+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
I realize that this particular topic is largely for venting.

But for those interested in understanding the process better and perhaps looking for ways to better navigate the way forward, I offer the following observations.

Some Observations:

Among various actions a PR might pursue toward pushing IRCC to grant or deny the application for a new PR card, one might start by making a customized, detailed ATIP request; the standard ATIP request is not likely to be robust enough to get the information the PR could use, so before doing this the PR needs to do some serious homework and fashion the request to specifically obtain more than just a copy of a GCMS query-based report (which is what is typically sent in response to ATIP requests).

Generally I do not encourage making ATIP requests, since it appears way too many do so unnecessarily, some repeatedly, and I do not favour unnecessarily or frivolously imposing burdens on our hard-working and, to a serious extent, over-extended civil service personnel, who for the most part are undoubtedly dedicated to providing timely and competent service but are hampered by lack of resources, including shortfalls in funding and a limited work-force.

The length of time involved in many Secondary Review cases, however, suggests there is a systemic problem resulting in excessive delays with little or no explanation or accountability for the delay. So of course some proactive efforts to compel IRCC to address the problem, particularly on an individual basis relative to those PRs who are settled and living permanently in Canada, is warranted.

A customized ATIP request may be a start.

Canada is governed by the rule of law, which inherently mandates fair procedure, and avenues of recourse for those denied fair procedure. From ways to petition the government to applications for judicial intervention, the means of recourse are many but, since I am no expert, and this is not a venue appropriate for providing personal advice, it would be imprudent to attempt mapping a strategy for anyone in particular. And, while most of you who are in this situation, with PR card applications seemingly in limbo, probably feel like this is a general imposition applied across the group, the reality is that the vast majority of these cases, yours included, are very individual specific, largely dependent on the individual details in each of your specific cases, that is, personal to each of you.

That is, I doubt there is any one-way-to-fix-all; that is, the way forward for each case is more or less specific to the individual case.

That said, there are some general considerations. Such as, as I mention above, beginning by making a detailed, customized ATIP request.

Individual PRs may also make formal demands for action on their application. But if and when to do this, and more specifically how to do this in the individual case, is very much personal. It is something which typically would be far better to have an experienced lawyer do. But I am not sure there are many, if any, lawyers experienced in compelling IRCC (or CIC before it became IRCC) to process and determine a PR card application.

The rub is that there is no substantive status involved in issuing a PR card. A Federal Court might decline to entertain granting a Writ of Mandamus because a PR does not really need a PR card to enjoy any of the rights of PR, which is to say that notwithstanding the real-life inconvenience those affected by excessive delays suffer, a failure by IRCC to determine and issue a new PR card does not compromise any substantive rights. Remember: the Charter explicitly distinguishes the rights of Citizens to travel internationally from the rights of PRs to travel within Canada.

Nonetheless, IRPA does state that PRs are to be issued status cards. So IRPA imposes that obligation on IRCC unless there is a reasonable basis to question whether the individual actually has PR status.

A reason to investigate a PR for inadmissibility does not affect the validity of the PR's status unless and until there is a formal report or decision made finding the individual is either not a PR or is inadmissible. After all, even if a PR's card application is hung up in SR, if the PR arrives at a PoE seeking entry into Canada, the border officials must allow entry.

To my view, this means IRCC should be required to issue a PR card even if the PR is being investigated for inadmissibility, be that for fraud or for being in breach of the PR RO.

If I was a Canadian lawyer (but I am NOT a Canadian lawyer), I would focus an argument based on the consequential inconvenience imposed versus the minimal significance of issuing and delivering the PR card. An investigation into the PR's admissibility can continue and be done independently. Issuing a new card does not preclude CBSA, IRCC, or the RCMP from continuing to investigate and if cause for determining inadmissibility is determined, to issue a Report and Departure Order. After all, a PR can be reported for a breach of the PR RO even if the PR has a new PR card valid for another four plus years, if of course the PR is in breach of the PR RO.

Alternatively, at the least a provisional PR card valid for one-year could be issued.

But to pursue such recourse will demand a concerted, dedicated effort, a lot of homework, and without a strong grasp of the procedures, policies, rules, regulations, and law, it would be extremely difficult (not just difficult, but extremely difficult). Thus, again, this would typically be something for which a good lawyer (not just any lawyer) is needed.

