+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Anyone who wants to add their info to Secondary Petition, here is a link to the POST
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/secondary-review-petition-t399342.105.html#lastPost

There are 29 members, reply to that post and Send your Last Name and last 4 digits of your PR Card in a personal message to AJK_9

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
rbrar14 said:
Anyone who wants to add their info to Secondary Petition, here is a link to the POST
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/secondary-review-petition-t399342.105.html#lastPost

There are 29 members, reply to that post and Send your Last Name and last 4 digits of your PR Card in a personal message to AJK_9
Whoever hasnt provided your names, please do so. The issue must be raised with the minister asap because not sure if you read the article in the globe and mail today whereby one lady who is a PR left the country to Russia with an expired PR Card and is stuck in Russia whereby the Canadian Embassy in Moscow refused to issue her a Travel Document stating that she didnt meet the residency requirements with her only option being left to appeal. While I dont know the particulars of the case, from the looks of the article, its a very legit case, the person has been living here but hasnt necessarily worked here FT during that time and because of that, the official said she didnt meet the residency reqts which is ridiculous. The main aim of the conservatives since they came to power was to create backdoors so as to give officials opportunities to strip people of their Permanent Residency and then, they created backlogs in everything so as to frustrate applicants because even if they come back, its a real pain to get anything done and especially to reinstate their status. PR card appeals take years in the present system.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/canadian-resident-stranded-in-moscow-says-clerical-error-led-canadas-government-to-revoke-her-status/article31709731/

Sadly, a lot of what they did remains in place and the liberals are moving too slowly or they dont care. If they could, the conservatives would've stripped citizenship too and C-24 was a start. I have no idea why the minister is so hesitant to set up an Ombudsman to oversee decisions by the department and to have a more fast moving department. The department's response was that people shouldnt leave the country with expired documents which is absolutely ridiculous. Its not like we're not applying but they are purposely delaying in order to see who all are going to stay and that too, for such long periods. Its incredibly sad at what the conservatives have made the immigration system to be.

I have told all of you so many times and I will keep asking, please, if you are waiting, provide your name and info for the petition. I sincerely dont know what all of you are waiting for and what you have to lose by trying this method. Its a very serious problem and the department is giving out deliberately false information to the press and the public and I have no idea why they are doing it. What they achieve by not processing PR cards, is just beyond comprehension and is beyond reason.

And also, please write to your MPs. Make everyone aware that PR card renewals are an issue and that the timeline posted on the website is false. I have contacted my MPs office many times but the Minister seems to have created an added bureaucratic layer even for MPs which is shocking considering how badly run they already are. Once again, I'm left to prayer to get this situation resolved because reasoning and accountability is so not seen at this time.

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
rbrar14 said:
Just wondering,if anyone has been called to pick up in person for an interview ? Do they call ?
I could be wrong but I do believe you will get something in the mail asking you to pick up your card. There is no call as far as I know.

decent guy

Sep 4, 2016
Hi Guys,
Do not delay in sending the pettition as major changes to canada immigration system is expected in fall as per Minister John McCallum and the subject of secondary review is not there.

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
decent guy said:
Hi Guys,
Do not delay in sending the pettition as major changes to canada immigration system is expected in fall as per Minister John McCallum and the subject of secondary review is not there.
U are right, the subject of SR is not there. Rushing through the petition wont do any good either. http://www.canadim.com/justin-trudeau-canadian-immigration/

If it is made unaffective with not enough info, they will simply ignore it just like they ignored someone on here for 3 times when they and their minister tried contacting Minister of immi.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Gerry27 said:
Hi Guys
I have gained a lot of information from this forum.
I wish to share my experience with everyone and help in any way I can.
Heres my Timeline:

I applied for renewal of Pr Card along with my family in Jan 2015
Received a letter end of March that that its gone for Secondary Review.
Applied for Urgent Processing in June 15 and received an acknowledgement that its been forwarded.
July 15 got request for additional documents.
Aug 15 got a Residency Questionnaire along with request for more documents.
March 16 got a call for Interview in Etobicoke Office (Toronto) -To attend the interview I had to enter the country on expired Pr Card through US in a rented Car, by showing Landing Document. The Interview was an hour and a half long. During the interview the officer determined that my family meet the residency requirements but I do not. So I requested to approve on Humanitarian & Compassionate grounds providing lot of supporting documents.
April 16 received a letter saying my family PR Card is approved and sent for printing and my case has also been approved on Humanitarian &Compassionate Grounds keeping in mind how much I would loose if I were to lose my PR Status.
End of April my family received their PR Cards in mail.
May 16th I received a mail to collect my PR Card from local Office on 9th June.
I could not go as i had to travel for work and finally once again I had to enter Canada through USA on expired Pr Card by road and went to collect my PR Card in person on 16th of Aug 16. So after about a year and half for the whole process I did get my PR Card renewed.
The officer asked to verify my identity and asked to look at Income Tax return, collected the old Pr Card and gave me the new PR Card within 5 minutes.

