+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Hi guys,

I sent my application for PR renewal March 25th, 2016. Then I got on a plane on March 29th to come back to Brazil to finish my Ph.D. For the last five years I was present in Canada for about 915 days. I worked for two companies in Montreal and passed a whole year working on my Ph.D. research at a Canadian university, also in Montreal.

On April 26th, CIC started processing my application and on May 26th I received an e-mail telling me that my application has been referred for a secondary review. Up to two weeks ago I could still see my process on e-cas (I know that when my process is referred for secondary review, I will not be able to see updates on e-cas but it was still active). Last friday, August 13th I tried to see it and I just couldn't. I get the following message when I try: "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided."

Well, I sent an application on July 18th for Consulate General of Canada in São Paulo to get a Permanent Resident Travel Document. They started processing it on July 28th and after a message that I sent to them, they told me that my application was in process and that they were willing to finish it up to the end of the next week (by August 19th). Do you guys think is there a relation between this application for a PRTD and the fact that I can't see anymore my process on e-cas? What if my process here (Brazil) influenced in some way my process there (Canada)?

Well, I will let you know when I get the response for my PRTD.

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
MatQue said:
Hi guys,

I sent my application for PR renewal March 25th, 2016. Then I got on a plane on March 29th to come back to Brazil to finish my Ph.D. For the last five years I was present in Canada for about 915 days. I worked for two companies in Montreal and passed a whole year working on my Ph.D. research at a Canadian university, also in Montreal.

On April 26th, CIC started processing my application and on May 26th I received an e-mail telling me that my application has been referred for a secondary review. Up to two weeks ago I could still see my process on e-cas (I know that when my process is referred for secondary review, I will not be able to see updates on e-cas but it was still active). Last friday, August 13th I tried to see it and I just couldn't. I get the following message when I try: "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided."

Well, I sent an application on July 18th for Consulate General of Canada in São Paulo to get a Permanent Resident Travel Document. They started processing it on July 28th and after a message that I sent to them, they told me that my application was in process and that they were willing to finish it up to the end of the next week (by August 19th). Do you guys think is there a relation between this application for a PRTD and the fact that I can't see anymore my process on e-cas? What if my process here (Brazil) influenced in some way my process there (Canada)?

Well, I will let you know when I get the response for my PRTD.

Send an inquiry to cic or call them and ask sme tbing u are asking here to see what they say

Brenttristan

Aug 16, 2016
Hello guys,

Here's my case, PR CARD RENEWAL.
Stayed outside Canada 1002 days within 5 years.
My PR Card already expired on Jan. 2016.

1.Nov. 06, 2015 Application sent
2.Feb. 23, 2015 AOR
3.Feb. 24 start processing application
4.Mar. 03 notified for secondary review.

Until now, I haven't heard from them. Is there anybody who has the same situation like me
Who have'nt yet received their pr card? :(

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Hi guys, I described my case four messages before this one. So, if you want details, just go there.

I received today a one year long multiple entries PRTD. I am so relieved right now ;D

My process for PR CARD renewal has been referred for secondary review on May 26th, 2016, my pr card was expired since April 16th, 2016 and I am outside Canada to finish Ph.D. My process is no more available to be seen on e-cas.

Brenttristan, can you still see your process there on e-cas?

I hope so the positive answer that I got from Consulate General of Canada in São Paulo helps in someway my process of PR CARD renewal. For the PRTD application I showed some documents that I did not show when I applied for PR CARD renewal.

I will let you guys know if something changes.

septimius

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Brenttristan said:
Hello guys,

Stayed outside Canada 1002 days within 5 years.
My PR Card already expired on Jan. 2016.

1.Nov. 06, 2015 Application sent
2.Feb. 23, 2015 AOR
3.Feb. 24 start processing application
4.Mar. 03 notified for secondary review.

Until now, I haven't heard from them. Is there anybody who has the same situation like me
Who have'nt yet received their pr card? :(
I have the same timeline and also nothing.

septimius

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
rbrar14 said:
I sent in july 2015 n nothing heard yet. So, for u guys, it could be like 5-7 months of wait
Is your local office Mississauga? Because that's my local office and I'm wondering, is it possible that the lengthy process is something common there. I know that secondary usually takes place at the local office and they have to send their decision back to Sydney.

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
septimius said:
Is your local office Mississauga? Because that's my local office and I'm wondering, is it possible that the lengthy process is something common there. I know that secondary usually takes place at the local office and they have to send their decision back to Sydney.
my 2 years I completed out of 5 was in edmonton, never went to any other city in the country to Live. so, I am assuming my local office is Edmonton one. I dont think it really matters what or where your local office is because It does not take them MONTHS to send back their decison since we live in a tech full of world I am sure that's not the case. What I think could be reason for the delay of SR is that local offices only work on 1-5 applications at a given time which has slowed down the process for ppl waiting for over a year and they dont have enough ppl working on hundreds or thousands of applicants that are stuck in SR.

Agree ?????

