Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
I think CBSA could be a contributor to this delay. It's 45 days since I requested a travel history report and still no sign of receiving it. If these guys who are expected to give the details to CIC takes so much time it's natural that there will be delays. Just a contributor not the sole reason though.

BcBB

Jul 30, 2016
I have continued to pursue all options in trying to get mine and my two young kids PR cards renewed.
So here is my quick timeline: Applied for renewal in April 2015 having completed above the required days in country, received secondary review notification in July 2015.
Engaged a lawyer to obtain notes in Nov 2015, received notes in Jan 2016. Nobody had touched my file since July 2015! Big circles around UAE (I lived there as my husband had a job working for a large multinational).
Helpline cannot help me as I am under SR, online enquiries function generated a generic response saying there was no max timeframe if you are under SR. I wrote to The Immigration minister and received a generic response about not being able to reply to case specific enquiries. I emailed the Canadian embassy in London to see if I could get a PRTD issued before I leave Canada to visit my family, I cannot. (It's a massive risk leaving without a valid PR and I need a visa to return as a UK citizen but cannot apply for a visa as I am a PR - catch 22 situation!) Lets face it, do any of us want to find ourselves in the same dilemma that poor Russian woman found herself in in Sept. (stranded for 2 months in Moscow)
I have now contacted my MP 3 times and although the case worker understands my problem, there is nothing they can do as SR's have no maximum timeframe and therefore they are powerless to do anything.
I travelled through the US border last week (we can all leave Canada through to the US in our own cars and return) to see if that might help my cause. Unfortunately all the Immigration officer asked was why had I let my card expire and what did I think the issue was. He said he couldn't gain access to my file and I needed to speak to my MP.
I have never been able to access my application online on the CIC website. It has always shown 'error', so I have never been able to even see if my application is in process.
My next step is going to have to be the Mandamus writ, but quite frankly I feel so beaten down and disheartened by my experience over the last 19 months that I am not sure I want to scrape together the $5000 plus that will be needed to start the action. I am also angry as to why I need to keep spending money when I have completed the required days in country, I haven't broken the law and I pay taxes. If there is a problem why haven't they even had the decency to advise me what the problem is. Is this really an acceptable way to treat new immigrants?

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
That is so sad. I am sorry about situation, but looks like CIC/IRCC is one big joke.

Where are you right now? USA? You said you tried US border and they let you back forth into Canada.

I thought you mentioned you were stuck in Russia.

If you can go back forth from USA, maybe you can book a flight from US and come back to US and then drive back into Canada.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
BcBB said:
I have continued to pursue all options in trying to get mine and my two young kids PR cards renewed.
So here is my quick timeline: Applied for renewal in April 2015 having completed above the required days in country, received secondary review notification in July 2015.
Engaged a lawyer to obtain notes in Nov 2015, received notes in Jan 2016. Nobody had touched my file since July 2015! Big circles around UAE (I lived there as my husband had a job working for a large multinational).
Helpline cannot help me as I am under SR, online enquiries function generated a generic response saying there was no max timeframe if you are under SR. I wrote to The Immigration minister and received a generic response about not being able to reply to case specific enquiries. I emailed the Canadian embassy in London to see if I could get a PRTD issued before I leave Canada to visit my family, I cannot. (It's a massive risk leaving without a valid PR and I need a visa to return as a UK citizen but cannot apply for a visa as I am a PR - catch 22 situation!) Lets face it, do any of us want to find ourselves in the same dilemma that poor Russian woman found herself in in Sept. (stranded for 2 months in Moscow)
I have now contacted my MP 3 times and although the case worker understands my problem, there is nothing they can do as SR's have no maximum timeframe and therefore they are powerless to do anything.
I travelled through the US border last week (we can all leave Canada through to the US in our own cars and return) to see if that might help my cause. Unfortunately all the Immigration officer asked was why had I let my card expire and what did I think the issue was. He said he couldn't gain access to my file and I needed to speak to my MP.
I have never been able to access my application online on the CIC website. It has always shown 'error', so I have never been able to even see if my application is in process.
My next step is going to have to be the Mandamus writ, but quite frankly I feel so beaten down and disheartened by my experience over the last 19 months that I am not sure I want to scrape together the $5000 plus that will be needed to start the action. I am also angry as to why I need to keep spending money when I have completed the required days in country, I haven't broken the law and I pay taxes. If there is a problem why haven't they even had the decency to advise me what the problem is. Is this really an acceptable way to treat new immigrants?
CIC can bring thousand refugees in months from middle east without any documents or with very few documents but if u have a a work visa valid or expired from middle east they consider u as target and you are in big trouble. We are so many CIC punished us for middle eastern work visa.

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
That applies to spouses of Middle eastren workvisa also. I think main purpose of PR renewal is going some where else. One of my friend spouse also got SR.

neoseal

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
Here's my timeline for PR card renewal.

Application Date - August 29, 2016
Confirmation email - Sept 20, 2016
Secondary Review intimation - October 30, 2016

Wait and watch game starts.........