So, please do not lose hope , you will all get your PR Cards with time.
Feel free to ask any questions.
Hope I am able to help some of you.
This is a very good report. Should help others to put some things in perspective.

It appears, however, that you may still be spending a lot of time outside Canada. The H&C decision offers you some protection for a time, but ultimately you can still be questioned about compliance with the PR Residency Obligation any time you cross the border to enter Canada . . . even though you have a valid PR card, and no matter how long that PR card is good for.

In other words, make no mistake, if you continue to be predominantly outside Canada for an extended period of time going forward, the risk of being reported for a breach of the PR RO increases, and again, having a valid PR card does not protect your status. In this regard, there are undoubtedly notes or flags in your FOSS records . . . which for now may (probably) protect you, given the H&C decision . . . but in the not-so-distant future, if you are living abroad for example, those flags are more or less likely to trigger a PR RO examination at the border.

Osama912

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Gerry27 said:
Hi Guys
I have gained a lot of information from this forum.
I wish to share my experience with everyone and help in any way I can.
Heres my Timeline:

I applied for renewal of Pr Card along with my family in Jan 2015
Received a letter end of March that that its gone for Secondary Review.
Applied for Urgent Processing in June 15 and received an acknowledgement that its been forwarded.
July 15 got request for additional documents.
Aug 15 got a Residency Questionnaire along with request for more documents.
March 16 got a call for Interview in Etobicoke Office (Toronto) -To attend the interview I had to enter the country on expired Pr Card through US in a rented Car, by showing Landing Document. The Interview was an hour and a half long. During the interview the officer determined that my family meet the residency requirements but I do not. So I requested to approve on Humanitarian & Compassionate grounds providing lot of supporting documents.
April 16 received a letter saying my family PR Card is approved and sent for printing and my case has also been approved on Humanitarian &Compassionate Grounds keeping in mind how much I would loose if I were to lose my PR Status.
End of April my family received their PR Cards in mail.
May 16th I received a mail to collect my PR Card from local Office on 9th June.
I could not go as i had to travel for work and finally once again I had to enter Canada through USA on expired Pr Card by road and went to collect my PR Card in person on 16th of Aug 16. So after about a year and half for the whole process I did get my PR Card renewed.
The officer asked to verify my identity and asked to look at Income Tax return, collected the old Pr Card and gave me the new PR Card within 5 minutes.

So, please do not lose hope , you will all get your PR Cards with time.
Feel free to ask any questions.
Hope I am able to help some of you.
Kindly, can you explain , what H&C conditions you gave them???
thanks

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Gerry27 said:
. . . my case has also been approved on Humanitarian &Compassionate Grounds keeping in mind how much I would loose if I were to lose my PR Status.
Gerry27 said:
10. Plus as per my calculations i easily met the PR Obligation.
What appeared to be an informative post has been muddied.

While actual presence in Canada is one of the more if not most important factors in assessing the H&C case for retaining PR status, it seems unlikely IRCC would explicitly rule on H&C grounds if the PR has in fact met the PR Residency Obligation.

Gerry27 said:
1. My daughter been studying there for more than 4 years (School Transcripts/Attendance Records)
2. My wife been working there
3. We established a Federal company
4. Bought few Properties and took Mortgage (Investment property & Primary Residence)
5. Bought Car
6. Close Family (Brother ) already Canadian citizen.
7. Company & Personal Income tax records.
8. Bank & Credit Card statements.
9. All proof of Investments (Bank Deposits, Car purchase, property purchase, mortgage papers, resp accounts etc)
10. Plus as per my calculations i easily met the PR Obligation. (Would have lost all had the PR Card not been renewed, as family can't stay alone)
Most of these are NOT significantly positive H&C reasons, but are more about evidence of ties or presence in Canada. In total, evidence of ties and residence in Canada is a positive factor, if sufficient to show the PR has settled in Canada and has strong ongoing ties in Canada and plans to reside in Canada. But in the absence of other positive factors, this is not ordinarily enough to make the H&C case . . . depending on how close to meeting the PR RO the PR was.

Leading to the assertion of actually, by your calculation, having met the PR RO. That could be a key tipping factor.

That said, perhaps this is the more significant factor:
Gerry27 said:
(Would have lost all had the PR Card not been renewed, as family can't stay alone)
But since the report has been muddied some, and it is not at all clear whether you are currently living in Canada or not, or how much in breach of the PR RO IRCC calculated you to be, it is difficult to discern if the impact on your family, especially a child, was indeed what tipped the scales for a positive H&C outcome.

