Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
"Take here in Canada. Having a high school diploma is no longer the norm to get a minimum wage job now."

Well if this is true, something is broken somewhere which needs fixing.

MUFC said:
The government just want to keep more heads in the country. They know how much people are leaving short after the oath. This is how the government admits that something is wrong here but they will never say it directly because the image of Canada will be very hurt.

bkara

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Med's Done....
June 2013
Interview........
Sept 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
CanadianCountry said:
"Take here in Canada. Having a high school diploma is no longer the norm to get a minimum wage job now."

Well if this is true, something is broken somewhere which needs fixing.
I dunno man!.This bill c-24 really pisses me off and make me think of leaving canada after I get my degree and passport.

The government suppose to give a notice and say hey! May 1st,the new law is in effect, so we don`t prepare any paper now and rush.

so dumb decisions made by the CIC

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Well according to some the students, temp foreign workers etc have no place in Canada. They are not on the path to citizenship and are not here for citizenship. Ask the temp foreign workers that IF their path to citizenship is closed, i believe more than 90% of them will leave in a day.

bkara said:
I dunno man!.This bill c-24 really pisses me off and make me think of leaving canada after I get my degree and passport.

The government suppose to give a notice so we don`t prepare any paper now and rush.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bkara said:

The government suppose to give a notice and say hey! May 1st,the new law is in effect, so we don`t prepare any paper now and rush.

so dumb decisions made by the CIC
In practice they are playing a nasty game with all the people who will be eligible to apply in April, May, June, July and August, they deliberately don't want to say the month and the date.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
CanadianCountry said:
Well according to some the students, temp foreign workers etc have no place in Canada. They are not on the path to citizenship and are not here for citizenship. Ask the temp foreign workers that IF their path to citizenship is closed, i believe more than 90% of them will leave in a day.
To be honest, the temporary worker program was being abused. Shouldn't have expanded beyond agricultural work.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Absolutely, Canada does not need any other professionals other than field workers basically daily wage labor to work the fields.

screech339 said:
To be honest, the temporary worker program was being abused. Shouldn't have expanded beyond agricultural work.

bkara

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Med's Done....
June 2013
Interview........
Sept 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
CanadianCountry said:
Absolutely, Canada does not need any other professionals other than field workers basically daily wage labor to work the fields.
that is called slavery my friend :) you take the people that have lower status than you,and don`t allow the ones to come that have better stuff than you.(such as education,wealth)

anyways,hopefull we`ll hear a notice soon from the CIC regarding the BC24

Martin29

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
When I became PR in 2012 I got 2 sheets of paper congratulating me for my PR and with information like I have to stay 2 years out of 5 years to renew PR etc.In that sheet its written I will be eligible for citizenship if I am present in Canada for 3 years(old rule).

My question is when I got PR if I was informed that I can become a citizenship with 3 years stay in Canada and almost after 3 year if they change it to 4 years is it fair?

People decided to migrate to a country based on the promises they get.Once we migrate and after few years if they change it then thats really bad.

My opinion is those who got PR before Bill C24 became law should be excluded from the new rule.Otherwise Canada Government will become a government which do not keep promises to new immigrants.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Martin29 said:
When I became PR in 2012 I got 2 sheets of paper congratulating me for my PR and with information like I have to stay 2 years out of 5 years to renew PR etc.In that sheet its written I will be eligible for citizenship if I am present in Canada for 3 years(old rule).

My question is when I got PR if I was informed that I can become a citizenship with 3 years stay in Canada and almost after 3 year if they change it to 4 years is it fair?

People decided to migrate to a country based on the promises they get.Once we migrate and after few years if they change it then thats really bad.

My opinion is those who got PR before Bill C24 became law should be excluded from the new rule.Otherwise Canada Government will become a government which do not keep promises to new immigrants.
Key word here is "Qualify". You were really informed that you qualify for apply for citizenship. That said, at the time of landing, the law of the land says you qualify for citizenship after 3 years. The law does not say you are guaranteed 3 years after landing.

Let look at it another way. Suppose the government changed the rules to qualify for citizenship after 2 years. According to you, you would have to wait 3 years to qualify because you were informed 3 years when you landed. Are you going to complain that you have to wait 3 years or are you going to be happy that you didn't have to wait 3 years? If you were forced to wait for 3 years while everyone else get 2 years, you would be demanding that you get to apply after 2 years not 3 years.

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Martin29 said:

I think everyone here is completely missing the point. Everyone is all hung about about this extra year of physical presents you need and are completely ignoring the fact that wait times are 2 years for standard applications and 3 years for "non-routine". What is the point of applying after 3 years (like I did) only to have to wait over another 3 years for your application to be processed? Rather wait and extra year and get your citizenship within 12 months with no citizenship judges, Residence questions or uncertainty.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
bkara said:
then people wonder why people leave canada or prefer USA to canada when they become citizens.Because of these stupid mistakes the government makes.

Personally,If I get a job in Germany or in the US or in China,I`ll leave canada and see how life is in those countries with my canadian passport and yes! canadian passport is a leverage in this example.
You do realize that the problem here in Canada with grad students getting all the minimum jobs is the same in Germany, China, and even the US. It doesn't matter what country you are in, when population outgrows the number of jobs, competition dictates that the higher level of education you have, the better the chance you get a scarce higher paying job.

