+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On the other hand let's don't forget the notice of intend which was published officially in the gazette from 14th of March. that notice actually created a lot of confusion, because now nobody can tell is that the notice everyone was waiting for or there will be another one in the foreseeable future.

Because from the language of that notice is seems that they are ready with all the preparation and we should expect the cut off date very soon. (Definitely NOT before Mid-April, but anytime after that)

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
asaif said:
If having a job offer is going to be the basis for accepting immigration applications, most of the immigrants will come here as fast food and agricultural workers. The next day those workers get citizenship they will quit and look for better jobs or live on welfare. The reasons that made these jobs unattractive to many original Canadians in the first place are the same ones that will make them also unattractive to newly naturalized Canadians. Just look at the temporary foreign worker program statistics and you'll see what the business community in Canada is looking for: cheap, exploitable and easily-dumpable workers. This is the real mismatch between the expectations of employers and those of immigrants and not the alleged skills gap. Most immigrants are, in fact, over-qualified for the jobs they apply for, but employers are not looking for more qualifications but for less labor cost and rights to be able to compete in the global markets without affecting their bottom lines.

Without an apartheid regime where some segments of the society are forced perpetually to do the kind of jobs that no one wants to, the immigration/citizenship system will never be (and shall not be) the answer to labor-shortage problem of the private sector. A good analogy would be expecting immigrants to live in the arctic regions of Canada where few white Canadians want to live. Immigrants will be willing to accept this requirement until they get the citizenship and they will move south or run away. An immigration policy should be built on a strategic vision of the nation's future and not on the short-sighted considerations of the business community. Short-term problems have to be addressed through short-term solutions like the TFWP.
of

You do realize that is how the US works for essentially all of its skilled work permits right? There is no such thing as getting a Green Card in the US as you arrive unless its through lottery.

Its funny how everyone critizes Canada as lacking opportunity while holding the US up as the gold standard, and then scoff at the suggestion we adopt the US immigration system.

US immigration = H1B. You lose your job, you go home. No benefits, no citizenship no hanging around to find a new position.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Canada tends to sync its immigration program along the lines what Australia and maybe what New Zealand are doing.

Australia gives permanent residency from day one.

US system is not comparable with Canadian one.

mathlete said:
of

You do realize that is how the US works for essentially all of its skilled work permits right? There is no such thing as getting a Green Card in the US as you arrive unless its through lottery.

Its funny how everyone critizes Canada as lacking opportunity while holding the US up as the gold standard, and then scoff at the suggestion we adopt the US immigration system.

US immigration = H1B. You lose your job, you go home. No benefits, no citizenship no hanging around to find a new position.

na123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2014
CanadianCountry said:
Canada tends to sync its immigration program along the lines what Australia and maybe what New Zealand are doing.

I gave up on that guy, please just ignore him and let him say what he wants.

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
CanadianCountry said:

You actually have it backwards. NZ and Australia modeled its immigration system after Canada. Canada invented the points based system. And yes the US system is completely different however it is comparable.

The problem with the Canadian system is the government chooses workers for the private sector. This used to work out okay, it no longer does because these people cannot find work in the private sector. In the US system the private sector selects workers and then sponsors the applicant in usually through an H1-B. This works a lot better imo.

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
na123 said:
I gave up on that guy, please just ignore him and let him say what he wants.
Sure man I'm out of here. Enjoy living in your conspiratorial dream world where you think some bogey men lured you to a far away place so they could make a few bucks off you in fees only to make you miserable and pay thousand in welfare because they are just a bunch of evil racists.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
@ mathlete,
Read up about South African "dompass", will be an interesting read. You can draw many similarities between H1B and dumpass system.

Since you are a South African, thought will be of some interest.

mathlete said:
You actually have it backwards. NZ and Australia modeled its immigration system after Canada. Canada invented the points based system. And yes the US system is completely different however it is comparable.

The problem with the Canadian system is the government chooses workers for the private sector. This used to work out okay, it no longer does because these people cannot find work in the private sector. In the US system the private sector selects workers and then sponsors the applicant in usually through an H1-B. This works a lot better imo.

na123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2014
mathlete said:
Sure man I'm out of here. Enjoy living in your conspiratorial dream world where you think some bogey men lured you to a far away place so they could make a few bucks off you in fees only to make you miserable and pay thousand in welfare because they are just a bunch of evil racists.
Look you hate immigrants and we get it.

Just FYI I have studied in Canada and I got 2 masters degrees as an international student. I am working in a "white collar" job and I get close to 100K, and I don't complain about the taxes as I am grateful to Canada. Unlike you I sympathize with some of the people who immigrate and they have it difficult or bad over here because yes some of them were misled. I hate those who come here who leach on welfare and don't contribute to society but also unlike you I don't generalize that every immigrant is here just to do that.

