+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

KITJ

Mar 19, 2016
Hi guys ! I'm also in the same path as you guys,applied for pr card renewal on august 2015 file got secondary reveiw on January 2016 and nothing happend since then,I'm really desperate right now because I'm not even eligible to sponsor my husband because of this issue and visa office in Ankara put my sponsorship file on hold because of this secondary reveiw on my pr card application,I don't know what to do i havn't seen my husband in 3 years and and all the lawyers told us he can't apply for visitor visa cuz for sure he's not getting the approval cus his wife is in canada and officers are sure he's not going back to his country, I went to my Mp'soffice but that wasn't much of help ,for those who got their prcard back through their Mp how long it took to hear positive news from them?
I also wanna apply for ATIP notes but I'm little confuse between these options: case files OR corporate records
I would be so appreciated if someone could tell me which one should i choose?
Regards

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
KITJ said:
Hi guys ! I'm also in the same path as you guys,applied for pr card renewal on august 2015 file got secondary reveiw on January 2016 and nothing happend since then,I'm really desperate right now because I'm not even eligible to sponsor my husband because of this issue and visa office in Ankara put my sponsorship file on hold because of this secondary reveiw on my pr card application,I don't know what to do i havn't seen my husband in 3 years and and all the lawyers told us he can't apply for visitor visa cuz for sure he's not getting the approval cus his wife is in canada and officers are sure he's not going back to his country, I went to my Mp'soffice but that wasn't much of help ,for those who got their prcard back through their Mp how long it took to hear positive news from them?
I also wanna apply for ATIP notes but I'm little confuse between these options: case files OR corporate records
Regards
Email the Minister and PM. Call their offices. Don't talk your case, talk why so many applications thrown into secondary review and "Why they are then not reviewed for more than a year. If you want to review, then review. Don't forget them in a dark room"

I have said that on call to minister, MP and email to PM and I do that on WEEKLY basis. Bother them, raise voice. Secondary review is okay as long as it is reviewed in an additional month or so. Why throw those applications is dark room.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
quasar81 said:
Email the Minister and PM. Call their offices. Don't talk your case, talk why so many applications thrown into secondary review and "Why they are then not reviewed for more than a year. If you want to review, then review. Don't forget them in a dark room"

I have said that on call to minister, MP and email to PM and I do that on WEEKLY basis. Bother them, raise voice. Secondary review is okay as long as it is reviewed in an additional month or so. Why throw those applications is dark room.
This is the result of CIC- RQ and SR

http://a.msn.com/01/en-ca/AAjDxVI?ocid=se

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
KITJ said:
Regards
Why would your sponsorship case be on hold for secondary review ? Because you continue to be a permanent resident. You may need to file a mandamus to get your card processed. It might be your fastest option. I dont think anyone who went through their MPs office got any help because the reply is that the person continues to be a Permanent resident and doesnt need the card except for traveling. Also, it seems like most folks who applied in 2014 and 2015 who are stuck in long secondary reviews. There seem to be fewer secondary reviews in 2016. You can probably also try to send them an urgent case processing request mentioning that the overseas office is asking about your case. If all else fails, a Mandamus court case should get your card processed. Definitely order your case notes though I doubt there is anything in there except that they havent touched your file. You can also ask your MPs office to contact and state its an urgent spousal sponsorship issue and see if they can reach out to the Minister's office. It might help. A Mandamus will cost money but a good lawyer can almost certainly at least get the dept to move on your case.

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
Sent the below to PM Trudeau/Min John McCallum and a group of 10 liberal MPs

Hon. PM/Minister/MP,

When Liberal party was elected, or even before elections, promises of reducing processing times for Citizenship/PR card renewal applications were all around. Looks like IRCC department have found a way to reduce processing times by throwing bunch of applications into "Secondary reviews" and just not process them for years.

