+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
harmanlit said:
hello AJk_9

dear friend . can you hsare your time line . i saw ur post u atatched all document with application. what is response.

thanks
harman
Hi harmanlit

Application Sent : March 2015

Email Recd : April 2015 got Color copies of PP / Entry Exit Record / All related docs

Submitted just now with all the docs because waiting for Entry/Exit record and CBSA response

Raju1957

Aug 20, 2015
Congrats AnnK!!! That's really a great news!!! By the way, did you apply in October 2014? We applied in November 2014. Hopefully, they should take our's in the next slot. Did you receive it by mail/courier or were you called for Interview?

Hope we will be able to get PRTD while we are away next month. Have to leave this weekend, still stressed and confused as what to do. Whether to leave or not.

annK

Aug 19, 2015
Raju1957 said:
Congrats AnnK!!! That's really a great news!!! By the way, did you apply in October 2014? We applied in November 2014. Hopefully, they should take our's in the next slot. Did you receive it by mail/courier or were you called for Interview?

Hope we will be able to get PRTD while we are away next month. Have to leave this weekend, still stressed and confused as what to do. Whether to leave or not.

I applied sept 2014 and got secondary review notice in Jan 2015 , about sending photo colored copies of passport and today received my PR card.

Canvan003

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
annK said:
i received my PR card today after 11 months of renewal process with SR .

Thank you god !
Congratulations..

My timeline is exactly the same as yours. Still waiting. I am hopeful that I will get my card soon.

Johnnycj

Aug 27, 2015
annK said:
i received my PR card today after 11 months of renewal process with SR .

Thank you god !
That's great! Congratz Annk~~

Similar to yours, I submitted in mid-October, got letter saying secondary review in Feb 5, 2015...
and no a word until today, Over 10 months now.... :eek:
so sick to see "In-process"

I got my PR in October 2009, traveled and worked overseas till came back in July 2013 and stayed till now... by the date of submission (Oct 18 2014, I stayed over 790 days if I recall right.

However, I noticed on some early travels around 2010, they(The Canadian custom) did not put stamps on my passport when leaving and entering Canada, only foreign countries have my record of entering and leaving, I don't know if this is why it takes so long...I guess they will ask me for any flight tickets to prove those travels back in 2010... I do not even recall which airline I took =.=. nor be able to find any boarding passes or payment history...

They haven't ask me for anything yet... Do you think I should apply for an urgent request???

Thanks guys!!! Wish we are all lucky and receive PR Card sooner and travel on! :)

M.R.S

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
Did u got any letter from local CIC office saying that your case is approved and being sent to CPC for PR Card Process ? if yes when was that and When did you sent the copies ?

Thanks

annK said:
I applied sept 2014 and got secondary review notice in Jan 2015 , about sending photo colored copies of passport and today received my PR card.

annK

Aug 19, 2015
M.R.S said:
Did u got any letter from local CIC office saying that your case is approved and being sent to CPC for PR Card Process ? if yes when was that and When did you sent the copies ?

Thanks
NO i didn't got any letter from CIC office ,i just made a call them and they said my case is approved and i will get PR in two weeks. and received it.
i send the copies of passport in JAN 2015.

annK

Aug 19, 2015
Thank you everyone .
i pray that everyone get their PR card soon . I know its hard to wait for so long without any reason .
Good luck to everyone .

ken2015

May 28, 2015
Hi All,
My case in secondary review since Jan 2015 & as of now no update except the email sent in January 2015 for additional delays. They didn't ask any additional documents either. I have not contacted them by phone since I am outside Canada. Should I call from outside Canada to check my status with them or wait till they contact me, please advise.

hanKK

Sep 4, 2015
Hello Guys,

I applied to renew my PR card in Jan, 2015. My application was received by them on Jan 27. I received a letter which according to the online system was sent on March 23 stating that my application was sent for secondary review. It's been 7 months since I applied and that is the only letter I've received since I applied. Anyone here who applied in Jan this year that has a similar case? Any idea how longer it would take?

I would appreciate your input.

mom2chthjael

Mar 21, 2015
I have almost the same dates as you, they received my application January 29th, they started working on it March 23rd and since then no news , not even a letter about secondary review, absolutely nothing and I have no idea what to think about all of this or how much longer it will be.

hbsk786

Apr 28, 2014
Hi guys,
I called CIC call cent today they told me my PR card ready and sent for security features, what is the security features is any got similar answer, please share your experience

Time line September submission second review Jan no urgent process
Thanks
Regards

abdulsamadd

Aug 31, 2015
Hi all,

Have been reading this forum for the last 2 weeks to get some idea as to what is happening with my pr card, and looks like everyone is on the same boat. I just wanted a second opinion and have come here.

CIC received my application on December 17, 2014
CIC send me a letter in March 2015 saying there will be an additional delay and to send them my Passport pages, including blank ones.
Calling them consistently, and being told that my complete package was received on April 9.

I have completed 875 and applied 2 months before my PR card was expiring.

Any opinions??? How long it might take??? Anything I should be concerned about???

goldjay

Sep 6, 2013
abdulsamadd said:
Hi all,

Have been reading this forum for the last 2 weeks to get some idea as to what is happening with my pr card, and looks like everyone is on the same boat. I just wanted a second opinion and have come here.

CIC received my application on December 17, 2014
CIC send me a letter in March 2015 saying there will be an additional delay and to send them my Passport pages, including blank ones.
Calling them consistently, and being told that my complete package was received on April 9.

I have completed 875 and applied 2 months before my PR card was expiring.

Any opinions??? How long it might take??? Anything I should be concerned about???

~ 1 year