+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If Harper say it will be effective from...

Then I would believe.

That Minister is not trustworthy , specially on non official video made with a cell phone, it will not be the first time when they change their intentions suddenly on the fly.

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Martin29 said:
What you said is true.My basement mate he migrated with his wife and one kid.First 3 months he worked(wife stayed home).Now both husband and wife are on welfare.Now she is pregnant with second child.I was surprised that when both of them are unemployed how could they afford one more child.This will happen only in Canada.
Why did he quit his job? Was he a skilled worker? What is his status?

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
MUFC said:
The government could have said the cut off date officially long time ago. I still can't believe that they are keeping it deliberately as a mystery when apparently it is very close now. What a nasty game they play against all the eligible people who are ready to apply in April, May, June, July and August.

I still struggle to find any proper answer why they keep the date in mystery when the people know that it will be very soon?
So back when I applied in 2011 I really needed a citizenship because literally every month for 2 days I was in an embassy applying for a visa to go somewhere. Costs a lot of money and even more in time. Why are you in such a hurry to get your passport? I ask because even if you have to wait a year at least processing times have been reduced by two, so what's your hurry?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
mathlete said:
So back when I applied in 2011 I really needed a citizenship because literally every month for 2 days I was in an embassy applying for a visa to go somewhere. Costs a lot of money and even more in time. Why are you in such a hurry to get your passport? I ask because even if you have to wait a year at least processing times have been reduced by two, so what's your hurry?
MUFC has decided not to bother applying for citizenship since he sees no practical reason to get one since he is a EU citizen and has all the same practical benefits (travel) as his EU.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mathlete said:
Few months ago I realize that practically I don't need Canadian passport, because I got access to the same benefits already with my native citizenship ( Visa Free Access, Access to high quality medical care, Freedom to live without any restrictions in 28 countries with different climate...)
I'm making my money online, (I'm working for myself) hence I don't need to be PR or Citizen if I want to come back here anytime I want. I can come as a visitor and stay 6 months per visit.(Absolutely enough time)
My girlfriend (future wife) and my parents don't like to live in Canada, but for short visits they are OK.
So when I've estimated my situation, well practically I don't see any practical benefit to get a Canadian citizenship.

I'm just feeling empathy for all the affected people with this law, because many of them will get practical benefits. I am neutral observer.

Martin29

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
mathlete said:
Why did he quit his job? Was he a skilled worker? What is his status?
They are PR.He is a mechanical engineer and his wife is a Nurse.She have to pass nursing exam to work here as Nurse.So she never worked last 1 year.He tried for good jobs first but didn't get one.First 3 months what I understood is he wont get welfare.So he was forced to work in factory to pay the bills.He was working in a factory through agency.He quit after 3 months because its heavy.After 3 months I think he started getting welfare for a family.

I wont blame him.I am a Software Engineer.I worked as a computer programmer in Dubai for 2 years before migration to Canada.Here I couldn't find an IT job or not even an office boy job.I ended up working in a factory through agency lifting heavy boxes for 11.45/hour.I worked there for 15 months.But I quit because I had a back injury and I got so sick.They make you work like machines.We are not used to hard labor.

But I am not on welfare.Never took.I pay my bills from my savings.Maybe he don't have any savings.

If Canada allow skilled workers to migrate if there is unemployment/underemployment then I think Canada have to pay welfare for them.You cannot bring skilled workers if the job availability in Canada is for labors.

I forgot all my skills in last 3 years.Never worked in my field last 3 years.I wont get an IT job even back home now.My career got spoiled because of migration to Canada.I am planning to go to College once more.Thats my only hope now.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Martin29,
that's why I feel angry when I see how many newcomers are paying such a big price for that citizenship.
Health damages...
Financial damages...
Moral damages...
Self esteem damages...

And all that for that citizenship... WOW.

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Martin29 said:
They are PR.He is a mechanical engineer and his wife is a Nurse.She have to pass nursing exam to work here as Nurse.So she never worked last 1 year.He tried for good jobs first but didn't get one.First 3 months what I understood is he wont get welfare.So he was forced to work in factory to pay the bills.He was working in a factory through agency.He quit after 3 months because its heavy.After 3 months I think he started getting welfare for a family.

I wont blame him.I am a Software Engineer.I worked as a computer programmer in Dubai for 2 years before migration to Canada.Here I couldn't find an IT job or not even an office boy job.I ended up working in a factory through agency lifting heavy boxes for 11.45/hour.I worked there for 15 months.But I quit because I had a back injury and I got so sick.They make you work like machines.We are not used to hard labor.

But I am not on welfare.Never took.I pay my bills from my savings.Maybe he don't have any savings.

