20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Martin29 said:
Sponsor support for spouse is for 3 years.10 years is for others.My cousin was sponsored by his aunt.Its for 10 years.I read now if you sponsor parents its for 20 years.
Yes it's 10 years for non-spouse. My 3 year reference was for mathlete. He mentioned about his wife having to be responsible for him for 5 years. I only corrected him that it is either 10 years or 3 years for spousal PR depending on when one landed.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Martin29 said:
I never took welfare because I felt I don't want to live on charity.I will work as long as I am capable to work.I never took a single dollar from the government in last 3 years.Never even went to a doctor for health benefits.At the same time I gave lot of money to government as tax, EI, CPP even when I was doing heavy labour job.Sometimes I think what benefits Canada gave me in return? Zero.

But sometimes taking welfare have advantage.My room mate started taking welfare and soon govt started sending him for training etc and now the govt is more eager to get him placed than him.Because now Govt is paying him from its pocket.I hope he will get a good job soon.Those who do labor job for survival will continue doing it for ever.Govt wont bother.
That is why welfare was changed so that it forces them to look for jobs and if a job came along and you didn't take it, you are liable to lose welfare.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
That is why welfare was changed so that it forces them to look for jobs and if a job came along and you didn't take it, you are liable to lose welfare.
Do you know what they do in that case... The CoCs will make sure that they will lose the job fast so they can go back on the system, because the system can't refuse you a welfare if you don't have income... and the cycle is on again and again....

They suck the system dry

aries9811

Jun 6, 2009
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 17,2010 --> Documents Recieved @VO April 2,2010
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
Second AOR 1st May 2010
IELTS Request
March 17,2010
File Transfer...
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Request
Jan 26,2012
Med's Done....
Received @Ottawa Feb 17,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
THE EFFECTIVE DATE is 19th JUNE FOR EVERYONE.. thats the LAW IS in EFFECT for EVERYONE

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aries9811 said:
THE EFFECTIVE DATE is 19th JUNE FOR EVERYONE.. thats the LAW IS in EFFECT for EVERYONE
The source is I guess another very good informed call centre clerk and of course no official information about this I guess?

I love the way the call agents keep on speculating, yesterday it was July, August... today is June... the date before yesterday it was April or May.

Why do you waste time calling them when its obvious that they don't know?

aries9811

Jun 6, 2009
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
Second AOR 1st May 2010
IELTS Request
March 17,2010
File Transfer...
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Request
Jan 26,2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
19th June 2015. She was saying that ....it you have 1095 days before that you qualify under Old Rule. Otherwise you qualify under NEW RULE.

aries9811

Jun 6, 2009
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
Second AOR 1st May 2010
IELTS Request
March 17,2010
File Transfer...
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Request
Jan 26,2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
ha ha...Why do I call them..? Why and What are they getting paid for..? if they don't even give some speculated response.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK we will wait for the real cut off month and date. For now it is sure that it will not be before Mid-April.

If you want to believe on a speculations from the call centre that is your will and you have right to believe it.

I don't trust speculations because the date will jump out from a completely different place and that place will not be the call centre.

Sometimes I wonder why they (the call centre clerks) are lying the people.
Every time different months different dates.

Maybe they are sick of how many people are asking that question about the cut off month and date.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aries9811 said:
ha ha...Why do I call them..? Why and What are they getting paid for..? if they don't even give some speculated response.
Frankly many times I'm wondering the same question. Why this call centre is giving misleading information on a constant basis, not only for the cut off month and date but for special individual questions concerning an application which is already in process?
Instead of speculating they can just tell the truth "We don't know, just like you guys."

Martin29

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
Call center people should not be giving a date until its officially declared.Thats so stupid if they do.Thats bad work ethics.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Moreover these calls are recorded for quality and training purposes.

Which call center agent would want to face the heat for lying and leaving a trace. I think the instructions to say whichever date is coming from the higher ups. The agents are being told to say which ever date they feel like.

