+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

Raju1957

Aug 20, 2015
Dear Kutty Kutty,
We are in a similar situation like you. We are in dire need of some insights. We applied for PR Card renewal in November 2014. Our case was referred to secondary review. We now have to travel to India next week. Color copies of passport were requested in February. We heeded to the request with a requisition for urgent processing along with our travel tickets. But till date there is no progress. Answer to all calls say "wait wait wait". One important things, we didn't complete Residency Obligation during the first 5 years of our stay in Canada, however we have completed almost 3 years in the next 5 years, fulfilling the RO requirements.
Now we (me and my wife) have to travel to India on August 29th 2015, along with our son and daughter in law for some very very important reason. In this case can we get PR Travel Document from India when the PR Card renewal is still under process? Is it safe? We are really scared to take the step, but still we need to take it up. Saw your postings and looks like you also were in similar situation and got PR TD without much struggles. Please help. Really don't know what to do as travel date is approaching. We can neither cancel the ticket nor proceed boldly. Kindly share your experience and steps to be taken for getting PRTD. My email: ssubharaman@gmail.com.

Raju1957

Aug 20, 2015
If any one who is in similar situation can help. Please help. Very urgent and very important. We are in desperate situation. :(

harmanlit

Apr 15, 2015
hello AJk_9

dear friend . can you hsare your time line . i saw ur post u atatched all document with application. what is response.

thanks
harman

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raju1957 said:
Dear Kutty Kutty,
We are in a similar situation like you. We are in dire need of some insights. We applied for PR Card renewal in November 2014. Our case was referred to secondary review. We now have to travel to India next week. Color copies of passport were requested in February. We heeded to the request with a requisition for urgent processing along with our travel tickets. But till date there is no progress. Answer to all calls say "wait wait wait". One important things, we didn't complete Residency Obligation during the first 5 years of our stay in Canada, however we have completed almost 3 years in the next 5 years, fulfilling the RO requirements.
Now we (me and my wife) have to travel to India on August 29th 2015, along with our son and daughter in law for some very very important reason. In this case can we get PR Travel Document from India when the PR Card renewal is still under process? Is it safe? We are really scared to take the step, but still we need to take it up. Saw your postings and looks like you also were in similar situation and got PR TD without much struggles. Please help. Really don't know what to do as travel date is approaching. We can neither cancel the ticket nor proceed boldly. Kindly share your experience and steps to be taken for getting PRTD. My email: ssubharaman @ gmail.com.
Do you complete the RO counting back from the date you applied for renewal of your PR cards while within Canada?

If yes, stop worrying about getting a PRTD. Take all relevant paperwork with you; & return tickets CA -> India -> CA; apply.

Raju1957

Aug 20, 2015
@Lammawitch.

Yes, we completed RO much ahead of applying for PR Card renewal. So you say it shouldn't be a problem to get PRTD though PR Card renewal our application is still in "process". Really undergoing mental torture everyday with what CIC is doing.

@Harmanlit
We applied for PR Card renewal in November 2014. Color copies of passport were requested in March 2015. We sent it along with our air tickets for urgent processing. From then on till now, "in process". If we call CIC the reply they give is "you will get it, wait" or "you will get it, but not sure if you will get it before your travel date"

I think the only mistake we made was, applying for urgent processing out of anxiety that card may not be renewed. Fate. Now suffering. One week to go and nothing in hand yet. Scared to go and apply for PRTD. If that is denied then what to do? Or delayed indefinitely, then also it will become a problem. Lammawitch's reply gives some confidence though. Put everything in god's hands and mostly we would be proceeding as planned.

Anyone in similar situation can share you views, for it will be helpful to us. Thanks.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raju1957 said:
@ Lammawitch.

Yes, we completed RO much ahead of applying for PR Card renewal. So you say it shouldn't be a problem to get PRTD though PR Card renewal our application is still in "process". Really undergoing mental torture everyday with what CIC is doing.
I totally agree that it is frustrating, worrying, tortuous.

As you meet RO & applied for PR card renewal in Canada, & will be doing a return trip from Canada, to India, back to Canada, you should have no problem with PRTD.

Apply for PRTD as soon as you get to India (unless you are going there for an extended visit). Include the proof you have a pr application in process.

Good luck!

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
annK said:
Send PR renewal in Sept 2014
Secondary Review in Jan 2015
called cic yest ,they said they have mailed my PR card and i will receive that in two weeks ,
Finally !!! ;D ;D
Great news! Congrats

I have the exact same timeline-hopefully they get to my case soon.

Wish me luck....

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Helen14 said:
Good news for September 2014 applicants - the process is going!

I called to CIC today on August 20, 2015.
The agent said that our family application has just finalized,
renewed PR cards will be sent by mail to home address in the first week of Sep 2015.

App received by CIC: Sep 9, 2014
Started processing and Sec.Review: Jan 21, 2015.
Decision on PR cards renewal made: near Aug 20, 2015.

No additional docs were required from CIC.
We sent docs with app to prove residence obligations:
- the colored passport copies with all enter/exit stamps translated;
- all rental agreements;
- educational documents (for adults - college transcripts and attendance letters - periods, for child - school report cards);
- we did NOT send Notice of Assessments but attached all work pay stabs (each month).

We did not leave Canada after app was sent for PR card renewal.
We did not apply for urgent processing.
I called to the CIC only twice: in Feb 2015 and Aug 2015.

So as already was written in this forum - ONE year is required for PR cards renewal with SR.

Good luck to all!
Congrats Helen14!

Happy to hear that the process is moving forward.

I have nearly the exact dates, hopefully somebody from CIC remembers to look at my file and finalizes things..

Good luck to all of us still waiting....

MIRACLES

Jan 25, 2014
Hi The Canada Immigration Forum Team,

I am trying to login to Canada Immigration Forum and I am having the below message,

I logged into Canada Immigration Forum and tried to post a new topic and it came with the below error message;

Canada Immigration Forum
> Settlement Topics > Permanent Residency Obligations > Start new topic

Start new topic
The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Sorry, you are not allowed to post links.

I have previously posted new topic in the forum and it went through. I don't know why this time around it does not permit me.

Please advise,

Miracles

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MIRACLES said:
Hi The Canada Immigration Forum Team,

I am trying to login to Canada Immigration Forum and I am having the below message,

I logged into Canada Immigration Forum and tried to post a new topic and it came with the below error message;

Canada Immigration Forum
> Settlement Topics > Permanent Residency Obligations > Start new topic

Start new topic
The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Sorry, you are not allowed to post links.

I have previously posted new topic in the forum and it went through. I don't know why this time around it does not permit me.

Please advise,

Miracles
You probably haven't posted enough to include links - there's a minimum # of posts restriction.

See "help" topic.

MIRACLES

Jan 25, 2014
To renew our (parents and children) PRC
1) When will it be the perfect time to renew our PRC. Is it after we have met the residency obligations of staying 730 days in Canada within the last 5 years period?
2) Do we need to add buffer to the 730 days stay in Canada? if yes what number of days is appropriate as buffer?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MIRACLES said:
To renew our (parents and children) PRC
1) When will it be the perfect time to renew our PRC. Is it after we have met the residency obligations of staying 730 days in Canada within the last 5 years period?
Yes. Applying to renew without meeting RO is just asking for trouble.

2) Do we need to add buffer to the 730 days stay in Canada? if yes what number of days is appropriate as buffer?
A "buffer" is always a good idea