Maybe this is too difficult for you to understand but most immigrants come here are skilled and are willing to come and work and build there life here, but then they encounter someone like you with no heart and sympathy and brings misery on their life.

This topic is about Bill C-24 and I don't think it concerns you, yet you feel the need to come here and keep spreading your hate.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So the main key according to me is when the proposed changes will be done in order proper determination of the cut off month and date.
The changes are mentioned here and all that it seems needs to be done before the effective date.

http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2015/2015-02-28/html/reg1-eng.php

For me it seems a lot of work still to be done if they haven't started yet before March... if that background work is almost done then we can expect the cut off date very soon.

Martin29

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
I was against the Bill C24.But now I support it.I just wish govt should declare the effective date asap so that people can plan their future.
I read in news that the new rule came because of issues in Lebanon,Syria etc.Canada govt found that 1000s of Canadians Citizens are living in Lebanon.They used Canadian for convenience.

Canadian for convenience is not Canadian citizen living abroad.People misunderstand.Canadian citizen can live anywhere he wants.He have that freedom.Canadian for convenience means those who got canadian citizenship without physical presence in Canada.

Most of them came here & got PR and then returned back to home country and after 3 years applied for citizenship.Thats what really happened. I think most of them didn't have physical presence of 3 years in Canada.

My previous boss(in Dubai) and all his children are Canadian citizen(from Syria).They never lived in Canada for 3 years.I am sure about it.Because they are high profile business people.They cannot stay in Canada for 3 years out of 4 years when they have such a big business to look after in Dubai.

So mandatory physical presence and more years will help Canada to avoid such Canadian for convenience.

I also know lot of people return back to Dubai immediately after getting PR.They later becomes citizens without living in Canada.

People who never lived in Canada are now Canadian citizens. So we who really lived here to get a citizenship will become fools.So its good to make it strong.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Thats all good. But i wont see a justification in the govt actions until govt tries to recoup the repatriation costs from the Lebanese incident.

Martin29 said:
I was against the Bill C24.But now I support it.I just wish govt should declare the effective date asap so that people can plan their future.
I read in news that the new rule came because of issues in Lebanon,Syria etc.Canada govt found that 1000s of Canadians Citizens are living in Lebanon.They used Canadian for convenience.

Canadian for convenience is not Canadian citizen living abroad.People misunderstand.Canadian citizen can live anywhere he wants.He have that freedom.Canadian for convenience means those who got canadian citizenship without physical presence in Canada.

Most of them came here & got PR and then returned back to home country and after 3 years applied for citizenship.Thats what really happened. I think most of them didn't have physical presence of 3 years in Canada.

My previous boss(in Dubai) and all his children are Canadian citizen(from Syria).They never lived in Canada for 3 years.I am sure about it.Because they are high profile business people.They cannot stay in Canada for 3 years out of 4 years when they have such a big business to look after in Dubai.

So mandatory physical presence and more years will help Canada to avoid such Canadian for convenience.

I also know lot of people return back to Dubai immediately after getting PR.They later becomes citizens without living in Canada.

People who never lived in Canada are now Canadian citizens. So we who really lived here to get a citizenship will become fools.So its good to make it strong.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The only thing that irritates me is that most of these people will keep their citizenship like nothing happened, but for their actions future innocent applicants have to pay the price.

It seems somehow unfair.

The other thing that makes me wondered is why the government didn't change the law earlier , why they have planned the change for the federal election year? They could have changed the law long time ago, because they don't know these facts from yesterday.

Dirty Political Games.

And on top of that the cut off date and month are still unknown.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Atleast the $100 million spent that started all of this (the bill c24) should come back to Canada.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/94m-for-lebanon-rescue-but-canadian-evacuee-grateful-1.627646

Martin29 said:

2_of_5

Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
27-06-2013
Martin29 said:
Its true.But not many people(I think 0) will be eligible for applying for long time if the rule change from 3 to 4.
Those who completed 3 years all would have already applied and those who didn't complete 3 years have to wait 1 more year.So there will be only very few applicants(Those who already have 4 years or more but not applied yet).
So CIC will get enough time to implement I think.
Not quite, there are more than you may think. I landed on June 27, 2013. I took two weeks vacation outside of Canada last year before C-24 was passed. If it goes into effect at the first of July, I will have to wait not one, but TWO extra years, because of a few days gap. My pre-PR time will be stripped from me.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The idea that they don't want to give any notice in order to surprise the last minute flush applicants, is not the case anymore, because we see a pretty good notice from the gazette from 14th of March.

Now the situation looks controversial for the future eligible to apply people, because the cut off date might be literally few weeks away.