Which leads to some other reality based considerations:

Given the relatively minimal impact on probably a fairly small number of individuals, for most the cost to get a lawyer to do this, or the effort to do the extensive homework and effort necessary to do this on one's own, is prohibitive. Cost versus benefit analysis tips heavily in the costs are way greater than benefit direction.

And, while undoubtedly the scope of who is swept into SR is broad enough to drag a number of PRs into the protracted SR process whose status should be above challenge, the far larger percentage of PRs affected are:
-- PRs who cut the PR RO close
-- PRs who are abroad while the card application is pending
-- -- or, who are perceived to have continuing employment or residency ties abroad
-- PRs who are otherwise perceived to not be settled permanently in Canada (I have explained why this is a factor elsewhere; whether one thinks it should be or not, it is)
-- PRs who are otherwise suspected of not being in compliance with the PR RO
-- PRs who are suspected of misrepresentation or otherwise suspected of being involved, directly or indirectly, in fraud (including in older transactions with CBSA, CIC, or IRCC)

Some of you may not fall into any of these descriptions. Most probably do relative to one or the other, or even more than one. Some of you may not think any of these apply to you even though one or more probably does.

Note, by the way, it appears IRCC has tagged many suspect addresses, telephone numbers, employers, and especially certain consultants or representatives. Any history with any of these could trigger further inquiries or even a fraud investigation. Thus, for example, if a PR came to Canada ten years ago and, in the process of coming to Canada used a consultant subsequently identified as suspect, or has in any CIC or IRCC process reported an address or employer which has subsequently been identified as suspect, that could be what triggers the elevated scrutiny and extended delays in processing. I do not know the mechanics of how this information is screened, but I believe it has been incorporated into the IRCC GCMS background check

For PRs who are well-settled permanently in Canada and clearly in compliance with the PR RO:

There are some reports which suggest repeatedly pushing IRCC, which may require repeated ATIP requests if case specific inquiries run into a dead end, might have an impact on getting the PR card issued sooner. Formal demands can be made, but these really should be very deliberately composed after doing a lot of homework and carefully structuring the demand (otherwise it goes into the file and is probably ignored).

My sense is that a large number of SR cases involve PRs who barely met the PR RO, and for these PRs there may be no getting around longer waiting times.

Another group of substantial size (and may actually be larger than those who barely met the PR RO, and of course there will also be overlap) are those PRs perceived to be abroad or at least continuing to maintain a residence or employment abroad. For this group, those who also applied barely meeting the PR RO (the overlap with the first group), odds are indeed IRCC will take a long while and scrutinize other sources of information closely before taking action on the application. Otherwise, my sense is that IRCC may put these cases on the shelf until the PR applies for a PR Travel Document from abroad. Thus, those who are still in Canada may indeed help their case by taking action illustrating they are in fact still in Canada, residing in Canada.

For those who are abroad, applying for the PR Travel Document is likely to accelerate a Residency Determination, and once back in Canada the issuance of the PR card. Of course this is dependent on submitting adequate proof of compliance with the PR RO in making the PR TD application.

The reality, however, is that many PRs in this situation avoid making a PR TD application because of the perceived risk it might be denied. This is because a denied PR TD application will result in the loss of PR status unless that denial is appealed, and the appeal is won.

In any event, again there is no one-answer-fits-all. There are, however, ways to proceed which will have a fair chance of helping those PRs who are well-settled permanently in Canada and have been so for at least the last three years, or even a bit less than that (more than two and a half years anyway).

But for many, it is enough of a close call that it is indeed prudent to carefully consider postponing travel plans, and to stay settled in Canada pending the outcome of the application.

QRY2016

Feb 3, 2016
CanadianME said:
Hello all,
Just wanted to share the good news. My timeline as follow:

I applied for PR renewal in May 2015
Secondary review email Sept 2015
request for urgent processing in early May 2016 with air tickets.
Today, status online update. Your request for PR was approved on June 8th! a week ago but show online today. Your cards will be mailed or you will be asked to pick up them personally for quality assurance.

NO OTHER DOCUMENTS WERE REQUESTED. I'm sure I sent an inclusive file that proves 350.99% that I have been in country for 3 years straight.!

