20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
MUFC said:
The idea that they don't want to give any notice in order to surprise the last minute flush applicants, is not the case anymore, because we see a pretty good notice from the gazette from 14th of March.

Now the situation looks controversial for the future eligible to apply people, because the cut off date might be literally few weeks away.
Just because the 30 day notice for feedback on the gazette doesn't mean that they will apply the 30 day notice of official deadline. It would be nice if they did but not the rule. CIC can still give very little notice of 1 week if they choose to.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They say that after the comment period the regulations will be published in Part II. It's open ended question in which edition of Part II they will publish it... it might be the next one after the comment period or it might be sometime in the summer if they are not ready with the background work.

Really confusing signals from the gazette.

Destined

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looks like the effective date will be in June...

"With Ottawa's anti-fraud immigration agenda, some of the most controversial changes — requiring citizenship applicants to be present in Canada for four years out of six (rather than three years out of four), and raising the age of exemption from language and citizenship tests to 65, from 55 —won’t come into force until June."

http://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2015/03/24/canada-faces-dramatic-drop-in-citizenship-prompting-concerns-about-disengaged-immigrants.html

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Destined said:

"With Ottawa's anti-fraud immigration agenda, some of the most controversial changes — requiring citizenship applicants to be present in Canada for four years out of six (rather than three years out of four), and raising the age of exemption from language and citizenship tests to 65, from 55 —won't come into force until June."

http://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2015/03/24/canada-faces-dramatic-drop-in-citizenship-prompting-concerns-about-disengaged-immigrants.html
It is quite possible that it is in June even June 19th since it would fit in the 1 year after June 19th 2014 royal ascent date. The reporter who wrote the article could be making the same assumption to be June. So unless the reporter has inside information on the date and reveal where the source came from, it is still anyone's guess.

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Destined said:

"With Ottawa's anti-fraud immigration agenda, some of the most controversial changes — requiring citizenship applicants to be present in Canada for four years out of six (rather than three years out of four), and raising the age of exemption from language and citizenship tests to 65, from 55 —won't come into force until June."

either that was a subtle hint or big slip-up

na123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2014
It could also be June 1st since it is a monday and it is in the "approximate" one year time frame. I the May/June period there will be a lot of nervous applicants, including me. I am not sure if I should start preparing my file or not. ???

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That article is just another personal speculation from a journalist. I wouldn't take that as an official statement.

The cut off month and date might be completely different at the end.

There is nothing official to confirm that the month will be June.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
na123 said:
It could also be June 1st since it is a monday and it is in the "approximate" one year time frame. I the May/June period there will be a lot of nervous applicants, including me. I am not sure if I should start preparing my file or not. ???
You can always be proactive and gather your documents together. Once you meet the qualification date under the old rule, apply. If deadline ends up making you fall under new rules, at least you were proactive and prepared. Better prepared than sorry.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The way I see the whole situation is that from Mid-April until August everybody have a chance to apply until they finally announce the cut off month and date officially.

It is really an open ended question, because the speculations are flying still all over the place.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
MUFC said:
The way I see the whole situation is that from Mid-April until August everybody have a chance to apply until they finally announce the cut off month and date officially.

It is really an open ended question, because the speculations are flying still all over the place.
It'd be funny if they announce in Oct that the cutoff was in June, and return/reject every application received after June as ineligible :p

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
They can do that. They did the same to some of the applicants, one was the case below:

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=Wt0RVZKgL86myASD84KgCw&url=http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/vasco-castela-loses-job-may-have-to-leave-canada-over-immigration-mix-up-1.2948860&ved=0CCEQqQIoADAC&usg=AFQjCNFQ45UKPdNoXSfl9wiFOLEKC3rnDQ

ZingyDNA said:
It'd be funny if they announce in Oct that the cutoff was in June, and return/reject every application received after June as ineligible :p

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ZingyDNA said:
Implementing a change retroactively is also part of their arsenal :)

But here I have a suspicion that they are experiencing some kind of internal organisational problems and that's why even they don't know the real cut off date and month.
They can't make it effective before all the changes are done.

Something is wrong here ...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

MUFC said:
Implementing a change retroactively is also part of their arsenal :)

But here I have a suspicion that they are experiencing some kind of internal organisational problems and that's why even they don't know the real cut off date and month.
They can't make it effective before all the changes are done.

Something is wrong here ...
1. In most departments in Canada, the Gov't doesn't announce the implementation date of legislation until the date of implementation or a couple of days before.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

1. In most departments in Canada, the Gov't doesn't announce the implementation date of legislation until the date of implementation or a couple of days before.
Well the way they are doing their work just prove that they can set the cut off date anytime after Mid-April onwards. From the official messages so far they have never mentioned even the cut off month.

What a cruel game against the people who are interested to apply.

I agree with you PMM, that it's possible the mystery to continue until the very last moment. That moment might be from Mid-April until August.