bahaar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
@ramkris- Did you use all methods to check?. Did you ask cic agent about this. Mine was in SR but always showed as processing

I tried PR card number, UCI and record of landing number and the results all are the same, Nothing shows up! Since August 2015 that that my application is pending with CIC I only called once in June 2016 to ask about my application and the answer was:” it is under review” . I didn’t bother to call again because from reading this forum I gathered that people don’t get any helpful answers from calling CIC when it is in SR.

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
bahaar said:
@ramkris- Did you use all methods to check?. Did you ask cic agent about this. Mine was in SR but always showed as processing

I tried PR card number, UCI and record of landing number and the results all are the same, Nothing shows up! Since August 2015 that that my application is pending with CIC I only called once in June 2016 to ask about my application and the answer was:” it is under review” . I didn’t bother to call again because from reading this forum I gathered that people don’t get any helpful answers from calling CIC when it is in SR.
Yo this happened to me as well. Look above a few posts, I posted my timeline. when i used to check, it wont show status online for me neither. I dont know why they do it but this is extremely frustrating process.

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
This is my timeline. No response from them till the december 11. But WHATS fishy to me is the 2nd line and 4th line starting appearing like 5 weeks ago. it did not appear when I got my email or correspondence for passport coloured copy. Does this mean anything to anyone here ????????????????????????????? I had to leave canada on july 28, 2015 because of family problem back home. so im stuck waiting outside canada to have my card mailed to canadian address. will cic know im outside country ? wont they mail me card because of this?

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 2, 2015.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 11, 2016.
3. We started processing your application on January 11, 2016.
4. We sent you correspondence on December 11, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
rbrar14 said:
This is my timeline. No response from them till the december 11. But WHATS fishy to me is the 2nd line and 4th line starting appearing like 5 weeks ago. it did not appear when I got my email or correspondence for passport coloured copy. Does this mean anything to anyone here ????????????????????????????? I had to leave canada on july 28, 2015 because of family problem back home. so im stuck waiting outside canada to have my card mailed to canadian address. will cic know im outside country ? wont they mail me card because of this?

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 11, 2016.
4. We sent you correspondence on December 11, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Did you send your colour copies of your pasport before leaving canada? . There is no restriction on movement of PR in and out of country until you sponsor some one .Wait is only option.There is no difference between SR and new family applications from countries like pakistan both are infinite

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
rbrar14 said:

While I cannot say for sure, what you find fishy seems, to me, to be insignificant, of little or no import. Not likely to affect or indicate how this is going to go.

You cut compliance with the PR RO really, really close. There is no guarantee, none at all, this is going to go well for you. Especially since you immediately went abroad and continue to be abroad. It would be best to obtain the assistance of a licensed, reputable Canadian immigration lawyer, sooner rather than later. Might be difficult to manage.

I offer many more observations in response to your query about the likelihood of IRCC mailing a new PR card to you.

To say your PR status is at risk is probably an understatement.

If you want to retain PR status, lawyer-up, if possible, and get back to Canada as soon as possible.

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
ramkris said:
Did you send your colour copies of your pasport before leaving canada? . There is no restriction on movement of PR in and out of country until you sponsor some one .Wait is only option.There is no difference between SR and new family applications from countries like pakistan both are infinite
I sent a complete application with everything that they ask in checklist and all. later, in december i got email asking for coloured passport pics, thats when i sent them in.

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
dpenabill said:
While I cannot say for sure, what you find fishy seems, to me, to be insignificant, of little or no import. Not likely to affect or indicate how this is going to go.

You cut compliance with the PR RO really, really close. There is no guarantee, none at all, this is going to go well for you. Especially since you immediately went abroad and continue to be abroad. It would be best to obtain the assistance of a licensed, reputable Canadian immigration lawyer, sooner rather than later. Might be difficult to manage.

I offer many more observations in response to your query about the likelihood of IRCC mailing a new PR card to you.

To say your PR status is at risk is probably an understatement.

If you want to retain PR status, lawyer-up, if possible, and get back to Canada as soon as possible.

"

To say your PR status is at risk is probably an understatement."

Can u explain what do u mean by this ?

AnvarKurbanov

Aug 31, 2016
Hi everybody, let me pitch in... so my time line:

We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 31, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 17, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on December 17, 2015.
4.We sent you a letter on January 8, 2016. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

So far I have called their call center zillion times... the response is always the same, and I guess everybody knows what it is..
My MP contacted them - in vain..
Wrote to Prime Minister!!! - his "correspondence" office referred my e-mail to the Minister of Immigration after the first one the last two letters were just ignored.
Wrote to the Minister and got the following answer from his office:

"...Permanent residents who have numerous absences from Canada or whose presence in Canada cannot be verified with the information on file may be asked to complete a residence questionnaire or provide additional documents in support of their application. A decision will be made following a review of the applicant's particular circumstances.
Our records confirm that your application was received on July 31, 2015, at the PRC Centre in Sydney, and that urgent processing due to imminent travel has been requested. Our records further confirm that your application was referred to the Review Team at the PR Card Centre (PRC) in Sydney for a residency review on January 8, 2016. A referral to the Review Team means the case is no longer a straightforward one and will in most situations lead to delays in processing. In such cases, the processing times posted on the IRCC Website no longer apply.
You will be notified as soon as this review is complete or should additional information or documentation be required. If you must leave Canada before your new PR Card can be issued, you can apply for a temporary travel document (PR abroad) at a visa office abroad. If it can be established that you have complied with the residency obligation, a document facilitating your return to Canada will be issued.

We regret any inconvenience that this situation may be causing you.

F. Macmillan

Ministerial Enquiries Division .."