Best luck buddies and keep the hope running....
Congrats!!! :) I almost have the same timeline as yours. I have been waiting for 15 months, and still got nothing. I have been here for 3 straight years.
I also need to travel urgently for family matters. So can you tell me when were your tickets dated from the date of the application for urgent processing?
Also, you mentioned sending documents? Was this in your first application for renewal or in the application for urgent processing? What kind of documents
did you send? for the tickets, do they accept a print out of online booking? Did you send an appeal letter too? Kindly advise. One more time, Congrats!!!

QRY2016

Feb 3, 2016
In any event, again there is no one-answer-fits-all. There are, however, ways to proceed which will have a fair chance of helping those PRs who are well-settled permanently in Canada and have been so for at least the last three years, or even a bit less than that (more than two and a half years anyway).

Thanks, dpenabill, for your thorough post. I have been living and working, well-settled, in Canada for 3+ straight years. My family including myself, spouse and three children applied for renewal (five months before expiry) and got a secondary review at the same time. Fortunately, they got their citizenship, so they did not need a PR card anymore. I sent CIC a specific case inquiry for three times and got the same reply that there is no time limit. I need to travel urgently for family matters. What should I do next? can you suggest specific steps I should take?

[/quote]

QRY2016

Feb 3, 2016
dpenabill said:
I realize that this particular topic is largely for venting.

But for those interested in understanding the process better and perhaps looking for ways to better navigate the way forward, I offer the following observations.

Some Observations:

The length of time involved in many Secondary Review cases, however, suggests there is a systemic problem resulting in excessive delays with little or no explanation or accountability for the delay. So of course some proactive efforts to compel IRCC to address the problem, particularly on an individual basis relative to those PRs who are settled and living permanently in Canada, is warranted.

For PRs who are well-settled permanently in Canada and clearly in compliance with the PR RO:

Thus, those who are still in Canada may indeed help their case by taking action illustrating they are in fact still in Canada, residing in Canada.
Thanks, dpenabill, for your thorough post. I have been living and working, well-settled, in Canada for 3+ straight years. My family including myself, spouse and three children applied for renewal (five months before expiry) and got a secondary review at the same time. Fortunately, they got their citizenship, so they did not need a PR card anymore. I sent CIC a specific case inquiry for three times and got the same reply that there is no time limit. I need to travel urgently for family matters. What should I do next? can you suggest specific steps I should take?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
QRY2016 said:
As I noted, I am no expert, not a Canadian lawyer, and otherwise not qualified to offer personal advice.

Much of my post above was relative to at least nudging, if not pushing IRCC to take action on the application sooner than it might otherwise. That is not about getting something done soon let alone urgently.

IRCC's position is that the qualified PR can apply for and obtain a PR Travel Document while abroad. That is easier said than done in some contexts, particularly relative to some countries. It costs money. It takes time. And not all visa offices are created equal. But for those who must travel, short of finding a means to travel to the border without having to show a valid PR card (such as traveling to the U.S. and then to the border by private vehicle), the PR Travel Document is the only alternative IRCC offers. Those who can afford a side trip on the way home to a country where the visa office is more reliable and more likely to process the PR TD application within days, might resort to doing that rather than risk the process in countries known for long PR TD processing times (I do not know which countries fall into this group).

And as I noted, making a customized ATIP request may help, and a demand letter (not just a case inquiry) can be made. I should note, I do not know to what extent demand letters are helping. Letters from individual clients appear to often be ignored. Even letters from attorneys sometimes get ignored. The demand letter is a typical prerequisite to making an application for a Writ of Mandamus. The only Mandamus cases I can recall actually working involve Sydney issuing a PR card but then the card is not delivered and the case is subject to further inquiries and processing. Thus, obtaining recourse itself can be time consuming, inconvenient, and require a lot of effort and navigating some complex rules.

Which is to say, I believe a well-drafted demand letter can have a positive impact for the PR with a solid case, but again when to do this, and what to say in the letter, how to make the demand, is no simple task. It needs to be structured in a way that both commands attention and states very specifically the action demanded and succinctly why the Minister has a duty to take this action. Just commanding attention is a particularly difficult thing to do when dealing with a mammoth bureaucracy like IRCC. Figuring out the appropriate way to clearly and succinctly state what action the Minister has a duty to perform, and why, requires doing a lot of homework and analysis, much of it very specific to the individual's situation, including history.

