+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mathlete said:
The reason you are upset is because you feel you are entitled to some corner office position with a high salary and can't understand why this wasn't provided to you. Most Canadians do not have white collar jobs and most Canadians are pretty well educated. This place is really competitive. Being an average-joe programmer/architect/lawyer or whatever is not going to cut it here. On top of that you are an immigrant so you are at a cultural disadvantage, a networking disadvantage, a communication disadvantage and probably an educational disadvantage.
The problem is that the Canadian superiority complex applies across the board, even when it makes no sense. The idea that Canada is so specially different, especially when compared to the U.S., that you need Canadian experience when you're coming from the same time zone is just patently absurd. It doesn't matter that I went to a university, and my wife went to two, that are consistently rated higher than all Canadian universities in pretty much any ranking you can find; the only question any prospective employer cared about when we first moved here was "do you have Canadian experience?"

Getting that coveted corner office? Not a meritocracy.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I really don't see how this law is fighting against the Canadians of convenience.
At least before they were coming to seek benefits when they get old. Now on top of that they will suck the welfare system dry, until they get their passports.
The Canadians of convenience are stubborn people, they will not give up the main idea to take what they want (the citizenship), but now the problem is that they are more instigated to exploit the Canadian social system.

In practice that new law will hit the regular Canadian and the budget of the country.

It seems that the government doesn't consider the fact now how much millions of dollars will go wasted by paying the bills of the Canadians of convenience.

What a weird situation

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
@YorkFactory,
Agree with your post. But for some, its not Canada, its YOU.
Dont be blaming my beloved Canada.

YorkFactory said:
The problem is that the Canadian superiority complex applies across the board, even when it makes no sense. The idea that Canada is so specially different, especially when compared to the U.S., that you need Canadian experience when you're coming from the same time zone is just patently absurd. It doesn't matter that I went to a university, and my wife went to two, that are consistently rated higher than all Canadian universities in pretty much any ranking you can find; the only question any prospective employer cared about when we first moved here was "do you have Canadian experience?"

Getting that coveted corner office? Not a meritocracy.

Martin29

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
One of my friend told effective date of Bill C24 is 29th June 2015.I know there are lots of speculations.But this date I never heard before.So I thought I will post here.He have lot of contacts in immigration. Anybody heard the same date?

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
To me Strengthening Canadian citizenship on Canada day makes most sense. So July 1st could be the best date. And on the plus this date is close to statement that "effective date will be approximately one year from June 19th 2014".

Martin29 said:
One of my friend told effective date of Bill C24 is 29th June 2015.I know there are lots of speculations.But this date I never heard before.So I thought I will post here.He have lot of contacts in immigration. Anybody heard the same date?

aries9811

Jun 6, 2009
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 17,2010 --> Documents Recieved @VO April 2,2010
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
Second AOR 1st May 2010
IELTS Request
March 17,2010
File Transfer...
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Request
Jan 26,2012
Med's Done....
Received @Ottawa Feb 17,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
Im not sure if she said 2014 or 2015. Quiet confused with this overall thing..

Martin29

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
CanadianCountry said:
To me Strengthening Canadian citizenship on Canada day makes most sense. So July 1st could be the best date. And on the plus this date is close to statement that "effective date will be approximately one year from June 19th 2014".
But its a holiday.So it wont be effective on 1st July.I mean govt cannot make it effective on a holiday.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
You are right, so maybe the next working day ie July 2nd makes sense.

Martin29 said:
But its a holiday.So it wont be effective on 1st July.I mean govt cannot make it effective on a holiday.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the cut off date is Canada day, that means that the last day for the 3/4 rule is 30th of June, so the cut off date is possible to be on Canada day, because everything which will be received on the 1st of July and afterwards it will be under the new rules.

By the way Martin29, do you think that this guy who is saying that the date will be on 29th June is a reliable source of information?

I'm asking because you know how much speculations are all over the place... different months... different dates.

I know that the cut off date will not come from the call centre, so your friend might have some insight information.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
In my opinion the last day of June is the cut off.

Referring to the video of Min. Alexander, trying to read between the lines, first he said mplementation date will be starting June, then corrected its not June but summer. So that leaves with July 1st to Sep 22nd. So any date in July. So the earliest date will be 30th June.

Again its all speculation.

zoya_99 said:
I assume it will be 22 June 2015 - first working day of this summer

Martin29

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
I will be eligible only on 25th June.My college starts only in September.Now I am not working so I could go for a vacation but I am staying here just because of this.May be its 19 June or 1st July.If its 19th June it will be a waste of time for me.But at the same time if I go for vacation and later come to know thats it 1st July then I will be much disappointed.

I have some urgent work at home.I wish they announce it soon so that we can avoid unnecessary waiting and plan according.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If that proposed law is at the starting stage http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/immigrantsu2019-personal-information-may-be-shared-under-proposed-law-02-13-15.html

I just don't see how they could make it done Before July. It seems that there is a lot of background work that still needs to be done before they launch it.

Maybe that's why they are still keeping it in mystery, because they also don't have a clue when all that will be done.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm starting to think that they are experiencing some kind of internal multi-institutional organisational problems with this law and that's might be the reason why they still don't want to announce officially the cut off month and date.

It doesn't make any sense to me... we are so close to the red hot zone and still nothing official for such a big change.

I just can't recall similar situation in the past, every time when there was a big change the cut off date have been announced way in advance, but here all that seems very strange.

Martin29

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
Its true.But not many people(I think 0) will be eligible for applying for long time if the rule change from 3 to 4.
Those who completed 3 years all would have already applied and those who didn't complete 3 years have to wait 1 more year.So there will be only very few applicants(Those who already have 4 years or more but not applied yet).
So CIC will get enough time to implement I think.