+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

Odessa92

Apr 19, 2016
From my experience the documents you submit with your application play the significant role end of the day and in my opinion CIC are not there to punish PRs they need to make sure that the applicants is living in Canada and is continuing to live and not renewing his status every 5 years cycle or applied for renewal and left the country .
I submitted all originals i sent in my application : colored passport copies ,NOA , T4 , employment letter and contract,credit cards and debit card statements , rental leases and payments, Hydro bills , car insurance , CBSA report and excel sheets of all my trips .To the interview I added telephone bills , cable bills and medical history .Was very smooth.

Good luck everybody

elliesun

Sep 29, 2015
So Sad... I'm still waiting and checking the status every Tuesday. :'(

Here is my timeline:
We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 20, 2015.
We started processing your application on July 15, 2015.
We sent you correspondence on July 15, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
We sent you a letter on July 15, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

My wedding is on Oct.2nd 2016, 4 months later. I sent the urgent process request one month ago and got the confirmation that my requested has been processed. However, I waited for another month still no update. So I called CIC call center last week. The lady told me even they approved my urgent processing request but since it's under secondary review then can't grantee whether they will urgent process your application. I totally agree when you under secondary review you are no more human....

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
elliesun said:
My wedding is on Oct.2nd 2016, 4 months later. I sent the urgent process request one month ago and got the confirmation that my requested has been processed. However, I waited for another month still no update. So I called CIC call center last week. The lady told me even they approved my urgent processing request but since it's under secondary review then can't grantee whether they will urgent process your application. I totally agree when you under secondary review you are no more human....
I guess your wedding is abroad?
People might disagree with me, but if you met the RO when you submitted your application, meet the RO now, going to meet RO when you leave for the wedding and when you return, I would go to the wedding regardless of receiving the PR card or not at that time.
If you do not have the card when you go, make sure you take with you documentation that clearly proves that you met RO, and apply for PRTD when you are abroad.
Again, people might disagree with me, but I do not think there is any reason for law-abiding person, who met RO as per immigration rules, to change his/her lifestyle to accommodate someone's preferences, even if this "someone" is immigration official.
Rules are rules. If you meet them and can prove it - I would go ahead with the wedding.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
elliesun said:
So Sad... I'm still waiting and checking the status every Tuesday. :'(

Here is my timeline:
We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 20, 2015.
We started processing your application on July 15, 2015.
We sent you correspondence on July 15, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
We sent you a letter on July 15, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Yes pls see my previous post if secondary review means you lost all rights as human. Thanks to CIC dictatorship and incompetent staff finding accuse to delay the process for silly reasons.

elliesun

Sep 29, 2015
My wedding is in China and I met the RO. After I submitted my application I travelled to the states with my expired PR card several time already. But I can't take direct flight to Vancouver airport instead of fly to Bellingham and my friends picked me up at Bellingham airport and cross the boarder by car without any problem. The only thing they need is the expired PR card and passport. Seems like the officer worked at the Canada boarder already used to people like me hold expired PR card to entry Canada by car. So if I still not receive my new PR card until my wedding, I will use the same way. But I still wish I can get my PR card before that.

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
Hi Odessa92/ Everyone,

I have been following this particular thread for 12 months for now. Just a quick question. After 15 months, I have been advised to appear in CIC Office, in person (green letter) with several documents. Am I supposed to carry a xerox copy of those as well, to leave it with them ? [OR] If I carry the originals of those docs, that is more than enough and they will verify all of them & return back to me ? Please advise me as soon as possible. I don't want to take a photocopy of all those and waste tons of papers. Want to save the environment and my time (selfish) as well. Thank You so much.

Also, would the officer be very very very very strict and ask SEVERAL documents OR Is this just a formality ? What do you say ? What is your opinion after your appearance in person ? Please advise. I am very nervous, after waiting for 15 months. I should not miss this opportunity. so much worried.

And, as they have asked for the "Utility / Telephone bills/ Bank Statements/ Credit Card Statements", are we supposed to carry all the statements for the last 3 years ? OR Just the last 3 months and first 3 months statements/ bills are more than enough ? Please advise. Thank You once again.

bye !!

CanadianME

Star Member
May 31, 2015
Thanks for clarification buddy. Much respect.

Odessa92 said:
From my experience the documents you submit with your application play the significant role end of the day and in my opinion CIC are not there to punish PRs they need to make sure that the applicants is living in Canada and is continuing to live and not renewing his status every 5 years cycle or applied for renewal and left the country .
I submitted all originals i sent in my application : colored passport copies ,NOA , T4 , employment letter and contract,credit cards and debit card statements , rental leases and payments, Hydro bills , car insurance , CBSA report and excel sheets of all my trips .To the interview I added telephone bills , cable bills and medical history .Was very smooth.