Bottom line, though, is that so long as you meet the requirements for maintaining PR status, and can prove it, if you need to travel you may have to resort to obtaining a PR Travel Document for the trip back to Canada. If you do this, it is worth noting, and do indeed get the PR TD, my sense is that should help push the processing of the PR card application ahead. Be sure to take copies of some key documents supporting your declarations of time in Canada, including especially evidence of employment in Canada, payment of rent or mortgage, CRA documents showing tax returns were filed, and so on. So you have these to submit with the PR TD application.

Indeed, anyone who is sure of their case but bogged down in a long process, if they are able to travel to the U.S., go to Buffalo, NY or Seattle, Washington, and make the PR TD application, be sure to include the documents you wish IRCC would request you to submit. That might indeed propel the case forward. And I would be interested to know how this goes for anyone who is in a position to try this. Cost a bit for the stay in the U.S. but probably less than the cost of a lawyer who might not be able to accomplish much anyway. But of course, be sure to have the proof of compliance with the PR RO.

Of course some doing this may risk a negative decision which could lead to the loss of PR status if not successfully appealed. But those who are settled in Canada and submit proof showing where they worked, and lived, and CRA documents showing tax returns were properly filed, and who otherwise clearly meet the PR RO, will not be denied a PR TD. And that may indeed be enough to propel the PR card processing forward.

teko

Mar 18, 2016
vop said:
Firstly, Congrats to you! And also, AJK! I cant believe its come to the point of order where we've come to congratulating each other in order to get a routine document that is owed to us by the government. Its not like we're getting our citizenship where we have accomplished something. In this case, we are just asking for a renewal of a document that is owed to us like say obtaining a renewed passport as your PR status continues all along. Have we congratulated each other when we got our passports renewed unless if we come from a 3rd world country in which case, even getting a renewed passport is such a pain in the butt.

Having said that, there is nothing much we can do, its an unfortunate reality with the actions of the department so far. One can hope there will be change from the minister for a while (but i havent got my card yet so hard to take his word) but regarding your 350.99% comment, I am almost sure that is the case for almost all of us who are waiting. They have kept the file somewhere and nobody has touched it. I know from personal experience, I've given them every single document that 100% proves that I live here and have been living here for close to 3 years and working very well too! I know they just havent bothered to even open the file once its sent for secondary review. I even gave them entry-exit documents proactively to ensure they had no excuse but zilch.

If their answer to everything is that we spend 1000 plus on getting air tickets to get them to look at an application, its just really not good, to say the least.
And who said that the 1000+ tickets would do any good?!

The company I work for spent thousands on tickets for business trips, every time they hope that this would help that CIC wakes up and move on my application. No luck so far for me, application is stuck and I have provided all proofs that RO is met, even entry exit reports were brought from ALL countries I have visited!! but I concluded that the process encourage CIC to be lazy adding to this I assume they are not monitored, applications are randomly chosen, randomly processed, randomly sent to SR, randomly approved. this explains why no time line is given when asked for a time line. I have not encountered any process in my life that have no time line!!

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
teko said:
And who said that the 1000+ tickets would do any good?!

The company I work for spent thousands on tickets for business trips, every time they hope that this would help that CIC wakes up and move on my application. No luck so far for me, application is stuck and I have provided all proofs that RO is met, even entry exit reports were brought from ALL countries I have visited!! but I concluded that the process encourage CIC to be lazy adding to this I assume they are not monitored, applications are randomly chosen, randomly processed, randomly sent to SR, randomly approved. this explains why no time line is given when asked for a time line. I have not encountered any process in my life that have no time line!!
Have you tried obtaining a PR Travel Document while abroad? My strong hunch is this will have a positive impact (assuming, of course, that the merits of the case, as documented, support issuing the PR TD; but recognizing that if not, that if, for example, there is a discrepancy in reported travel between the PR card application and the PR TD application, or a gap in the proof for a period of time, that could actually lead to worse problems, up to denying the PR TD and loss of PR status).

It would be helpful to many in this situation if someone who has a PR card in limbo, without any action being taken on it, and who has strong proof of compliance with the PR Residency Obligation (as you indicate you do), did this: traveled abroad and applied for a PR TD, and then reported here how things went on the PR card application after returning to Canada.