There are a number of factors that contribute to the problem with unemployment in Canada and yes in other countries.

1. Removal of Mandatory Retirement. – This causes delays / prevents job promotions. If a top level employee is forced to retire, opportunities arise for everyone to move up the ranks (salaries).

2. The belief that university degree guarantees a high paying job. Thus a flood of grads with degrees with no jobs waiting for them. Ontario is producing more teacher grads than there are job demand / openings for them. People forget that supply/demand system also applies to job positions/employment not just to products/markets.

3. Spoiled generations believing they deserved a starting 40-50 grand salary after graduation with no work experience. Poor work ethics.

4. The belief of spoiled generations that manual labour job is beneath them. Thus no-one wants to do it including youths. This is re-enforced by parents/schools pushing that belief on to them. This forces company to look outside the country looking for someone willing to take the job, thus the temporary worker program got expanded.

5. Cost of living increases due to population growth and limited living accommodations. When population increases in a limited space, the higher the cost of housing (rent/houses) will go. This means less disposable income to spend on anything else.

There are other factors as well but these are some of the contributions of unemployment/stagnate economy.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mathlete said:
I think everyone here is completely missing the point. Everyone is all hung about about this extra year of physical presents you need and are completely ignoring the fact that wait times are 2 years for standard applications and 3 years for "non-routine". What is the point of applying after 3 years (like I did) only to have to wait over another 3 years for your application to be processed? Rather wait and extra year and get your citizenship within 12 months with no citizenship judges, Residence questions or uncertainty.
I think that the problem is that nobody believes that the government will keep that promise with the fast processing times.

Introducing Intend to reside it is logical that they will want to be convinced that the applicants will have genuine intend to reside.

How they will be convinced if they start to give away the citizenship faster by knowing that short after the oath many people will leave.

There is no point of intend to reside if they will give citizenship in a short timeframe after the submission of the application.

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
MUFC said:
I think that the problem is that nobody believes that the government will keep that promise with the fast processing times.

Introducing Intend to reside it is logical that they will want to be convinced that the applicants will have genuine intend to reside.

How they will be convinced if they start to give away the citizenship faster by knowing that short after the oath many people will leave.

There is no point of intend to reside if they will give citizenship in a short timeframe after the submission of the application.
You argument is a little bit self-contradictory. Yes wait times are lower, but at the same time residence requirements are higher so I think those two factors off-set that time frame uncertainty. I'd be a LOT happier knowing that in 12 months or less I get my citizenship as opposed to someone telling me it will be anywhere from now until 4 years from now. Oh and if you miss that 1 week notice letter to write a test or take an oath add at least 6 months onto that.

I don't trust the government to do anything right but wait times have been decreasing and backlog application have too. They say this year the backlog will be eliminated so there is evidence to suggest the new system is working.

Finally Bill C24 brings some sensible criteria into the mix. The current method of applying for citizenship is asinine. All that form asks you is how long you've been a resident essentially, and hence necessitates the dreaded RQ.

Let's ask ourselves who would have genuine intent to reside in Canada?
These are people things like ties community and good economic prospects. Put bluntly if you unemployed, not married to Canadian, not enrolled in an educational institution and not filing taxes you probably don't have a lot of reasons to want to reside in Canada (I wouldn't) If you can prove one or more of the above you should get a smooth citizenship application.

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
screech339 said:
You do realize that the problem here in Canada with grad students getting all the minimum jobs is the same in Germany, China, and even the US. It doesn't matter what country you are in, when population outgrows the number of jobs, competition dictates that the higher level of education you have, the better the chance you get a scarce higher paying job.

There are a number of factors that contribute to the problem with unemployment in Canada and yes in other countries.

1. Removal of Mandatory Retirement. – This causes delays / prevents job promotions. If a top level employee is forced to retire, opportunities arise for everyone to move up the ranks (salaries).

2. The belief that university degree guarantees a high paying job. Thus a flood of grads with degrees with no jobs waiting for them. Ontario is producing more teacher grads than there are job demand / openings for them. People forget that supply/demand system also applies to job positions/employment not just to products/markets.

3. Spoiled generations believing they deserved a starting 40-50 grand salary after graduation with no work experience. Poor work ethics.

4. The belief of spoiled generations that manual labour job is beneath them. Thus no-one wants to do it including youths. This is re-enforced by parents/schools pushing that belief on to them. This forces company to look outside the country looking for someone willing to take the job, thus the temporary worker program got expanded.

5. Cost of living increases due to population growth and limited living accommodations. When population increases in a limited space, the higher the cost of housing (rent/houses) will go. This means less disposable income to spend on anything else.

There are other factors as well but these are some of the contributions of unemployment/stagnate economy.
This is an argument about economics and like you said applies to most western nations. I really don't see how this is at all relevant to Bill C24.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
mathlete said:
This is an argument about economics and like you said applies to most western nations. I really don't see how this is at all relevant to Bill C24.
It is not totally related but partly to C-24 in that it is related to MUFC and bkara's arguments about better job opportunities overseas while waiting for citizenship process to complete and "intend to reside" clause forces them to stay in Canada to obtain citizenship.