Good luck everybody

Almost_Canadian

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
In my case five years ago, the officer checked the passport to match entry/exit dates to application. He then talked a bit with us generally - such as work I do, where we stay, what banks we use etc. Also asked to see some utility / medical /telephone bills. He didn't keep anything. He already had our PR cards with him.
Whole process of interview took around 10 minutes. Once he was satisfied, he activated the PR cards on his computer and gave them to us.
Keep in mind that there will be many others attending so actual process from start to finish might take about an hour and a half including waiting time. ( You must submit actual documents as requested by them in the green letter)

GeorgeJoseph said:
Hi Odessa92/ Everyone,

I have been following this particular thread for 12 months for now. Just a quick question. After 15 months, I have been advised to appear in CIC Office, in person (green letter) with several documents. Am I supposed to carry a xerox copy of those as well, to leave it with them ? [OR] If I carry the originals of those docs, that is more than enough and they will verify all of them & return back to me ? Please advise me as soon as possible. I don't want to take a photocopy of all those and waste tons of papers. Want to save the environment and my time (selfish) as well. Thank You so much.

Also, would the officer be very very very very strict and ask SEVERAL documents OR Is this just a formality ? What do you say ? What is your opinion after your appearance in person ? Please advise. I am very nervous, after waiting for 15 months. I should not miss this opportunity. so much worried.

bye !!

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
Thank You Sir. Just a final follow-up question please. As they have asked for the "Utility / Telephone bills/ Bank Statements/ Credit Card Statements", are we supposed to carry all the statements for the last 3 years ? OR Just the last 3 months and first 3 months statements/ bills are more than enough ? Please advise. Thank You once again.

Almost_Canadian said:
In my case five years ago, the officer checked the passport to match entry/exit dates to application. He then talked a bit with us generally - such as work I do, where we stay, what banks we use etc. Also asked to see some utility / medical /telephone bills. He didn't keep anything. He already had our PR cards with him.
Whole process of interview took around 10 minutes. Once he was satisfied, he activated the PR cards on his computer and gave them to us.
Keep in mind that there will be many others attending so actual process from start to finish might take about an hour and a half including waiting time. ( You must submit actual documents as requested by them in the green letter)

Odessa92

Apr 19, 2016
GeorgeJoseph said:
Thank You Sir. Just a final follow-up question please. As they have asked for the "Utility / Telephone bills/ Bank Statements/ Credit Card Statements", are we supposed to carry all the statements for the last 3 years ? OR Just the last 3 months and first 3 months statements/ bills are more than enough ? Please advise. Thank You once again.
George take originals , and take everything you have for the past five years not only last 3 months . Maybe you do not need to sow everything .Once the officer is satisfied with your proof he will give you the card.

Tri-Cities

Aug 10, 2015
Yes pls see my previous post if secondary review means you lost all rights as human. Thanks to CIC dictatorship and incompetent staff finding accuse to delay the process for silly reasons.

Wow!

I honestly understand that a second review isn't fun for you. But at the same time I believe there is a reason for that second review! It doesn't matter if you feel like it's silly or if you just don't like it.

This is Canada and like any other country they got rules - AND Canada is, at least in my opinion, pretty relaxed when it comes to immigrants (meaning - I don't wanna know how many immigrants are NOT reported by CBSA even though they are in breach of the RO's).

Saying that you've lost all your human rights sounds like a huge joke to me. There is a reason for this review, as mentioned it doesn't matter how you feel about it. Deal with the facts.

CIC dictatorship? Seriously?

Don't like it, leave.

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Is there any manual or op bulletin on how to deal with secondary reviews .what are the documents that as a cic would see if a person is living here in canada or not? CBSA records ,health records ,or credit card records I'm sure most of us gave those details even before cic asked them .To verify those documents it wouldnt take indefinite time or years as was happening in most cases

Yes as any other country canada can also have rules but with out transparency there is no difference between a developed, civilized and democratic country and undeveloped or poor nations.

cic on its part due to its lazy system and employees made some of our lives miserable in going out of country for various reasons. They were sending most of the applications to secondary review so they can sleep on applications indefinitely.Here every one of us came as a pr and there by future citizens no one can say others to leave .All of us have equal rights

Tri-Cities

Aug 10, 2015
Read my words the way they were meant, please!

I do not tell anyone to leave! I said if you don't like it leave. Are you getting the difference? It means, you can stay and wait, or you can just leave and won't have to deal with bad, lazy CIC / dictatorship / Canada.

It doesn't matter where you live, if it's your own or a foreign country. There are rules. That means you have to deal with that. If you chose to live abroad you have to deal with those rules. Nobody is waiting for you (or me). Canada will still exist w/o you (& me).

Maybe you write CIC telling them what a lazy sytem they have and how lazy the employees are, how miserable they made your life.... My guess would be you wouldn't do that because it's easy to write stuff like that on a forum...

Oh dear.

What do you know about their job? Did you work for CIC?

I come from a country where bureaucracy is crazy. I felt like they would never get on top of things. And they didn't. They still don't. Guess what, still they (Government) cut jobs and the officers have to handle more work load with less people.
CIC cut jobs too....

There is a lot worse in this world than waiting.

And again, how come there are so many second reviews? Please explain? CIC's fault I guess?

Tri-Cities

Aug 10, 2015
Of course I wish everyone to get through this as soon as possible!

Sometimes you just can't change things! It won't help to get angry and upset!

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
If there is no transparency why shouldn't we blame as each and every country on earth.If someone is doing bad deeds those will be counted as bad and good deeds are counted as good same applies to cic .If you have a survey of those in secondary review applicants with their GCMS notes you could see for most of them their files stayed with out any one touching them for atleast six months.

What was happening in these six months Is cic not sleeping? Those kind of excuses suits for a undeveloped country not for developed country like canada.