And, after all, that is precisely what IRCC recommends PRs do in this situation.

Indeed, for all the complaining about being stuck in SR without any action being taken on the application, I have not seen reports by someone following through with doing what IRCC (and before that CIC) recommends: going ahead and traveling and obtaining a PR TD when abroad.

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
dpenabill said:
Have you tried obtaining a PR Travel Document while abroad? My strong hunch is this will have a positive impact (assuming, of course, that the merits of the case, as documented, support issuing the PR TD; but recognizing that if not, that if, for example, there is a discrepancy in reported travel between the PR card application and the PR TD application, or a gap in the proof for a period of time, that could actually lead to worse problems, up to denying the PR TD and loss of PR status).

It would be helpful to many in this situation if someone who has a PR card in limbo, without any action being taken on it, and who has strong proof of compliance with the PR Residency Obligation (as you indicate you do), did this: traveled abroad and applied for a PR TD, and then reported here how things went on the PR card application after returning to Canada.

And, after all, that is precisely what IRCC recommends PRs do in this situation.

Indeed, for all the complaining about being stuck in SR without any action being taken on the application, I have not seen reports by someone following through with doing what IRCC (and before that CIC) recommends: going ahead and traveling and obtaining a PR TD when abroad.
Does IRCC have any time frame for issuing of PR TD? I contacted visa application center in the country i want to visit. They told me it is 2 months. How one can follow advice given by IRCC to travel and then apply for PR TD from abroad? Not many people can afford to be away from home for two months. Further they risk losing their job. How can one experiment at the cost of losing one's livelihood?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Thommo said:
Does IRCC have any time frame for issuing of PR TD? I contacted visa application center in the country i want to visit. They told me it is 2 months. How one can follow advice given by IRCC to travel and then apply for PR TD from abroad? Not many people can afford to be away from home for two months. Further they risk losing their job. How can one experiment at the cost of losing one's livelihood?
There is indeed cause for some concern in this regard. Here too some homework relative to the particulars of an individual's situation is warranted in preparation.

There are some reports, for example, of PR TD applications being held in limbo.

My sense is that PRs highly confident of their facts and compliance with the PR RO, planning travel to Western Europe, Australia, the UK, Singapore perhaps, Japan, among a few other countries where applying for a PR TD should not encounter country-based problems, could expect a relatively prompt decision on a PR TD application. Probably a good idea to first make a formal request for urgent processing for the PR card, submitting the proper documentation to support an urgent application. If and when the urgent processing is denied, recent reports indicate this should be accompanied by the advice, from IRCC, to obtain a PR TD for the trip back to Canada. Also a good idea, probably, to follow-up with confirmation with a call centre representative, asking specifically about status of the PR's case, and seeing whether IRCC repeats the advice to travel and obtain a PR TD.

If IRCC gives the advice to obtain a PR TD for a trip back to Canada on a particular date, as identified in the application for urgent processing, that should set the table for a strong argument the PR can expect the visa office to timely decide the PR TD application relative to that date. Assuming, of course, the application is timely made per the trip as documented in the request for urgently processing the PR card application.

For a PR who could otherwise travel via the U.S., and thus would not be totally precluded from traveling back to Canada if the PR TD application dragged on for a long while, there is little risk. If someone in this position would make this effort, particularly if several would, many others could glean some idea whether this approach could trigger some action.

In any event, with the urgent processing denied and IRCC's recommendation to obtain a PR TD, and IRCC having been advised of the planned dates of travel, that would give weight to an application for a Writ of Mandamus if and when the PR abroad does not get a timely response to the PR TD application. Of course, such an individual really needs to be settled in Canada, his or her primary place of abode in Canada. But in this situation the PR whose PR TD application is not timely acted on is being overtly damaged by not being allowed to return to his or her home. This should constitute a compelling reason for Mandamus.

But sure, all that is work, there is some risk. Only some are in a position to approach the situation this way. An attorney might be necessary if it comes to actually pursuing Mandamus.

My sense, though, is that the PR who takes this approach, who has and submits strong proof of meeting the PR RO and who has been settled to live permanently in Canada at least a couple years, is likely to push IRCC to move things along by doing this.

