+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

daisy178

May 21, 2015
elliesun said:
So Sad... I'm still waiting and checking the status every Tuesday. :'(

Here is my timeline:
We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 20, 2015.
We started processing your application on July 15, 2015.
We sent you correspondence on July 15, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
We sent you a letter on July 15, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

My wedding is on Oct.2nd 2016, 4 months later. I sent the urgent process request one month ago and got the confirmation that my requested has been processed. However, I waited for another month still no update. So I called CIC call center last week. The lady told me even they approved my urgent processing request but since it's under secondary review then can't grantee whether they will urgent process your application. I totally agree when you under secondary review you are no more human....
I received my PR card exactly 1 year after I received secondary review letter. Total application time is 13.5 months. But It took even longer for my husband, this is his timeline:

1.We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 11, 2015.
2.We started processing your application on April 23, 2015.
3.We sent you a letter on April 23, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Now, nothing happened, he sent two emails to CIC but still got no reply. :'( :'(

Mrmr

May 16, 2016
heeradeepak said:
Yes pls see my previous post if secondary review means you lost all rights as human. Thanks to CIC dictatorship and incompetent staff finding accuse to delay the process for silly reasons.

I completely understand your frustration and yes!! I can imagine how incompetent the staff are.
They simply don't care about our concerns at all!
I can not find any reason to renew a PR in one year or more !!! SERIOUSLY
if they need clarification, documentation or have a question JUST ASK FOR IT. why we have to wait and wait and wait?
If they are understaffed why not to hire temporary employees to get the job done?
why they are processing applications from 2016 while 2015 application still on hold????!!! is it fair?

here is my update:

I applied July 2015 to renew my PR
December 2015 got secondary review.
March 2016 applied for urgent processing(with a letter explaining my personal situation as I have a very sick member of my family) with my tickets and receipts my flight was last Thursday and I had to cancel my tickets.
PS: I have included our educational records in Canada ( my husband and I ) we used to be students in each semester for the last three years, the previous years notice of assessments, my children report cards, I volunteered for the government and I have reference letters from the City but it's in vain!

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Mrmr said:
I completely understand your frustration and yes!! I can imagine how incompetent the staff are.
They simply don't care about our concerns at all!
I can not find any reason to renew a PR in one year or more !!! SERIOUSLY
if they need clarification, documentation or have a question JUST ASK FOR IT. why we have to wait and wait and wait?
If they are understaffed why not to hire temporary employees to get the job done?
why they are processing applications from 2016 while 2015 application still on hold????!!! is it fair?

here is my update:

I applied July 2015 to renew my PR
December 2015 got secondary review.
March 2016 applied for urgent processing(with a letter explaining my personal situation as I have a very sick member of my family) with my tickets and receipts my flight was last Thursday and I had to cancel my tickets.
PS: I have included our educational records in Canada ( my husband and I ) we used to be students in each semester for the last three years, the previous years notice of assessments, my children report cards, I volunteered for the government and I have reference letters from the City but it's in vain!
I totally agree with u because their reasons are inexplicable and I made sure to let them know through repeated inquiries that I'm right here and am willing to meet with any IRCC officer anywhere at any time if they have any doubts and all I heard were crickets and their usual boilerplate response. I would suggest talking to your MP's office to inquire with the minister on why PR card secondary review renewals have no answers and even worse is there being no timeline. Since the department has so many issues, this is just one of many. The conservatives left a gargantuan mess and I know this will eventually be cleaned up but since we're living here in the now, honestly, really unsure what to do. AJK is trying to put together a petition so all that we can do is try(I guess)

This is the department that allowed the Harper PMO to vet refugee files so any claim from them of integrity is really hollow. Like I always remind every single new immigrant, I hope when its time for you to vote in 2019, that you remember the actions of the Harper govt. All my friends who were put through nightmarish RQs and I can assure you that they didnt forget. They were made to wait an extra 3 years in addition to the requirements. So a total of 6 years with every year serving up a scary nightmare for them. Most of those who supported the Harper govt were immigrants who had it easy and never went through the nightmare of dealing with a Harper immigration dept whose claim to fame was popularizing 2 tier citizenship. This is a department that is unable to change its domain name from cic to ircc and its been 7 months.

I dont know if you saw the refugee debate on Friday in the house, where Michelle Rempel and other conservatives had the gall to complain to the minister that they werent bringing refugees fast enough. This is the same groups of demagogues who said No to everything regarding immigrants and suddenly, they are in love with refugees. They have been out of power for 7 months and already, trying to weasel their way out of their prior actions.

Mrmr

May 16, 2016
vop said:
I would suggest talking to your MP's office to inquire with the minister on why PR card secondary review renewals have no answers and even worse is there being no timeline.

I dont know if you saw the refugee debate on Friday in the house, where Michelle Rempel and other conservatives had the gall to complain to the minister that they werent bringing refugees fast enough. This is the same groups of demagogues who said No to everything regarding immigrants and suddenly, they are in love with refugees. They have been out of power for 7 months and already, trying to weasel their way out of their prior actions.
Thanks for your reply, can you Imagine that I have already reached my MP office and he could not do anything for me! he got the same ridiculous response " no timeline for secondary review files!"
I wish I could know the rationale behind choosing "discriminating" certain files with secondary review, as I believe that I have very strong evidence that I exist in Canada!
Yes I saw the conservatives complaining about the slow process, they cracked me, previously they were claiming that bringing refugees will take long time due to the security checks!

daisy178

May 21, 2015
daisy178 said:
I received my PR card exactly 1 year after I received secondary review letter. Total application time is 13.5 months. But It took even longer for my husband, this is his timeline:

1.We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 11, 2015.
2.We started processing your application on April 23, 2015.
3.We sent you a letter on April 23, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Now, nothing happened, he sent two emails to CIC but still got no reply. :'( :'(
Finally, My husband received a letter from CIC that ask him to pick up his card on the end of June. From my opinion, send email to CIC was effective eventhough we got no reply.
My huaband and I both got our Card or pick card letter about 2 weeks after we sent out sencond email ( about ten days after my sending first one).

