+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
What concerns me quite a bit is that few months ago we were from time to time hearing some stories on this forum that PR card has been renewed after secondary review. I do not remember such stories for several weeks already. It looks like the processing stopped completely now.
Of course, people on this forum are a small part of those in process - but it is a still a representative sample...

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
ivylane said:
Has anybody applied for urgent processing whilst in secondary review and got there or card. My mother is ill and I am hoping to go and see her I called cic to check on my application but all they say it is in process I asked about urgent processing and they said I would have to submit tickets and other proof she is ill. And it might take a few weeks.
I applied 3 months ago.. nothing yet :(
I am sorry to hear about your mother.. IRCC is heartless!

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
barabashka said:
What concerns me quite a bit is that few months ago we were from time to time hearing some stories on this forum that PR card has been renewed after secondary review. I do not remember such stories for several weeks already. It looks like the processing stopped completely now.
Of course, people on this forum are a small part of those in process - but it is a still a representative sample...
I agree with you .. it seems they stopped processing these files and maybe redirected the resources towards bringing more immigrants ( remember that John MacCallum promised to hit 300,000 by end of this year!)
I simply gave up and I am waiting now for my citizenship. I will push my vacation till next year and pay the tickets penalty!! It is too much stress to wait endlessly and not knowing if I will be able to plan for the upcoming vacation.
I wish at this point that the conservative government are still in government.. Trudeau was all about sweet talk, but things are getting worse in IRCC under this government.

GIRLWITHRED

Oct 18, 2016
I have been following this post for a while now, thanks for all your very informative replies. and today I have received email saying my renew card has been issued, so I would like to share my timeframe with you guys :)

PR card renewal application was received by CIC on APRIL 13, 2015
CIC began processing the application on JUNE 19, 2015
Received email from CIC on JUNE 19, 2015 requesting color copies of passport.
Received email from CIC on OCT 18, 2016 inform that renew card has been issued.

One year and half....I don't know if this is their current process time frame, what I did is to send them request on weekly bases asking for update, and I did send an ATIP request last week (I don't know if that helps with processing time or not?).

Nevertheless, keep trying everyone... ;)

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
GIRLWITHRED said:
I have been following this post for a while now, thanks for all your very informative replies. and today I have received email saying my renew card has been issued, so I would like to share my timeframe with you guys :)

One year and half....I don't know if this is their current process time frame, what I did is to send them request on weekly bases asking for update, and I did send an ATIP request last week (I don't know if that helps with processing time or not?).

Thank you and congrats Girlwithred!
It is good to see that at least something is moving.
So there is no need to check application status online if they send emails?!! I have been checking the status online couple of times each week:)

GIRLWITHRED

Oct 18, 2016
tonymiz said:
Thank you and congrats Girlwithred!
It is good to see that at least something is moving.
So there is no need to check application status online if they send emails?!! I have been checking the status online couple of times each week:)
thank you.

I guess it's both at same time...when I got the email I also checked online, my online status now is "COMPLETE" instead of "IN PROCESS".

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
GIRLWITHRED said:

Congrats! And thanks a lot for the update. It is encouraging that there is at least someone there who is processing the applications...so something is moving...

samimian

Jan 17, 2009
I applied for PR card renewal, application was recieved on May 15 2015, it went for secondary review on Sept 22 2015 and it has been quite since than.

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
samimian said:
I applied for PR card renewal, application was recieved on May 15 2015, it went for secondary review on Sept 22 2015 and it has been quite since than.
Probably send a request through your MP. While it may not help, at least, why not worth a try.

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
vop said:
Probably send a request through your MP. While it may not help, at least, why not worth a try.
Yeeee but they dont care about Single requests as much as a Collaborative Effect by media would. So idk why ppl dont support ajk_9 with the media step so that it can actually help 1000s of Prs and not jus 1 person tryna save their life.

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
rbrar14 said:
Yeeee but they dont care about Single requests as much as a Collaborative Effect by media would. So idk why ppl dont support ajk_9 with the media step so that it can actually help 1000s of Prs and not jus 1 person tryna save their life.
Unfortunately, there aren't too many people in out situation. I did approach media before and they were not interested! I referred them to the petition on this forum, but the number is not much and story apparently is not that interesting:)

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
tonymiz said:
Unfortunately, there aren't too many people in out situation. I did approach media before and they were not interested! I referred them to the petition on this forum, but the number is not much and story apparently is not that interesting:)

So we are pretty much stuck? One can call us a Minority group who has been isolated in Canada hahaha.

elliesun

Sep 29, 2015
Hello Guys,
I'm back with good new, finally I got my PR card

My Timeline as following:
We started processing your application on July 15, 2015.
We sent you correspondence on July 15, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
We sent you a letter on July 15, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
On Sep. 15th,2016 my status finally got update to completed and received my new PR card by mail early Oct.2016. No email received;

I sent my application package on April 20,2015, total 17months, no additional documents request.

Good luck to everyone

decent guy

Sep 4, 2016
elliesun said:
Hello Guys,
I'm back with good new, finally I got my PR card

My Timeline as following:
We started processing your application on July 15, 2015.
We sent you correspondence on July 15, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
We sent you a letter on July 15, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
On Sep. 15th,2016 my status finally got update to completed and received my new PR card by mail early Oct.2016. No email received;

I sent my application package on April 20,2015, total 17months, no additional documents request.

Good luck to everyone
Congratulations !
So they are now working on applications sent until end of April, 2015
Next , those who sent their applications by May 2015 can expect !
Let's keep our fingers crossed.

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
decent guy said:
Congratulations !
So they are now working on applications sent until end of April, 2015
Next , those who sent their applications by May 2015 can expect !
Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Nothing like that I applied in Oct 2015,SR in Feb 2016 received my PR on July 2016