+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

abdulsamadd

Aug 31, 2015
Wanted to go and meet family over the Christmas break. Judging by the way it is going, should I apply for urgent processing? A close family relative passed away, and this matter of going home to see the family has become even more urgent. Willing to provide all the proofs, and etc.. if needed to CIC.

Would appreciate any opinions.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
abdulsamadd said:
Wanted to go and meet family over the Christmas break. Judging by the way it is going, should I apply for urgent processing? A close family relative passed away, and this matter of going home to see the family has become even more urgent. Willing to provide all the proofs, and etc.. if needed to CIC.

Would appreciate any opinions.

Hi abdulsamadd

If you hv landing Papers and US visa just fly from US and return Canada with landing papers, so many people travelled same way....no choice

All the best

Qing Yang

Sep 10, 2015
:'(My pr card expired Feb,8,2014, I applied Aug 8,2014, I got letter from CIC ,ca on Jan15, 2015, prove residency, I sent everything what they asked, passport with color, tax applied report. My husband I'd Canadian citizenship on Earlier Feb, 2015. Up till now I still can not get it. The bad thing you do not how long you are going to get it. Today I called cic , they told me you have no processing time and you have to wait. We are going to drive to Mesa ,Arizona,USA. Next month. Without my PR card , although I have a 10 years USA Visa. I will get big trouble crossing USA border(driving card not fly). Maybe they let me in maybe they reject me. My husband and i are very sad and disappointed. I cried and pray everyday to get PR card. This is my second time to renew my PR card. I do not know how to do it. Hire a immigration lawyer?
Thank you for your advise :'(

goldjay

Sep 6, 2013
Qing Yang said:
:'(My pr card expired Feb,8,2014, I applied Aug 8,2014, I got letter from CIC ,ca on Jan15, 2015, prove residency, I sent everything what they asked, passport with color, tax applied report. My husband I'd Canadian citizenship on Earlier Feb, 2015. Up till now I still can not get it. The bad thing you do not how long you are going to get it. Today I called cic , they told me you have no processing time and you have to wait. We are going to drive to Mesa ,Arizona,USA. Next month. Without my PR card , although I have a 10 years USA Visa. I will get big trouble crossing USA border(driving card not fly). Maybe they let me in maybe they reject me. My husband and i are very sad and disappointed. I cried and pray everyday to get PR card. This is my second time to renew my PR card. I do not know how to do it. Hire a immigration lawyer?
Thank you for your advise :'(
Go with your husband since he has citizenship. Don't worry about your pr card.

Helen14

Sep 14, 2014
Can Sep 2014 applicants with Sec.Review since Jan 2015 share their current experience?

I called to CIC, the agent said that decision was made in the middle of August 2015 and renewed PR cards will be mailed to my Canadian address to receive it in the early September days. Nothing come, today is Sep 11.
I called to CIC again yesterday, the agent said the PR cards is not yet issued by the bank (no records), CIC does not know why(!)

Who has similar situation? What is going on? Peak summer-autumn period or something else?
Has any of Sep 2014 applicants received recently renewed PR cards except AnnK who was more happy?

M.R.S

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
Once approved after secondary review the PR Card will be sent through mail or we have to go and collect in person ?

Canvan003

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Helen14 said:
Can Sep 2014 applicants with Sec.Review since Jan 2015 share their current experience?

I called to CIC, the agent said that decision was made in the middle of August 2015 and renewed PR cards will be mailed to my Canadian address to receive it in the early September days. Nothing come, today is Sep 11.
I called to CIC again yesterday, the agent said the PR cards is not yet issued by the bank (no records), CIC does not know why(!)

Who has similar situation? What is going on? Peak summer-autumn period or something else?
Has any of Sep 2014 applicants received recently renewed PR cards except AnnK who was more happy?

I believe, you don't need to worry about this as your card was approved and now they are deciding whether to mail it to you or call you in person to pickup your card. In both cases, you don't need to worry as its a routine process of CIC.

Be patient and wait for two or three weeks more.

P.S: Your inbox is full.

abdulsamadd

Aug 31, 2015
So what I'm judging from Helen's post is whoever got there secondary letter send to in January, has been approved in August. I wonder how long for the ones who got it in March.

Canvan003

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
abdulsamadd said:
So you can enter Canada from US with an expired PR card, and landing papers?????

Yes, but only while crossing the border by land in private vehicle (Rented car or your own vehicle).

I landed in US (as I have visit visa of US) and crossed the border in private vehicle with an expired PR card (which expired last year) by showing them my Expired PR card and COPR. Officer asked me 2 questions:

1) Have you applied ror renewal of PR card?
Yes, I replied.
2) How long did you stayed in your home country?
30 days.

That's it. No more questions. Whole process of entering Canada was of 30 to 45 seconds.

*Most Important thing is that I was maintaining my Residency Requirement all the time*

toronto_man

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
does anyone have any experience in crossing US border with private car after being issued a RQ or residence determination as a result of PR renewal application?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toronto_man said:
does anyone have any experience in crossing US border with private car after being issued a RQ or residence determination as a result of PR renewal application?
Yes. I had no problems. BUT I clearly met RO.

toronto_man

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Lamma witch,

did u cross the border while your RQ and residence determination being assessed or after it was settled? Was it a RQ or pr card renewal or citizenship?

what did they ask at the border?

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Helen14 said:

I have a similar timeline (submitted Sept 2014, Secondary Review email Jan 2015) and my case is still in process (no decision) and when I called this past week they gave me no further information.

You should be glad that the decision was made on your case! For the rest of us we can still wait several more months before knowing what's going on. If I were you I wouldn't worry too much.

Good luck.