+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

ASAINI

Star Member
Apr 27, 2010
QRY2016 said:
Hi ezlib, Congratulations. when u submitted the application renewal request in April 2015, did u send the PR card itself with the application? my time line is similar to u but I did not send the PR card as it was not yet expired. I am still waiting for my renewal.
You need not to send the PR card with renewal application.
You are supposed to keep the PR card with you only.

ezlib

Jul 20, 2015
Dear QRY 2016

I did not send my PR card with my renewal - it was not expired when I applied. It expired in the 16 months+ I waited for my renewal. Best of luck!

d4d

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I didnt get time to post this earlier but this is help anyone out there get an idea about how long th process took. The PR card renewal was for my mother and it had expired at the time of application. We had to wait to apply until after expiration basically to meet the residency requirement. the rough timeline is as follow:

Application received: Mid-Feb 2015
Started processing: around 10April 2015
Sent email on the same date above regarding secondary review
No other documents requested
Received the card in mail last week of March 2016.

SO basically took exactly 13 months from the date of application.

I had requested ATIP notes in December 2015 and there was no progress whatsoever. so i am assuming that after just waiting the default period, they approve and mail your card.

urban123

Aug 10, 2016
Hi Everyone,

PR card renewal application was received by CIC on February 18, 2015
CIC began processing the application on April 1, 2015
Received letter from CIC on May 22, 2015 requesting color copies of passport.

Since then, haven't heard anything. Submitted multiple urgent processing requests but never got anywhere further than an email confirming receipt of request. Really hoping that the card will arrive soon.

d4d

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jerry1410 said:
Dear All

I applied for PR renewal in May 2015. Now in August 2016 I have received a letter saying that my application is referred to secondary review and they are asking for more documents. It is mentioned in the letter that the documents should be provided within 30 days or else they will take a decision based on the papers already on file. It is also mentioned in the letter that if the requested documents are not provided then the application will be deemed as abandoned and this would occur after 180 days of the letter date.

Can anybody tell me what does abandoned mean?. Does it mean revocation of the PR Status or that the Renewal application is abandoned and I have to make another application?.

I had engaged a Consultant and paid $ 1200/- to file the renewal application. Now the consultant is telling me that the fee was for a straightforward PR renewal and is regarding the response to this letter as an appeal and is asking for $ 2500/- more. So I decided that I will write to CIC myself.

Any comments or advice or your view on this will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Please do not pay $2500 to an incompetent immigration consultant. If he/she had done the job properly, you shouldnt have received any request for additional documents. However, leaving that behind. if you could share what the letter for additional document is asking, there are a lot of people here on forums who will give you sound advice on what to do. Most of the time from what I have read, the additional details are simple enough like copy copies or address proof etc. I would advice you to at least gather and put together everything yourself first with the support of forum member and if you still feel safer going with an consultant, you can look for someone who is fair and would do a proper job. Everytime you send in anything, my advice is to attach a letter on the top explaining what all the package contains and it what order. This makes the job of the person looking at it at CIC easier which can always go in your favour. I have heard at time that people complaining that what they asked for in additional document has already been submitted. I am assuming they spend very little time on each application and whatever they cant find within a certain time limit, they send out a letter asking for it again. I wish you all the best.

d4d

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
urban123 said:
Hi Everyone,

PR card renewal application was received by CIC on February 18, 2015
CIC began processing the application on April 1, 2015
Received letter from CIC on May 22, 2015 requesting color copies of passport.

Since then, haven't heard anything. Submitted multiple urgent processing requests but never got anywhere further than an email confirming receipt of request. Really hoping that the card will arrive soon.
Generally, calling in to get an update is useless as they will just tell you that it is in secondary review and there is no time limit for processing under that. it is better if you just get the ATIP notes for your application to check yourself if they made any remarks or even any progress on it. here is link to order them:

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

if you live in canada, they are free to order and are mailed to you in around 30 days from the date of application for it.

septimius

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
d4d said:
Generally, calling in to get an update is useless as they will just tell you that it is in secondary review and there is no time limit for processing under that. it is better if you just get the ATIP notes for your application to check yourself if they made any remarks or even any progress on it. here is link to order them:

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

if you live in canada, they are free to order and are mailed to you in around 30 days from the date of application for it.
Yes it seems the status enquiry thing is useless. Has anyone tried the atip?

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Crazy to hear people who submitted in feb 2015 are waiting. Has anyone who submitted in june/july 2015 recieved their card yet ?

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
rbrar14 said:
Crazy to hear people who submitted in feb 2015 are waiting. Has anyone who submitted in june/july 2015 recieved their card yet ?
My application reach to them 11th june 2015 secondary review letter in Nov 2015 after that nothing i called them so many times nothing moved.

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
rbrar14 said:
I applied end date of June 2015 as well and still waiting !!

ivylane

Oct 17, 2015
Hi my timeline is
Received application Feb 2015
Started processing March 31st 2015
Sent letter 31st March 2015 asking for copies of passports
Which they received in April 2015 hVe heard nothing more I have sent case inquiry all they say is there is no maximum time limit to finalise application.

In regards to the Atip is there $5 charge and also which report is there in Atip and also privacy.

I took my son to get his learners driver license at icbc they want permanent resident card as primary Id but our card expired in April 2015 and also they say if we have a letter which is current from cic they will accept that. We only had the letter they sent in March 2015 they will not accept that. If we print of the online application status do you think that will do. Has anybody been in this situation.

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
tonymiz said:
I applied end date of June 2015 as well and still waiting !!
Yeahhh, my timeline is
Applicated recieved on july 2, 2015
Letter on decemeber 11, 2015 ( letter timeline didnt show up before but few weeks ago it showed up now) before they didnt even mention it online when inusrd to check status or when i got the email for coloreed passport proof)
Says started processing on january 11, 2016
Its crazy man. Idk when ill get mine

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
ivylane said:
Hi my timeline is
Received application Feb 2015
Started processing March 31st 2015
Sent letter 31st March 2015 asking for copies of passports
Which they received in April 2015 hVe heard nothing more I have sent case inquiry all they say is there is no maximum time limit to finalise application.

In regards to the Atip is there $5 charge and also which report is there in Atip and also privacy.

I took my son to get his learners driver license at icbc they want permanent resident card as primary Id but our card expired in April 2015 and also they say if we have a letter which is current from cic they will accept that. We only had the letter they sent in March 2015 they will not accept that. If we print of the online application status do you think that will do. Has anybody been in this situation.
I guess I was too optimistic and some people who applied in feb 2015 are still waiting...

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
barabashka said:
I guess I was too optimistic and some people who applied in feb 2015 are still waiting...
Guys,
I noticed that in June, July, & August RICC does not issue too many PR Cards.. I guess too many people go on vacation.
Most of them are issued in sept, oct, Nov.. so hopefully they will come back from vacation and start issuing these PR cards..

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
tonymiz said:
Guys,
I noticed that in June, July, & August RICC does not issue too many PR Cards.. I guess too many people go on vacation.
Most of them are issued in sept, oct, Nov.. so hopefully they will come back from vacation and start issuing these PR cards..
Not necessarily. Lot of people probably font eben come here and post after they recieve the card nor are their such statistics to show.