Frustration is rising among Liberal supporters due to these IRCC tricks. "Secondary Reviews" have gone worse than what was going on under Conservatives.
LOT of Citizenship applications going into "CIT-0171/CIT-0520 reviews" and forgotten for years
IRCC Bureaucrats are making their own rules on top of Citizenship laws to delay applications. Applications sit around for nothing or minor reasons without timely reviews.
ATIP records show applications are barely touched in these times and are just forgotten
What magical information is IRCC waiting for to process these "Secondary Review" applications? Who has to provide this information? Not the applicant, as applicant are barely in know how about which IRCC corner their application is lost in. Applicants call CIC and call centre folks just don't know what is going on in the review, for years!!
Look here how frustrated people are
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cit0171-rq-2016-timeline-residency-questionnaire-t434023.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cit-0520-after-citizenship-test-t263719.0.html
LOT of PR Card renewal applications going into "Secondary Reviews" and forgotten for years
ATIP records show applications are not touched for almost an year.
What magical information is IRCC waiting for to process these "Secondary Review" applications? Who has to provide this information? Not the applicant, as the applicant are barely in know how about which IRCC corner their application is lost in. Applicants call CIC and call centre folks just don't know what is going on in the review, for years!!
What kind of reviews are these which just don't happen?
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/email-from-cic-that-pr-card-renewal-needs-secondary-review-t251571.1005.html
Problem is if you want to thrown applications into Secondary Reviews, please just Review them. Don't just forget them in a dark room where applications sit for YEARS !!! Ignoring a bunch of applications, and just not working on them is not a good way to reduce processing times for others.

Thank you for your precious time!! Applicants are waiting for years for decisions on their applications while their personal lives goes into Limbo. Their frustration should be very understanadble.

With regards,

KITJ

Mar 19, 2016
That's what all the lawyers told me before i apply for sponsorship " as long as your done your residency obligtaions you are good to sponsor someone " but clearly visa office in Ankara thinks while someone application is under secondary review it means the PR status ia questionable and there is a chance that SR team won't approve the person as PR, I sent all the proof which shows my residency obligations to Ankara but again they replied the same! " we will proceed when pr card issuse is solved" that's redicolous by secondary review we lost every single right as a permanent resident!

Nov 1, 2016
Hi
Every One I submitted application for PR renew July 2016 process start August 2016 Received Delay due to Secondary review by September 2016. I nowadays have very serious urgent issue in y home but may PR is already Expire and My file under Secondary review and I confuse and doubt about applying for Urgent processing and y file is already under Secondary review any one please can advice me it is helping if I apply for Urgent process or this may cause more delay for my file under the secondary review ?!

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
KITJ said:
That's what all the lawyers told me before i apply for sponsorship " as long as your done your residency obligtaions you are good to sponsor someone " but clearly visa office in Ankara thinks while someone application is under secondary review it means the PR status ia questionable and there is a chance that SR team won't approve the person as PR, I sent all the proof which shows my residency obligations to Ankara but again they replied the same! " we will proceed when pr card issuse is solved" that's redicolous by secondary review we lost every single right as a permanent resident!
If you have the money and its urgent, I would suggest filing a Mandamus. The lawyer will send a notice to the department and most likely they will not respond but then, the next would be filing a case in court and then, the DOJ will get involved and would need to respond to your filing and will most likely respond to your case. Please note that its best to at least wait a year on your renewal before filing. The only thing is that it would cost you more money. But its an option if its urgent. You may need to get a good lawyer but am almost certain it will work for you.

sami.mian

Mar 20, 2010
I got an email today saying that i can pick my PR card from Local CIC office. Here are my time lines.

1) Application for PR renewal Recvd on May 15th 2015
2) Application processed on Sept 22nd 2015 and sent for secondary review
3) It was all quite since then with no request for additional documents
4) Email to pick up PR card on Nov 2nd

I am glad this day has come but it has been a frustrating experience to say the least. I wonder what will happen when i apply for citizenship :eek:

Ramik

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Congrats sami.mian :)

I think with the pattern that I have been seeing from this thread, it looks like the processing time for most secondary review cases is about 18 months from the time they receive the application. So if I have applied in Nov 2015 then I should receive my card by April 2017...any thoughts?

sami.mian

Mar 20, 2010
Yes that does seem right as of now, hopefully they will pick up the pace.

Not sure if it helped but I did try to have my PR application expedited by submitting an IRCC request form 3 weeks ago, but i got a generic message back saying your application is "in process" which is the same message i see when i view my application status online.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
KITJ said:
Regards
Wait still they touch May 2015 files today time line with secondary review is 18+ months.

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
heeradeepak said:
Wait still they touch May 2015 files today time line with secondary review is 18+ months.
No. Dont play a guessing game. Some people who applied for renewal in feb 2015 are stuck as well. So, the ratio is going to be close to 2 years more like so. Dont rely on "18 months".

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
rbrar14 said:
No. Dont play a guessing game. Some people who applied for renewal in feb 2015 are stuck as well. So, the ratio is going to be close to 2 years more like so. Dont rely on "18 months".
June 2015 when i applied for renewal time line was 150 days and secondary review was between 8-12 months but after that waiting periods for secondary review applications daily going up and reaches 18-24 months.

CIC doesn't have any agenda for secondary review cases some months they didn't touch any file another month they will clear few but never focus regularly on secondary review applications.