Mrmr

May 16, 2016
daisy178 said:
Finally, My husband received a letter from CIC that ask him to pick up his card on the end of June. From my opinion, send email to CIC was effective eventhough we got no reply.
My huaband and I both got our Card or pick card letter about 2 weeks after we sent out sencond email ( about ten days after my sending first one).
could you please explain which email do you use to contact them?
Thanks

daisy178

May 21, 2015
Mrmr said:
could you please explain which email do you use to contact them?
Thanks
"Pardy.Michelle" <Michelle.Pardy@cic.gc.ca>
I received my secondary review letter from this email, so I sent email to this address. May be he is the officer who review my case. My husband received his secondary review letter byregular mail,but he also sent enquiry email to this address.

ivylane

Oct 17, 2015
Here's my timeline

Application received Febtuary 2015
We started processing your application 31st March 3015
We sent you letter 31st March 2015

Copies of passports sent and received 10th April 2015

Have not heard anything from them since last year I did call them last year several times and sent s case specific inquiry then but no luck

Don't know when I receive the card

CanadianME

Star Member
May 31, 2015
did you have an airline ticket when you use a case specific form?

Thanks
ivylane said:
Here's my timeline

Application received Febtuary 2015
We started processing your application 31st March 3015
We sent you letter 31st March 2015

Copies of passports sent and received 10th April 2015

Have not heard anything from them since last year I did call them last year several times and sent s case specific inquiry then but no luck

Don't know when I receive the card

ivylane

Oct 17, 2015
Hi know I didn't I just thought I would enquire how long it would take. They just say there is no maximum waiting time

CanadianME

Star Member
May 31, 2015
Hello all,
Just wanted to share the good news. My timeline as follow:

I applied for PR renewal in May 2015
Secondary review email Sept 2015
request for urgent processing in early May 2016 with air tickets.
Today, status online update. Your request for PR was approved on June 8th! a week ago but show online today. Your cards will be mailed or you will be asked to pick up them personally for quality assurance.

NO OTHER DOCUMENTS WERE REQUESTED. I'm sure I sent an inclusive file that proves 350.99% that I have been in country for 3 years straight.!

Best luck buddies and keep the hope running....

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
CanadianME said:
Hello all,
Just wanted to share the good news. My timeline as follow:

I applied for PR renewal in May 2015
Secondary review email Sept 2015
request for urgent processing in early May 2016 with air tickets.
Today, status online update. Your request for PR was approved on June 8th! a week ago but show online today. Your cards will be mailed or you will be asked to pick up them personally for quality assurance.

NO OTHER DOCUMENTS WERE REQUESTED. I'm sure I sent an inclusive file that proves 350.99% that I have been in country for 3 years straight.!

Best luck buddies and keep the hope running....
Firstly, Congrats to you! And also, AJK! I cant believe its come to the point of order where we've come to congratulating each other in order to get a routine document that is owed to us by the government. Its not like we're getting our citizenship where we have accomplished something. In this case, we are just asking for a renewal of a document that is owed to us like say obtaining a renewed passport as your PR status continues all along. Have we congratulated each other when we got our passports renewed unless if we come from a 3rd world country in which case, even getting a renewed passport is such a pain in the butt.

Having said that, there is nothing much we can do, its an unfortunate reality with the actions of the department so far. One can hope there will be change from the minister for a while (but i havent got my card yet so hard to take his word) but regarding your 350.99% comment, I am almost sure that is the case for almost all of us who are waiting. They have kept the file somewhere and nobody has touched it. I know from personal experience, I've given them every single document that 100% proves that I live here and have been living here for close to 3 years and working very well too! I know they just havent bothered to even open the file once its sent for secondary review. I even gave them entry-exit documents proactively to ensure they had no excuse but zilch.

If their answer to everything is that we spend 1000 plus on getting air tickets to get them to look at an application, its just really not good, to say the least.

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
ramkris said:
If there is no transparency why shouldn't we blame as each and every country on earth.If someone is doing bad deeds those will be counted as bad and good deeds are counted as good same applies to cic .If you have a survey of those in secondary review applicants with their GCMS notes you could see for most of them their files stayed with out any one touching them for atleast six months.

What was happening in these six months Is cic not sleeping? Those kind of excuses suits for a undeveloped country not for developed country like canada.
Absolutely right! We like to believe that we live in the best country in the world. So we expect a good service everywhere. Putting secondary review cases in cold storage for months can't be accepted as a good practice. We must seek improvements in the system and not remain mute spectators. Why can't IRCC be more forthright and ask for more documents right at the application stage and reduce the chances of cases going for secondary review? Or why can't they ask for additional documents when they inform an applicant that his/her case is being referred for a secondary review? Obviously sleeping over an application for months is like penalizing the applicant, which doesn't do anything to enhance image of the country.