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Hi All

Just to let you know that I have now picked up my renewed PR card, on November 1st.
Timeline:
Applied mid-April 2015.
SR email mid-June 2015.
No additional documents have been requested during processing or during pick-up process. It looks like the case was crystal-clear to start with...
Email to pick up the card arrived on October 20th, to pick up on Nov 1st (really short notice...).
The IO during pick up was extremely nice and friendly, and only 2 IDs have been requested to validate identity.

There is a light at the end of tunnel...

Good luck to everyone.

neoseal

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
Secondary review has made travel difficult, why has IIRC never thought about or have any alternative arrangements other than getting a travel document from the embassy, which is again a time consuming process. I was thinking the other day, what they can do is issue a special multi entry visa valid for let's say 12 or 18 months to people whose application has gone for secondary review, so at least they can freely travel and go about their lives as nearly usual. This will also take away some of the burden from embassies. Have they thought about it? They may have but why would they want to make their future citizens lives easy.......

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
This is anwer i got from case specific inquary.

After 17 months they didnt answer me anything about my PR card.

From: Do Not Reply - Ne Pas Repondre <Client-update-mise-a-jour@cic.gc.ca>
Sent: November 4, 2016 7:41 AM
To:
Subject: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada:

This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2015/06/11.

When should I contact CIC?

You must notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:

Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual;
Decision to withdraw your application;
Change of contact information: e-mail, mailing address, telephone number;
You found your lost PR card - application for replacement is in process, card must be destroyed, replacement application not yet in process.

Changes to your address should be made through our online service at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.

Change my address - CIC
www.cic.gc.ca
Change my address. If you have an application in process, you must tell CIC if you change your address. There are different ways of changing your address ...

How do I check the status of my application?

You may use your 8-digit Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number located on this correspondence to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the "Most requested" section on the right-hand side of the page, select "Check your application status".

How long will it take to process my application?

Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times by visiting the CIC website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp.

Please be aware that answering e-mails takes time away from processing applications. For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.

Sincerely,

Permanent Resident Card Centre – Sydney

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
heeradeepak said:
This is anwer i got from case specific inquary.

After 17 months they didnt answer me anything about my PR card.

From: Do Not Reply - Ne Pas Repondre <Client-update-mise-a-jour@cic.gc.ca>
Sent: November 4, 2016 7:41 AM
To:
Subject: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada:

This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2015/06/11.

When should I contact CIC?

You must notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:

Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual;
Decision to withdraw your application;
Change of contact information: e-mail, mailing address, telephone number;
You found your lost PR card - application for replacement is in process, card must be destroyed, replacement application not yet in process.

Changes to your address should be made through our online service at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.

Change my address - CIC
www.cic.gc.ca
Change my address. If you have an application in process, you must tell CIC if you change your address. There are different ways of changing your address ...

How do I check the status of my application?

You may use your 8-digit Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number located on this correspondence to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the "Most requested" section on the right-hand side of the page, select "Check your application status".

How long will it take to process my application?

Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times by visiting the CIC website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp.

Please be aware that answering e-mails takes time away from processing applications. For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.

Sincerely,

Permanent Resident Card Centre – Sydney
Waw!!!! Media is the only solution!! How 17 months did not exceed the processing time?????
It seems they can simply do whatever they want !!! There is no accountability or responsibility or guidlines or follow ups! I do not thinks this happens in 3rd world countries but yet it happens in Canada... And how does these automated emails impact processing??? These people do not process applications and their jobs is just to answer emails and phones!!! This is ridiculous... wondering why they treat "certain immigrants " this way!!! Harper in his 10 years only hired cons in IRCC and you can clearly see the results here!!!
Again Media is the only option... i tried reaching out but there was no interest... if anyone has connection with media, try reaching out!!!

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
tonymiz said:
Waw!!!! Media is the only solution!! How 17 months did not exceed the processing time?????
It seems they can simply do whatever they want !!! There is no accountability or responsibility or guidlines or follow ups! I do not thinks this happens in 3rd world countries but yet it happens in Canada... And how does these automated emails impact processing??? These people do not process applications and their jobs is just to answer emails and phones!!! This is ridiculous... wondering why they treat "certain immigrants " this way!!! Harper in his 10 years only hired cons in IRCC and you can clearly see the results here!!!
Again Media is the only option... i tried reaching out but there was no interest... if anyone has connection with media, try reaching out!!!
This is the way of CIC believe me any party in power CIC know how to create panic in applicants and take more benefits from government.

You will see after some time suddenly they will clear all secondary review cases as they did with citizenship RQ cases which were pending from 2011-2014 and starting of 2015 they clear all those cases send them oath without any additional documents.

This department is very powerful and minister always act as a puppet in these bureaucratic hands.

Khoshnaw

Nov 5, 2016
Dears,

I have a little bit of a strange situation here, I have applied for Permanenet resident card renewal on July 25, 2016 it got processed on August 25, 2016. I still haven't received my PR card, I tried the CIC call centre they told me it was send for an extended review in a different department in Sydney office. I asked for the reason they responded that it has to do something with my residency obligation which I completed more than 2 years for residency in Canada. However I haven't received an email or any type of notifications stating anything about secondary review for my application, yet CIC is still telling it has been sent for further review. Any thoughts ? I would appreciate it.