Martin29 said:
Call center people should not be giving a date until its officially declared.Thats so stupid if they do.Thats bad work ethics.

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
MUFC said:
Exactly.
Frankly that's why I really don't see how this law is increasing the value of the Canadian citizenship, because it will instigate the CoCs to start sucking from the budget even more.
Moreover they will make sure that the quantity of CoCs is even more , because they are obliged to stay here physically now.

At least before they were out of the country, but now they will hit the budget even harder every month.
I think the problem you are referring to is pretty complicated. I started a business here about 4 years ago with 100% FDI. We employ around 30 full time Canadians and PRs with a monthly payroll of around $150k. My business partner at the time we opened our doors could not qualify for any type of a work permit (sorry we are all out entrepreneurial, investor, skilled you name it). In the end we employed his wife and he got a spousal visa as she was American and qualified under NAFTA.

Then I read about all these people who somehow made it into Canada and are sucking the system dry and I have no idea how they got in here to do that in the first place. We tried to employ one international as a sponsored application and couldn't even get a favorable Labor Market Opinion 3 months later and $10k on a lawyer. Even then the only jobs you can really get someone in here to do must pay reasonably well, minimum is 60K I think although it depends on the position. I remember we had to offer (what we thought was) above market for the LMO.

At university in Toronto there were a lot of international students who were looking to get PR, then citizenship and go home. These were the CoCs but none of them were welfare hogs and most got decent jobs after graduation.

I think we need to look at the source of this problem. Is it even a problem? Are there a bunch of PRs on welfare? If so how many? What are they costing us? How did they get PR? If it was economic what happened to their high paying job? If it is sponsored what happened to the guarantor? A lot of what's been said here doesn't make sense to me.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
I don't know if we all are living in the same Canada, but i have heard people are getting Labor Market Opinion for even basic jobs that pay only 30-40k per year.

mathlete said:
I think the problem you are referring to is pretty complicated. I started a business here about 4 years ago with 100% FDI. We employ around 30 full time Canadians and PRs with a monthly payroll of around $150k. My business partner at the time we opened our doors could not qualify for any type of a work permit (sorry we are all out entrepreneurial, investor, skilled you name it). In the end we employed his wife and he got a spousal visa as she was American and qualified under NAFTA.

Then I read about all these people who somehow made it into Canada and are sucking the system dry and I have no idea how they got in here to do that in the first place. We tried to employ one international as a sponsored application and couldn't even get a favorable Labor Market Opinion 3 months later and $10k on a lawyer. Even then the only jobs you can really get someone in here to do must pay reasonably well, minimum is 60K I think although it depends on the position. I remember we had to offer (what we thought was) above market for the LMO.

At university in Toronto there were a lot of international students who were looking to get PR, then citizenship and go home. These were the CoCs but none of them were welfare hogs and most got decent jobs after graduation.

I think we need to look at the source of this problem. Is it even a problem? Are there a bunch of PRs on welfare? If so how many? What are they costing us? How did they get PR? If it was economic what happened to their high paying job? If it is sponsored what happened to the guarantor? A lot of what's been said here doesn't make sense to me.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mathlete said:
I think the problem you are referring to is pretty complicated.

The sucking from the budget from the CoCs is a big problem in Canada I was also amazed how many PR are on the system. They are definitely not sponsored ones because they are not eligible for welfare.
Most of them are PR skilled worker who are not willing to work general labour or something underpaid, instead they just stay at home and chill with their families and counting the days to apply for the citizenship.
Once they got the citizenship they are out, because they see that there is no reason to stay, but meanwhile when we calculate how much money they've sucked out from the system in total... man the total number will be pretty big one.

And all the money are coming in their pockets for free.

That for me is a big issue, which doesn't keep the value up of the Canadian citizenship.
Instead the CoCs bring a lot of expenses for the government, because the government is paying their bills all the time when they are on welfare.