Requested urgent processing: June 13
Received email from IRCC that they would try to expedite: June 14
Received email that my case has been referred for secondary review: June 15
Requested urgent processing again on June 17
Received email from IRCC that i should tell them my eCAS: June 20
Replied that eCAS shows 'In Process' : June 20
Received email that my PR card has already been mailed to me : June 21
Received PR card : June 24

Hope it helps fellow members in similar situation.

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Thats a good news congrats . CIC worked like rocket in your case receiving pr card wih in days of secondary review Thats amazing we hope it does the same way in all of us

Thommo said:
Received PR card yesterday. My timeline is as follows:

Application received: March 29, 2016
Processing started: April 20
Requested urgent processing: June 13
Received email from IRCC that they would try to expedite: June 14
Received email that my case has been referred for secondary review: June 15
Requested urgent processing again on June 17
Received email from IRCC that i should tell them my eCAS: June 20
Replied that eCAS shows 'In Process' : June 20
Received email that my PR card has already been mailed to me : June 21
Received PR card : June 24

Hope it helps fellow members in similar situation.

khanwaja

Star Member
Mar 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2008
Doc's Request.
Dec 2008
AOR Received.
Apr 2009
Med's Request
Nov 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2010
LANDED..........
August 2010
I applied for PR renewal in March and last week received letter saying office has initiated PR determination investigation. My application has been transfered to local Hamilton office. Office requested documents by 20th July - but all requested documents were submitted at the time of application submission so why they are asking it again.

In letter they send questaire asking write dates you have been physically in canada (about 500+ days) and days you worked for canadian employee overseas (300+)

Any help will be appreciated. I am currently overseas on work assignment by my canadian employer so like to know if i couldnt submit the required document in their specified time what will happen?

ohk7

Oct 27, 2015
Secondary Review cases piling up and there is no indication on time limit, as can be read

Thanks AJK- long wait as advised by you +

It seems that the applicants have no choice but to wait- fine- waiting is okay --one year is a pretty long time - to check and recheck an applicants papers and details and call for further details, if required. what i presume, best course lies in advising a time limit to avoid the anxiety by way of checking the web page at regular intervals and now with the postal strike around the corner things more get more complicated??/

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
ohk7 said:
:p Secondary Review cases piling up and there is no indication as to how much time it takes to recheck the applications any one any idea???
It's around 12-14 months, we passed through...can you please share your timeline..

We tried to make Secondary Review Petition on behalf of all Victims but didn't got support..

All the best

ohk7

Oct 27, 2015
Thanks AJK_9

:( Long wait - i wonder if all secondary review cases pending for more than one year could jointly request CIC to help expedite.

One long year should be more thn enough to check recheck and deicde the course, if any more documents required or else??

best rgds

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
ohk7 said:
Thanks AJK_9

:( Long wait - i wonder if all secondary review cases pending for more than one year could jointly request CIC to help expedite.

One long year should be more thn enough to check recheck and deicde the course, if any more documents required or else??

best rgds
No use there are so many applicant more than one year crying and sending emails to CIC, MP, Immigration Minister and prime minister also.

Believe me no one is listening us for them Syrian refugees are important not PR.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
ohk7 said:
Thanks AJK_9

best rgds
You are welcome please check this....only 3-4 members shared requested information...!!!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/secondary-review-petition-t399342.75.html

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
ohk7 said:
Thanks AJK_9

best rgds
The main problem with attempting a joint effort is that the reasons why the application is in Secondary Review vary widely from individual to individual, and even when there are similar issues involved, the specific circumstances and details in each respective individual's case have a big influence on how it goes and, in particular, what recourse there is in the Canadian legal system.

The overall slow processing of applications in SR may indeed be addressed by way of typical advocacy, ranging from petitions to letter campaigns, repeated pressure on MPs, and in particularly egregious cases perhaps the assistance of the media. But this will not accelerate the processing timeline for any particular individual.

Otherwise, the wheels of justice turn slowly. The vast majority of cases bogged down in the truly lengthy SR process involve real issues, notwithstanding protests to the contrary. The fact there are real issues does not justify inordinate, let alone excessive delays, but it does take the case off routine processing tracks and that inherently puts the case into unpredictable and highly variable non-routine processing. Note, however, if you read back through reports by those dragged into SR, you should note that for more than a few (tending to be those with the stronger cases) the process does not drag on so long. More than a few of those with strong residency cases, for example, have reported successfully applying for urgent processing (in appropriate circumstances) or otherwise their SR getting resolved sooner rather than later.

While it is impossible to get a clear statistical read, it appears most likely that the vast majority of SR cases which drag on for the extra-long haul tend to involve individuals whose history or patterns or circumstances suggest they have not fully settled into living in Canada permanently, or did so only recently. And of course these individuals tend to face higher risks of problems if they go abroad and apply for a PR Travel Document (which is what IRCC recommends if a PR's application for a PR card is bogged down in SR and the PR needs to travel abroad).