If Canada allow skilled workers to migrate if there is unemployment/underemployment then I think Canada have to pay welfare for them.You cannot bring skilled workers if the job availability in Canada is for labors.

I forgot all my skills in last 3 years.Never worked in my field last 3 years.I wont get an IT job even back home now.My career got spoiled because of migration to Canada.I am planning to go to College once more.Thats my only hope now.
Couple things: Why did you come to Canada in the first place if you never had a job lined up? Did you lose your job? Your friend the mechanical engineer did he have a job lined up when he first came here?

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
@ mathlete,
Majority of the skilled workers do not have a job lined up before they come. Its not to say its their fault but it is near to impossible to secure a job from overseas. Very few do come with a job already waiting for them but these people would be very few.

If i had to guess how many come without a job lined up for them, my guess will 99% or more.

Then you might ask why come, because when the PR is granted you get a few months to make the call to move or not, whether you secured a job or not. The time allowed is not like ok come in next 5 years or 10 years when you have the job. Its mostly 6 months or 1 year and people have to make a call to go without a job OR forget about their Canada dream.

mathlete said:
Couple things: Why did you come to Canada in the first place if you never had a job lined up? Did you lose your job? Your friend the mechanical engineer did he have a job lined up when he first came here?

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Re: Effective date of Bill C24

@mathlete,

Oh maybe you never heard about the most common question asked to immigrants in interview:

" Q) Do you have Canadian work experience? "

Imagine answering this question when you haven't even stepped on Canadian soil.

mathlete said:

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013

CanadianCountry said:
@ mathlete,

Oh maybe you never heard about the most common question asked to immigrants in interview:

" Q) Do you have Canadian work experience? "

Imagine answering this question when you haven't even stepped on Canadian soil.
I personally conduct over a hundred interviews a year for tech positions and I've never asked anyone that question.

I completely agree it is going to be nearly impossible to randomly find a job from overseas but you cannot just show up in a completely new country and expect employment. I moved here as an undergraduate and found Canada to be quite a cultural adjustment. The differences are subtle but networking and social conformity and necessary to securing a job. This is true in any country. You are competing for positions with people who have been here their whole lives and grew up here. Whether or not have you "Canadian experience" employers want to know you will be a "good fit" for the company. That means you are easily understood (hard with an accent sometimes, I try to sound more Canadian) and can understand what you are being asked the first time. There are many other factors as well.

I think it is incredibly naive for people who expect to come here as skilled workers when 50% of the adult Canadian population have a higher education and land a job. I also find it weird how people who fail to find gainful employment don't just go back to their countries of origin where they can "find work easily".

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most of the so called Canadians of convenience are going abroad after they apply for citizenship. The reason they are leaving Canada is that they are better abroad , that's why they don't want to live here anymore, because they are working something better which pays them better.

Now with this law their intentions are like "OK we gonna stay on Welfare until the Oath." Because they will not leave until they get at least the citizenship.

And the government in practice is helping the Canadian of convenience , because the government is the one who will pay their bills until the Oath. Many of the CoCs say now " Perfect, we gonna extend our family vacation in Canada by doing nothing for another 2 years and meanwhile the government will pay us."

Now the Canadians of convenience will hurt Canada even more.

That's why I don't see how this law is fighting against them, when practically this law is a big favour for the CoCs.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes

@mathlete,
The reason you never asked that question is that you yourself are an immigrant hence know how stupid that question is. So you tried to gauge conformity of the individual to the company/country culture through other questions. You were open and gave more chances to qualified candidates. But that's not the reality on the streets.

I have heard from many that this question was the only question they were asked and no to this question meant no chance.

mathlete said:
I personally conduct over a hundred interviews a year for tech positions and I've never asked anyone that question.

I completely agree it is going to be nearly impossible to randomly find a job from overseas but you cannot just show up in a completely new country and expect employment. I moved here as an undergraduate and found Canada to be quite a cultural adjustment. The differences are subtle but networking and social conformity and necessary to securing a job. This is true in any country. You are competing for positions with people who have been here their whole lives and grew up here. Whether or not have you "Canadian experience" employers want to know you will be a "good fit" for the company. That means you are easily understood (hard with an accent sometimes, I try to sound more Canadian) and can understand what you are being asked the first time. There are many other factors as well.

I think it is incredibly naive for people who expect to come here as skilled workers when 50% of the adult Canadian population have a higher education and land a job. I also find it weird how people who fail to find gainful employment don't just go back to their countries of origin where they can "find work easily".

Martin29

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/brutal-winter-and-a-jobless-immigrant-family-t272380.0.html

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Martin29 said:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/brutal-winter-and-a-jobless-immigrant-family-t272380.0.html
thousands of immigrant families are in the same situation, no doubts..... :(