But of course this is not for everyone. Definitely not for those who are not actually settled and living permanently in Canada. Not for those cutting compliance with the PR RO close. Not for those whose documentation supporting their declarations of time in Canada have gaps (like months without a rental agreement, months without regular employment in Canada, or such).

teko

Mar 18, 2016
dpenabill said:

True. This is the easiest robotic answer I always get from CIC. " You can travel and get a TD from the country you are travelling to". Ok my question is: Why I can't get a TD from here before I travel?. Simply to complicate things on PR holders.

NO one can guarantee TD be issued in a week or less. If I travel, I travel for business duties (and trust me I hate travelling) so this means a business trip is usually not more than 5 days! and Still CIC simply say apply for TD!! I can't afford staying doing nothing waiting for a bureaucratic paper to be issued, and I'm sure my Job wont afford it and even I might lose it!

I'll wrap this up by assuring there is no systematic way on how this process goes. I'm sure you will be surprised as I am now on how an individual I knew in his all five years was present for 6 month and got his PR renewed in 3 month! fair enough?

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
teko said:
True. This is the easiest robotic answer I always get from CIC. " You can travel and get a TD from the country you are travelling to". Ok my question is: Why I can't get a TD from here before I travel?. Simply to complicate things on PR holders.

NO one can guarantee TD be issued in a week or less. If I travel, I travel for business duties (and trust me I hate travelling) so this means a business trip is usually not more than 5 days! and Still CIC simply say apply for TD!! I can't afford staying doing nothing waiting for a bureaucratic paper to be issued, and I'm sure my Job wont afford it and even I might lose it!

Fully agree. IRCC gives generic replies rather than case specific ones to every query. Taking their advice at face value would be foolhardiness. I have observed their working for years and could never make any sense as why one case is dealt with promptly and another put in deep freeze, one guy is granted visit visa and another refused, etc. Replies given by IRCC seem to be out of any touch with the realities of the case.
It seems because of less than five percent fraudulent cases, at least 35% of all applicants are made to bear the consequences. Why can't IRCC issue shorter validity PR cards to secondary review cases rather than giving useless advice? Why can't IRCC give provisional PR to at least spousal sponsorship applicants rather than making some of them wait for more than 4 years!
New immigrants are facing the consequences of legacy left by previous government. It will take years and a lot of hard work for new government to clear the mess and make the whole system sensitive to the needs of new immigrants.

I'll wrap this up by assuring there is no systematic way on how this process goes. I'm sure you will be surprised as I am now on how an individual I knew in his all five years was present for 6 month and got his PR renewed in 3 month! fair enough?

ohk7

Oct 27, 2015
Pual Newman said:
I sent in my PR card renewal application in Mid-June 2014, and I have stayed in Canada for 2 years during the past 5 years. After waiting for over 5 months, I received an email from CIC today saying that the preliminary review was completed for my application and have transferred my file for a secondary review which will cause additional delay of the processing time. Does it mean that my application is now being transferred to local office? I heard that it will take over 10 more months of processing time if this is real and it really worried me. Would anyone please help? Thanks a lot...

ohk7

Oct 27, 2015
Pual Newman said:
I sent in my PR card renewal application in Mid-June 2014, and I have stayed in Canada for 2 years during the past 5 years. After waiting for over 5 months, I received an email from CIC today saying that the preliminary review was completed for my application and have transferred my file for a secondary review which will cause additional delay of the processing time. Does it mean that my application is now being transferred to local office? I heard that it will take over 10 more months of processing time if this is real and it really worried me. Would anyone please help? Thanks a lot...
Any latest development since thanks Paul Newman

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
teko said:

Good news! I received email from IRCC that my PR card has been mailed to me. Though eCAS still show 'In Process'. I hope to get it before my planned travel date of July 6. I was shattered by their earlier email that my case has been referred for secondary review. The request for urgent processing seems to have worked. I desperately wanted to visit my wife for a few days as I am currently on medical leave.
Best of luck to all of you!

teko

Mar 18, 2016
My good news update:

First. Online update on CIC website is late. It does not show the real process.

I just received my PR.
It took 11 months
Applied July 2015
Sent for SR end of July 2015
Additional documents requested sent August.

All the best for those waiting