For those who considering "urgent processing" be aware of the following: once your case referred to secondary review you are not eligible for "urgent processing"!!!! So before buying a ticket think twice. I bought a ticket and applied for the urgent processing planning to visit my ill mother in September now have to cancel it and pay 500 CAD fine, just perfect :). When I was considering the "urgent processing" I could not find anything about it maybe now they posted anything about it on their site.

My last e-mail to the Prime Minister's office was about the outrageous delays in SR and the situation overall, there is a little hope anybody will pay attention to it but still there is. And if everybody who is in the similar situation raises it with PM or Minister's office the chances are that our voices get heard... because there is no guarantee that after some time when we apply for citizenship we will not face the same problem, so better let's start taking care of it right away :).
Me personally planning to write to Governor of Canada, seems a little bit silly but hey .. use every opportunity you have right :)

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
AnvarKurbanov said:
Hi everybody, let me pitch in... so my time line:

We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 31, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 17, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on December 17, 2015.
4.We sent you a letter on January 8, 2016. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

So far I have called their call center zillion times... the response is always the same, and I guess everybody knows what it is..
My MP contacted them - in vain..
Wrote to Prime Minister!!! - his "correspondence" office referred my e-mail to the Minister of Immigration after the first one the last two letters were just ignored.
Wrote to the Minister and got the following answer from his office:

"...Permanent residents who have numerous absences from Canada or whose presence in Canada cannot be verified with the information on file may be asked to complete a residence questionnaire or provide additional documents in support of their application. A decision will be made following a review of the applicant's particular circumstances.
Our records confirm that your application was received on July 31, 2015, at the PRC Centre in Sydney, and that urgent processing due to imminent travel has been requested. Our records further confirm that your application was referred to the Review Team at the PR Card Centre (PRC) in Sydney for a residency review on January 8, 2016. A referral to the Review Team means the case is no longer a straightforward one and will in most situations lead to delays in processing. In such cases, the processing times posted on the IRCC Website no longer apply.
You will be notified as soon as this review is complete or should additional information or documentation be required. If you must leave Canada before your new PR Card can be issued, you can apply for a temporary travel document (PR abroad) at a visa office abroad. If it can be established that you have complied with the residency obligation, a document facilitating your return to Canada will be issued.

We regret any inconvenience that this situation may be causing you.

F. Macmillan

Ministerial Enquiries Division .."

For those who considering "urgent processing" be aware of the following: once your case referred to secondary review you are not eligible for "urgent processing"!!!! So before buying a ticket think twice. I bought a ticket and applied for the urgent processing planning to visit my ill mother in September now have to cancel it and pay 500 CAD fine, just perfect :). When I was considering the "urgent processing" I could not find anything about it maybe now they posted anything about it on their site.

My last e-mail to the Prime Minister's office was about the outrageous delays in SR and the situation overall, there is a little hope anybody will pay attention to it but still there is. And if everybody who is in the similar situation raises it with PM or Minister's office the chances are that our voices get heard... because there is no guarantee that after some time when we apply for citizenship we will not face the same problem, so better let's start taking care of it right away :).
Me personally planning to write to Governor of Canada, seems a little bit silly but hey .. use every opportunity you have right :)
Hi there,

I exactly have the same timeline as yours. I applied for urgent processing and still waiting. I ordered ATIP and I noticed that the "review" has not even started!!! So all this period, the file is just shleved and the reciew did not even start so most probably they are busy with finishing other applications!!
But nobody mentioned that we are not eligible for urgent processing and I saw a note of my urgent processibg request and my travel date.. Good luck to you!! Let us know what happens with you.

AnvarKurbanov

Aug 31, 2016
I will be very glad if I am wrong about urgent processing part, but next time you call at the call center just ask a straightforward question if you are eligible for urgent processing if you are under SR and let's see what they will have to say (unfortunately, seeing a note doesn't mean, let's say, much.., but I do hope I am wrong :) ) .
Last time I called an officer told me that since I was under SR I am not eligible and that was exactly what my MP had been told.
... and definitely I will keep everybody updated with my case progress .. :)

AnvarKurbanov

Aug 31, 2016
I am just off the call with the officer, this one also told me ".. once you are under SR you are not eligible for urgent review"

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
AnvarKurbanov said:
I am just off the call with the officer, this one also told me ".. once you are under SR you are not eligible for urgent review"
This is ridiculous!!! So basically you will be trapped here just because they are very slow!! If they are not sure about my residency, why didn't they ask immediately? I can give them tons of paperwork to prove it!! This doesn't add up frankly!
I also paid already for my tickets and I am travelling in November..
They will only respond if this goes to the media.. I am very disappointed in the liberals who promised to reduce the backlog, it seems it is getting worse!
I never thought I will ever vote for Cons, but it looks like that is what I do when I get my Citizienship!!

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
tonymiz said:
This is ridiculous!!! So basically you will be trapped here just because they are very slow!! If they are not sure about my residency, why didn't they ask immediately? I can give them tons of paperwork to prove it!! This doesn't add up frankly!
I also paid already for my tickets and I am travelling in November..
They will only respond if this goes to the media.. I am very disappointed in the liberals who promised to reduce the backlog, it seems it is getting worse!
I never thought I will ever vote for Cons, but it looks like that is what I do when I get my Citizienship!!
Tony no one is listening i applied for PR Renewal in june 2015 and still waiting and i have written letters regarding delay to immigration minister and prime minister also but no use. if you tell to call center agents that your file is under secondary review they will give you simple answer no timeline for secondary review.

During liberals secondary review cases timeline reach to 18-24 months and conservative time it was only 10-12 months so which backlog they are clearing God knows.

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
For those who considering "urgent processing" be aware of the following: once your case referred to secondary review you are not eligible for "urgent processing"!!!!

I also called n number of times before applying for urgent processing everytime same answeras above but i applied and they accepted it with in a month of my application I got my PR