Nonetheless, for many this should indeed be reason to stay positive, at least for those who are on the cusp of being denied for falling short of compliance with the PR RO.

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
vop said:
Whoever hasnt provided your names, please do so. The issue must be raised with the minister asap because not sure if you read the article in the globe and mail today whereby one lady who is a PR left the country to Russia with an expired PR Card and is stuck in Russia whereby the Canadian Embassy in Moscow refused to issue her a Travel Document stating that she didnt meet the residency requirements with her only option being left to appeal. While I dont know the particulars of the case, from the looks of the article, its a very legit case, the person has been living here but hasnt necessarily worked here FT during that time and because of that, the official said she didnt meet the residency reqts which is ridiculous. The main aim of the conservatives since they came to power was to create backdoors so as to give officials opportunities to strip people of their Permanent Residency and then, they created backlogs in everything so as to frustrate applicants because even if they come back, its a real pain to get anything done and especially to reinstate their status. PR card appeals take years in the present system.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/canadian-resident-stranded-in-moscow-says-clerical-error-led-canadas-government-to-revoke-her-status/article31709731/

Sadly, a lot of what they did remains in place and the liberals are moving too slowly or they dont care. If they could, the conservatives would've stripped citizenship too and C-24 was a start. I have no idea why the minister is so hesitant to set up an Ombudsman to oversee decisions by the department and to have a more fast moving department. The department's response was that people shouldnt leave the country with expired documents which is absolutely ridiculous. Its not like we're not applying but they are purposely delaying in order to see who all are going to stay and that too, for such long periods. Its incredibly sad at what the conservatives have made the immigration system to be.

I have told all of you so many times and I will keep asking, please, if you are waiting, provide your name and info for the petition. I sincerely dont know what all of you are waiting for and what you have to lose by trying this method. Its a very serious problem and the department is giving out deliberately false information to the press and the public and I have no idea why they are doing it. What they achieve by not processing PR cards, is just beyond comprehension and is beyond reason.

And also, please write to your MPs. Make everyone aware that PR card renewals are an issue and that the timeline posted on the website is false. I have contacted my MPs office many times but the Minister seems to have created an added bureaucratic layer even for MPs which is shocking considering how badly run they already are. Once again, I'm left to prayer to get this situation resolved because reasoning and accountability is so not seen at this time.
It seems that after here case was on the news, things have changed quickly and IRCC reopened her file:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/gyulzar-julia-yakobi-moscow-clerical-error-recitified-1.3750673

I think that only media can force IRCC to act on it.. what annoys me is that the processing time is now around 72 days while our applications are still in process for 15 months!!!

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
tonymiz said:
It seems that after here case was on the news, things have changed quickly and IRCC reopened her file:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/gyulzar-julia-yakobi-moscow-clerical-error-recitified-1.3750673

I think that only media can force IRCC to act on it.. what annoys me is that the processing time is now around 72 days while our applications are still in process for 15 months!!!
Yes, I did see that after it went to the media, the embassy and the IRCC suddenly had a change of heart and suddenly rediscovered that there may be an error on their end. I'm not sure how many of us have family to go to the media and publicize egregious errors like this if it happened to them. Their first response that the applicant shouldnt have left without a valid PR card went beyond the pale. And then, they wouldnt even bother about the applicant until it went to the media.

What we really need is an independent ombudsman's office to ensure that officers who make such errors are appropriately dealt with because right now, there is no consequence but the Minister is resisting it and I just dont know why because doesnt he want to solve this issue once and for all ? The US has an ombudsman's office and even though they take 2 years to come a decision because of backlogs, the office is sufficiently powerful that if they overrule the department officer's decisions, the ombudsman's decision's always set precedents that the officers will have to follow then onward. Right now, there is just no accountability.

I mean, in the above case, how could they even come to the conclusion that the person was in Canada for just 65 days, completely nonsensical.

AnvarKurbanov

Aug 31, 2016
Hi everybody I have an update:
We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 31, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 17, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on December 17, 2015.
4.We sent you a letter on January 8, 2016. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
5.Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on September 6, 2016. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.
6.Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on September 7, 2016.

Today I have got my PR card

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
AnvarKurbanov said:
Hi everybody I have an update:
We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 31, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 17, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on December 17, 2015.
4.We sent you a letter on January 8, 2016. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
5.Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on September 6, 2016. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.
6.Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on September 7, 2016.

Today I have got my PR card
Congrats!! I hope they are taking urgent processing into consideration or maybe because you contacted the MP.. not sure.. but either ways, congrats.. I hope you did not miss your flight.