How long does it take to receive new PR card in mail after it goes into production? CIC told me it can take up to 6 weeks. I would like to hear from people who recently got their PR card.
Just an update: Today I got my PR card in mailbox.

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
-

Looks like applications which were thrown into Secondary Review black box in January 2016 are coming through - Osama, Harshalp.....

Agree, or I am getting wrong?

Ramik

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Totally agree Quasar81..when was your secondary review date? I'm assuming that they should start the February 2016 very soon

Dec 2015: Mrmr, rbrar14
Jan 2016: Osama912, bahaar, harshalp, KITG, KITJ
Feb 2016: vop, kwtangerine
Mar 2016: Chrome, Ramik, Brenttristan
Apr 2016: decent guy 3
May 2016: MatQue