+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
tonymiz said:
The due date is automatically set to a year after secondary review, but I know many people who waited much longer.. In short, there is nothing that we can do!!
For me 16 month finish and still they didn't touch my file.

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
heeradeepak said:
For me 16 month finish and still they didn't touch my file.
My problem is that the last two times I came into Canada, I used machine to scan my PR card and did not stamp my passport. It seems that is what triggered the secondary review.. In ATIP, they show that CoR is "unknown"!!
How is it our problem that they allowed people to do self scanning of PRs?? This is ridiculous !

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Does anyone know if we can withdraw our application and apply again? These days it is only taking 2 months to process the files.. Maybe we can provide cbsa reports with the application this time.. not sure!

what do you think guys?

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
tonymiz said:
My problem is that the last two times I came into Canada, I used machine to scan my PR card and did not stamp my passport. It seems that is what triggered the secondary review.. In ATIP, they show that CoR is "unknown"!!
How is it our problem that they allowed people to do self scanning of PRs?? This is ridiculous !
What is CoR, and even if they only scan PR card- it shows in CBP entry exit records because scans records entry with cbp. Who knows what the heck they does.

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
quasar81 said:
What is CoR, and even if they only scan PR card- it shows in CBP entry exit records because scans records entry with cbp. Who knows what the heck they does.
Country Of Residence

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
tonymiz said:
Does anyone know if we can withdraw our application and apply again? These days it is only taking 2 months to process the files.. Maybe we can provide cbsa reports with the application this time.. not sure!

what do you think guys?
100% they will through application in secondary review again.

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
heeradeepak said:
It does look like a big risk of being put into secondary review again if we withdraw the application and apply again.
What if we do not do the withdrawal, but simply apply again? Will they return the application?

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
tonymiz said:
I do not think this is a problem. I never used self-scanning machines, exactly for the reason that I wanted to get stamps in passport. However, I still got secondary review, despite my efforts.
I also do not think they have any doubts about the fact that we met PR residency obligations - otherwise they would ask for additional documents.

Something else is going on, but I fail to understand what...It almost looks like that they put the files aside to have a second look (additional calculation of PRO if days are close to 730 limit, a second look into many stamps in passport and so on), but after that a person who was supposed to do that was moved to another task - and cases are simply shelved.

We are trying to communicate with our emails and petitions with an empty office. There is no one on the other end to even open our messages.

I see no other alternative than trying to go public with this...

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
barabashka said:
I do not think this is a problem. I never used self-scanning machines, exactly for the reason that I wanted to get stamps in passport. However, I still got secondary review, despite my efforts.
I also do not think they have any doubts about the fact that we met PR residency obligations - otherwise they would ask for additional documents.

Something else is going on, but I fail to understand what...It almost looks like that they put the files aside to have a second look (additional calculation of PRO if days are close to 730 limit, a second look into many stamps in passport and so on), but after that a person who was supposed to do that was moved to another task - and cases are simply shelved.

We are trying to communicate with our emails and petitions with an empty office. There is no one on the other end to even open our messages.

I see no other alternative than trying to go public with this...
Its not days which are coming to count they are checking all the countries we visited after landing as PR. If it includes Asian /African or middle east sure you are in SR.

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
heeradeepak said:
Suppose if you have been waiting for 18 months and No Response? I would just re apply and write a letter that my application has been ignored or whatever cause 2 month wait makes more sense than waiting 12 months more for something that has been thrown into a shelf for so long. Point is you have better "Defense" as to yo I applied twice and u guys threw it in SR both times which means they need to fix this problem of throwing ppl in SR

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
tonymiz said:
No no, that does not matter. One time, I did not get stamp and and I have never self scanned so that has nothing to do with SR

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
rbrar14 said:
Suppose if you have been waiting for 18 months and No Response? I would just re apply and write a letter that my application has been ignored or whatever cause 2 month wait makes more sense than waiting 12 months more for something that has been thrown into a shelf for so long. Point is you have better "Defense" as to yo I applied twice and u guys threw it in SR both times which means they need to fix this problem of throwing ppl in SR
CIC need complete overhaul still i can't understand their system and what scale they are using to evaluate the files.

You can see in this forum that after secondary review most of the cases they are not asking any document simply they will keep you wait for years and without asking any additional document they will send you card in mail or letter to pick up.

So if all documents were good in first stage why the file gone to secondary review?

Thousands of innocent applicants are waiting for more than one year.

decent guy

Sep 4, 2016
I totally agree with you guys !
CIC and IRCC need a complete overhaul. They are playing with the lives of innocent people.
Even in my case, its more than 17 months since I submitted my PR renewal application and they have not requested a single document so far.
Regarding Bil-C6 , I understand the house of common meets from 17th October to 4th November,2016.
During this period they might finalize .
Our only options left to draw the attention of higher authorities is ;
1.Media
2.All of us must meet in front of the Parliment holding placards and stage a protest until our voices are heard.

Let us know your thoughts and lets move !

On Saurday night there was a telecast on CP24 about the the Russian Julia Yakob's PR Card issue and the caption said "IMMIGRATION OFFICIALS REVERSE DECISION REVOKING RESIDENCY"

ivylane

Oct 17, 2015
Has anybody applied for urgent processing whilst in secondary review and got there or card. My mother is ill and I am hoping to go and see her I called cic to check on my application but all they say it is in process I asked about urgent processing and they said I would have to submit tickets and other proof she is ill. And it might take a few weeks.

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
ivylane said:
Has anybody applied for urgent processing whilst in secondary review and got there or card. My mother is ill and I am hoping to go and see her I called cic to check on my application but all they say it is in process I asked about urgent processing and they said I would have to submit tickets and other proof she is ill. And it might take a few weeks.
I applied for urgent processing while in SR but I am not sure whether they accepted and processed it as urgent processing or they sent normally as it was way beyond the processing time. When I applied it was not so stict in urgent processing now rules change. Also all the agents i spoke to are saying
applicants in SR are not eligible for urgent processing.