Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Yes I received this kind of email recently its a kind of general email

jnasarat said:
Hello Osama912, Congratulation :). Did you receive any emails from CIC just before saying that your PR is ready. or any general emails like this one below:

Hello,

Our records show that you may be a permanent resident (PR) of Canada. This email is a reminder that you must present your valid Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) when boarding a flight to Canada.

Canadian permanent residents who do not present a valid PR card or PRTD may be denied boarding their flight to Canada for not having the appropriate travel documents.

It is your responsibility to ensure that your PR card is still valid when you return from travel outside of Canada. The expiry date is printed on the card. If your PR card is expired or will expire within six months, you should apply now to renew your card.

If you are in Canada and do not currently have a permanent resident card or your card is expired, find out how to apply for a permanent resident card.
If you are outside of Canada and do not have a PR card or your card is expired, find out how to apply for a permanent resident travel document (PRTD).
Plan ahead and check the processing times to receive a valid PR card or PRTD before your next international trip.

Please note that if you believe you no longer meet Canada’s permanent residency requirements, your permanent resident status must be resolved before you can apply for a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). For example, if you choose to give up (renounce) your permanent resident status, you can then apply for an eTA or a visa. Learn more about your residency requirements and your options as a permanent resident of Canada.

We encourage you to share this information with your family and friends as we want to avoid Canadian permanent residents experiencing travel delays because they don’t have the appropriate travel document to board a flight to Canada.

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
[/i][/i][/b][/i][/pre][/font][/font][/color]

Osama912

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
ramkris said:
No I did not receive any e mail like that, but I called them yesterday , they told me , my card and my wife card and my daughter card are in production.

kwtangerine

Oct 14, 2016
Congrats harshalp, Osama912, and gauri.gupta08! Now hopefully they start processing the Feb 2016 files... :)

penguin23, do you have good news as well?

Chuc

Nov 22, 2016
ramkris said:
hi to all of you ... recently i joined this blog and i would like if anyone have the same status as i do.
renew of PR card. maybe someone post earlier but it is 80pages so i didn't flip all the pages to check.
Well i applied to renew the PR in 2016 in the following time frame:
April 14 2016 CIC received the document
june 14 received a letter stating : first review is done and processing to the second reviewer .
since then nothing is moving and the application status is " in process"
did anyone applied in this time and got her/his PR card.
thanks

Ramik

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Chuc said:
hi to all of you ... recently i joined this blog and i would like if anyone have the same status as i do.
renew of PR card. maybe someone post earlier but it is 80pages so i didn't flip all the pages to check.
Well i applied to renew the PR in 2016 in the following time frame:
April 14 2016 CIC received the document
june 14 received a letter stating : first review is done and processing to the second reviewer .
since then nothing is moving and the application status is " in process"
did anyone applied in this time and got her/his PR card.
thanks
Hi Chuc, welcome :) right now we are seeing people who had their files go into secondary review by January 2016 getting their PRs produced. So it will be a few months for you (hopefully not too long) before your file can be processed (thats assuming all is well in your file)

Chuc

Nov 22, 2016
finger crossed then .. thanks for the reply.
As well had a friend who applied in last august 2015 , file opened in feb 2016 yet still waitting.
will post of any update come thru.
god bless you all ...

davidT321

Feb 24, 2016
Update :

november 2015 :applied for renewal
May 2 ,2016 secondary rewiew

13 months later and 7 months after secondary rewiew , absolutely nothing happens :eek: :'( :(

KITJ

Mar 19, 2016
Hi guys ,congrats to those members who got their pr cards, I have a question,I actually have 2 applications with cic right now so when I'm using my UCI number I'm still able to see the those old updates about my pr card being in secondary review but when I'm using my pr card renewal file number and pr card renewal receipt number I'm seeing same error like you guys said ,so could it mean my pr card went for production as well? I couldn't call CIC today their lines were so busy they even couldn't put me through waiting list,hope we all hear some good news very SOON!

penguin23

Nov 23, 2016
update: bad news. Ytd I have the error page. Today I called them. They said my application went into secondary review. I tried to go into ECAS today and there was no error page. its like normal and it says 'in process'

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
penguin23 said:
update: bad news. Ytd I have the error page. Today I called them. They said my application went into secondary review. I tried to go into ECAS today and there was no error page. its like normal and it says 'in process'
This makes more sense. My condolences to all negatively affected.

Not saying that everyone among those reporting above, about eCas and inference that the SR process was finally over, PR card on its way, will be disappointed, that delivery of new PR is not what is happening.

But the report by penguin23 makes sense, that this was more likely an error for some or most or . . . well, that it was an error for at least many is what makes sense (even though, obviously, that is not the preference).

Obviously, this forum would benefit from confirmation reports by those who do actually receive a PR card now, and also from those who also learn (such as in subsequent eCas notations or call centre response) otherwise, that is that unfortunately their applications are still in process (which likely means still SR process).

And of course anything which gets hopes up, and then dashes them, hurts. So I imagine this is not just bad news, but painful news.

In regard to the latter, anyone who has followed Canadian immigration much knows that these forums are prone to this sort of thing, one or five individuals getting less than reliable information from a call centre or consultant or some other source (even if accurate for the individual, often not reliable for anyone else), and then that information tending to get leveraged into a misleading narrative. Hence the common caution to not rely on what will happen next unless and until there is a formal, definitive notice of what will happen next . . . for each individual, individually.

marahmarah

Sep 4, 2016
Hello to all,
Received a letter from local CIC office to pick my card on any Monday. They requested originals from all copies in the application. My marriage certificate. Record of landing. Passport used for past 5 years. Driver licence. Etc..does this mean a full interview and residency questionnaire.
Thanks for anyone with such experience to share.

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
marahmarah said:
Hello to all,
Received a letter from local CIC office to pick my card on any Monday. They requested originals from all copies in the application. My marriage certificate. Record of landing. Passport used for past 5 years. Driver licence. Etc..does this mean a full interview and residency questionnaire.
If I may ask, what is your timeline ?

Chrome

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
marahmarah said:
Hello to all,
Congratulations marahmarah!

I have a relative who were asked to pick up her PR card from the visa office. The IRCC agent was very friendly, checked the documents and handed her the PR card in like 5 minutes or less.

Good luck and let us know what happens with you.