+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
ramkris said:
That applies to spouses of Middle eastren workvisa also. I think main purpose of PR renewal is going some where else. One of my friend spouse also got SR.
Yes 100% true my wife applied citizenship Jan 2011 and due to these stamps she got RQ and Jan 2015 she took oath.

kmbm91

Jul 17, 2015
Khoshnaw said:
However I haven't received an email or any type of notifications stating anything about secondary review for my application, yet CIC is still telling it has been sent for further review. Any thoughts ? I would appreciate it.
I'm on a similar boat here... My case is somewhat different. I don't even know if it qualifies as PR Card Renewal! I kept my residency status after a hearing held with the IRB where the panel stated that I was able to keep it under H&C (have the resolution and all)

Moved to Canada afterwards (July 2016) I sent my application for a NEW PR CARD (though I lived here in the 90's, I've never had one!!) and enclosed such IRB resolution along everything else. Called the CIC last week just to be informed my application was sent for "further review" in Hamilton... what's there to review??? My status was determined at the hearing...

And my ECAS doesn't show any changes but "In Process" no other information was sent to me... I would've never known if I hadn't call...

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
kmbm91 said:
I'm on a similar boat here... My case is somewhat different. I don't even know if it qualifies as PR Card Renewal! I kept my residency status after a hearing held with the IRB where the panel stated that I was able to keep it under H&C (have the resolution and all)

Moved to Canada afterwards (July 2016) I sent my application for a NEW PR CARD (though I lived here in the 90's, I've never had one!!) and enclosed such IRB resolution along everything else. Called the CIC last week just to be informed my application was sent for "further review" in Hamilton... what's there to review??? My status was determined at the hearing...

And my ECAS doesn't show any changes but "In Process" no other information was sent to me... I would've never known if I hadn't call...
Further review is Secondary review means trapped and for how long only God knows could be days, months or year or years.

Currently unannounced waiting time is 18-24 months.

Khoshnaw

Nov 5, 2016
but my situation is a little bit strange, I haven't received any emails or mail stating that my application has been sent for further review ?

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
Khoshnaw said:
Dears,

I have a little bit of a strange situation here, I have applied for Permanenet resident card renewal on July 25, 2016 it got processed on August 25, 2016. I still haven't received my PR card, I tried the CIC call centre they told me it was send for an extended review in a different department in Sydney office. I asked for the reason they responded that it has to do something with my residency obligation which I completed more than 2 years for residency in Canada. However I haven't received an email or any type of notifications stating anything about secondary review for my application, yet CIC is still telling it has been sent for further review. Any thoughts ? I would appreciate it.
It is sent for Secondary review.

Now start sending emails to PM and Minister McCallum and your MP requesting to reduce PR card renewal Secondary review timeline. Liberals would now give visa to a person sitting abroad in 2 weeks deadline but PR renewal takes >12 months

Nov 8, 2016
My PR renewal timeline:

Application Date: 29th August 2016.
Confirmation Email: 30th September 2016.
Went in for a SECONDARY review email: 26th October 2016.

Not sure how much time will this take? Is there anyone who applied this year in 2016, and have gotten their PR card renewed after the secondary review?

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
heeradeepak said:
This is anwer i got from case specific inquary.

After 17 months they didnt answer me anything about my PR card.

From: Do Not Reply - Ne Pas Repondre <Client-update-mise-a-jour@cic.gc.ca>
Sent: November 4, 2016 7:41 AM
To:
Subject: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada:

This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2015/06/11.

When should I contact CIC?

You must notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:

Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual;
Decision to withdraw your application;
Change of contact information: e-mail, mailing address, telephone number;
You found your lost PR card - application for replacement is in process, card must be destroyed, replacement application not yet in process.

Changes to your address should be made through our online service at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.

Change my address - CIC
www.cic.gc.ca
Change my address. If you have an application in process, you must tell CIC if you change your address. There are different ways of changing your address ...

How do I check the status of my application?

You may use your 8-digit Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number located on this correspondence to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the "Most requested" section on the right-hand side of the page, select "Check your application status".

How long will it take to process my application?

Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times by visiting the CIC website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp.

Please be aware that answering e-mails takes time away from processing applications. For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.

Sincerely,

Permanent Resident Card Centre – Sydney
After 17 months of applying today CIC call center agent told me that my PR card is under production from 7th Nov. God knows how many days they will take more but at least this is a one positive note I heard from CIC.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
heeradeepak said:
After 17 months of applying today CIC call center agent told me that my PR card is under production from 7th Nov. God knows how many days they will take more but at least this is a one positive note I heard from CIC.
Congrates...

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
heeradeepak said:
Congrats Heeradeepak... you will get it soon, don't worry :)
I am a june applicant too, so I hope I will get it soon too before my vacation in December.. do you think your citizenship interview helped speed things up?

Good Luck everyone!

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
tonymiz said:
Congrats Heeradeepak... you will get it soon, don't worry :)
I am a june applicant too, so I hope I will get it soon too before my vacation in December.. do you think your citizenship interview helped speed things up?

Good Luck everyone!
Not 100% but seems like that or they started to finalize June 2015 files. Tony we suffer too much from CIC they should evaluate themselves why throwing applicants in secondary review.

Ramik

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Congratulations Heeradeepak! Seems like you also fell in the 17-18months range. I'm hopeful that they will pick up the pace a little bit!

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
http://www.immigroup.com/news/top-4-signs-you-are-getting-residence-questionnaire-after-you-have-submitted-your-pr-card

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
KRP said:
http://www.immigroup.com/news/top-4-signs-you-are-getting-residence-questionnaire-after-you-have-submitted-your-pr-card
This is really old news....Following is what I think happened...

Secondary reviews are just a procedure set up by the conservative govt to have a second pair of eyes (and including on cases that meet certain criteria as defined by them) particularly probably more experienced officials. If I'm not mistaken, they outsourced the initial review of straightforward cases to junior hires or temp student summer hires.

I believe the initial thought process was that this review would complete in 1-2 months but their criteria was set so broad and they didnt realize what they had done and cases kept building up particularly after their job cuts and officials being pulled into various cases all around for citizenship processing, refugee processing after the Liberals came to power etc. After all, there are only so many senior officials able to deal with so many cases in a day. In 2015, they barely approved any cases.

Now they have all these cases backlogged in every area and its the same officials who set the criterion running the show and even though people have incessant complaints with the department through their MPs, most of them will push back stating "they are being thorough". Now, in every single job, we have to be thorough but none of us are allowed unlimited timelines. Its completely unheard of. However, somehow, this department is being allowed that for secondary reviews. If they doubt if a case is legit or not, they should ask the person to come to a local IRCC office and in this way, they can pick up their card in person, ask any question you need, see whatever docs etc. Instead, they purposely created this drawn out process and imo, it was to see if people who actually just met their number of days, to see if they would leave the country or not. In this way, they were trying to divine if a person is staying here just to maintain their Permanent Resident status or not. My opinion on that is that if they are so particular about people staying in Canada, then, change the requirement for maintaining Permanent Residence status that they have to stay here for a certain period each year. Instead, they give a flexible requirement considering the globalized world we live in and then, wonder why people take advantage of it. I think what is even more pitiful is the lack of accountability of staff for erroneous decisions or questionable decisions. For example, the Russian lady who got stuck in Russia based on an erroneous decision by the department. If such a case came in the papers and the dept was forced to reverse a decision so bad because of the incompetence of the official concerned, they probably would need to be demoted or severely reprimanded at the very least, if not let go.

Reactions: AmirATM