Ramik

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Brenttristan & septimius,

I have exactly the same timeline as yours (just slight difference in one of the dates)

1.Nov. 09, 2015 Application sent
2.Feb. 23 start processing application
3.Mar. 03 notified for secondary review.
4.Jun. 09 Requested urgent processing.
5.Jun 28 IRCC sent request for additional documents

Still waiting...

septimius,
My local office is the Mississauga office as well

septimius

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Ramik said:
Brenttristan & septimius,

I have exactly the same timeline as yours (just slight difference in one of the dates)

1.Nov. 09, 2015 Application sent
2.Feb. 23 start processing application
3.Mar. 03 notified for secondary review.
4.Jun. 09 Requested urgent processing.
5.Jun 28 IRCC sent request for additional documents

Still waiting...

septimius,
My local office is the Mississauga office as well
It seems your request worked and they're looking at your file now.

bahaar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
Hello,

I am following this thread for over a year now. I have a dilemma and would appreciate an expert advise.

Stayed inside Canada 820 days within 5 years.
My PR Card already expired on Nov. 2015

Application mailed: August 13, 2015
Application received August 14, 2015 (according to the tracking #)
Email from CIC confirming that my application has been received: January 14, 2016
Received a letter notified of SR, January 21 (That one was quick!)
Nothing since then.
Processing: Never showed up on CIC website. It shows a message that says that my file does not exist.

Requested ATIP notes for my application twice on Feb 2016 and June 2016 and received them by email. There were no remarks or even any progress to gives me hope on both occasions, but at least I know that my file is not lost!
Traveled outside Canada on April 2016 and returned with Travel document. (Issuing time 6 weeks)
I am considering applying for urgent processing now.

My questions:
1- Should I submit a new application+ fully purchased ticket+ a letter explaining why it is becoming an urgent matter now or should I apply through case specific inquiry? Considering that, my case never showed up in CIC website.
2- Do you have any advice for me before I apply?

I do not mind waiting for my PR because I know that I fulfilled my residency obligation and I am currently living and working in Toronto. It is just matter of time for me to receive my renewed PR but not being able to travel for few days to see my elderly father is devastating to me. Besides, after trying PRTD once it is not working for me. I cannot stay outside Canada 6 weeks every time I want to see my father.

jungshan

Apr 2, 2016
Hello,

Today, I received email from IRCC that my application went to secondary review. I am very sad. :(

-stayed in Canada for ~750 days within 5 years until application
-PR CARD expired in 2012.

My timeline is ;

We have received your app on May 12
We sent a AOR on July 17
We have started processing on July 17

I am thinking of requesting urgent processing via case specific inquiry, IRCC Webform.
will the request have a nagative impact (like further delay) to my case?
do you think that it is worwhile trying instead of just waiting and waiting ?

Pls advise what is the best course of action for me to take now?

Thanks

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
jungshan said:
Hello,

Today, I received email from IRCC that my application went to secondary review. I am very sad. :(

-stayed in Canada for ~750 days within 5 years until application
-PR CARD expired in 2012.

My timeline is ;

We have received your app on May 12
We sent a AOR on July 17
We have started processing on July 17

I am thinking of requesting urgent processing via case specific inquiry, IRCC Webform.
will the request have a nagative impact (like further delay) to my case?
do you think that it is worwhile trying instead of just waiting and waiting ?

Pls advise what is the best course of action for me to take now?

Thanks

Hi Jungshan,

Sorry to hear that. Your old PR Card expired in 2012? You were outside Canada? And how you entered back in 2014? This is kind of little bit confusing.
Hopefully, you will not wait so long for getting the renewal.

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
bahaar said:
Hello,

I am following this thread for over a year now. I have a dilemma and would appreciate an expert advise.

Stayed inside Canada 820 days within 5 years.
My PR Card already expired on Nov. 2015

Application mailed: August 13, 2015
Application received August 14, 2015 (according to the tracking #)
Email from CIC confirming that my application has been received: January 14, 2016
Received a letter notified of SR, January 21 (That one was quick!)
Nothing since then.
Processing: Never showed up on CIC website. It shows a message that says that my file does not exist.

Did you use all methods to check?. Did you ask cic agent about this.Mine was in SR but always showed as processing

Requested ATIP notes for my application twice on Feb 2016 and June 2016 and received them by email. There were no remarks or even any progress to gives me hope on both occasions, but at least I know that my file is not lost!

Traveled outside Canada on April 2016 and returned with Travel document. (Issuing time 6 weeks)
I am considering applying for urgent processing now.

My questions:

1- Should I submit a new application+ fully purchased ticket+ a letter explaining why it is becoming an urgent matter now or should I apply through case specific inquiry? Considering that, my case never showed up in CIC website.

would they accept new application if one is already in process according to ATIP

Try to get it appear in cic and appear through case specific enquiry
2- Do you have any advice for me before I apply?

I do not mind waiting for my PR because I know that I fulfilled my residency obligation and I am currently living and working in Toronto. It is just matter of time for me to receive my renewed PR but not being able to travel for few days to see my elderly father is devastating to me. Besides, after trying PRTD once it is not working for me. I cannot stay outside Canada 6 weeks every time I want to see my father.