And remember, Canadian PR status does not confer any international mobility rights. A PR's international mobility is entirely dependent on the PR's passport. So any complaints about not being able to travel internationally should be directed to the jurisdiction/government which issued the PR's passport, not to the Canadian government. International mobility rights in Canada specifically apply only to Canadian citizens. (The grant of PR status does not confer or promise or in any way provide or protect an individual's international mobility.)

Immigrants who want Canadian protection of international mobility rights, including the right to leave and return to Canada, need to qualify for and obtain Canadian citizenship. The Canadian Charter of Rights gives PRs mobility rights only within Canada.

And this, in turn, tends to mean the inconvenience of processing delays, insofar as the impact on Canadian rights and privileges, is considered relatively minor. In other words, so far as how the Canadian immigration system works, particularly since a PR does not need to possess a valid PR card, the impact of a delay in issuing a new card is considered relatively minor . . . recognizing, again, that the absence of a PR card does not impinge on any PR mobility rights as provided by Canadian law.

The practical impact is much larger, indeed, and while this can be presented as a basis for demanding reasonable processing times, my impression is that the courts are not likely to be receptive to claims about how important a PR card is for a PR whose history or circumstances do not support the conclusion the PR is fully-settled and living permanently in Canada.

Overall, the best approach to getting the PR card application processed timely is to be sure to be well-settled permanently in Canada for well more than two years prior to applying for the card, and of course to be living permanently in Canada while the application is pending. Sure, some will still encounter SR even in this scenario. But the odds of SR are much lower, and then the odds are the SR will not take nearly so long.

Beyond that, either following IRCC's advice, which is to travel and then obtain a PR TD for the return to Canada, or going to a lawyer to begin the process for seeking Mandamus relief, are more likely to accelerate a decision for a given individual . . . and again, some have been successful in applying for urgent processing.

Tri-Cities

Aug 10, 2015
Do you have any idea on how many applications (in general) (think about all the paperstuff that comes just with one application) they have to work on? They are humans like you and I, not machines!

complain complain...

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Tri-Cities said:
Do you have any idea on how many applications (in general) (think about all the paperstuff that comes just with one application) they have to work on? They are humans like you and I, not machines!

complain complain...

Sir,

Do you work for cic?. All categories that cic works like fsw,cec,family sponsorships,and whatever with including police, background checks, third party verifications everything has a processing times except secondary review . why cant any one complain.

As per my knowledge renewal requires physical presence of a person inside canada for 730 days . If CBSA can record each entry and exit of a individual and those details can be shared with cic solves the problem.

Let cic give processing time frame for secondary review applications also then until that time is finished no one can complain. wear shoes of a secondary review applicant who has plans to move out short term then you will know

Tri-Cities

Aug 10, 2015
I'm female ;D

No I do not work for IRCC / CIC, so? I just know that those officers have a hell of work to do. I worked in an office for many years and I can tell you that things seem so easy to people who didn't work in that office and therefore they didn't know about the work system we had or had to follow.

Oh sure, you can complain all day long....for what? It won't get you nowhere.

You guys forget about something: IRCC / CIC has a certain amount of people working in their offices, Monday - Friday minus holidays. And that amount of officers have to deal with thousands of applications on a daily basis.

I am pretty sure they would love to have a few more officers in the office but as far as I know, well heard they had to deal with a staff cut a while ago....which means less working officers have to deal with the same or even more applications.

One can only do so much. If you're superman...well good for you then.

no offense

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Tri-Cities said:
I'm female ;D

No I do not work for IRCC / CIC, so? I just know that those officers have a hell of work to do. I worked in an office for many years and I can tell you that things seem so easy to people who didn't work in that office and therefore they didn't know about the work system we had or had to follow.

Oh sure, you can complain all day long....for what? It won't get you nowhere.

You guys forget about something: IRCC / CIC has a certain amount of people working in their offices, Monday - Friday minus holidays. And that amount of officers have to deal with thousands of applications on a daily basis.

I am pretty sure they would love to have a few more officers in the office but as far as I know, well heard they had to deal with a staff cut a while ago....which means less working officers have to deal with the same or even more applications.

One can only do so much. If you're superman...well good for you then.

no offense
Dear Madam,

Every one has a hell lot of work to do .Can you keep some paper indefinitely on your desk where as cic doing that .We dont care whether they decrease their staff or increase their increments . What we like is responsible answer .How much max time it would take for a secondary review applicants so they can plan ahead.

If I am a superman I dont need any countries visa or PR cards or citizen ships. I know complains doesnt solve any but this is a place where we share happiness,complaints information sharing all . If you dont want to read that dont open this thread .If you see my posts here i praised also

Since this is cic doing this in a lazy way I'm complaining about cic .You might have come across another department in canada or any other country . When you face a problem like that then remember what ever sentences you used here.

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Received my PR card today

1 Submitted Application October 2015
2.Started procesing and secondary review feb 2016
3.PR received 18 July 2016

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
AJK_9 said:
You are welcome please check this....only 3-4 members shared requested information...!!!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/secondary-review-petition-t399342.75.html
Problem is there is no unity here.

Someone took initiative but nobody shared information with him to help on petition, or collective go to Ottawa and meet minister. He is asking for names and last 4 digits of case #. I mean is the guy asking some jewellery gold.....

People just love to complain and do nothing about it.