Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
I called in today, the Rep said its 19th June 2014 for anyone doesn't matter who landed when..HUH

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
aries9811 said:
I called in today, the Rep said its 19th June 2014 for anyone doesn't matter who landed when..HUH
? ?

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mathlete said:
You argument is a little bit self-contradictory. Yes wait times are lower, but at the same time residence requirements are higher so I think those two factors off-set that time frame uncertainty. I'd be a LOT happier knowing that in 12 months or less I get my citizenship as opposed to someone telling me it will be anywhere from now until 4 years from now. Oh and if you miss that 1 week notice letter to write a test or take an oath add at least 6 months onto that.

I don't trust the government to do anything right but wait times have been decreasing and backlog application have too. They say this year the backlog will be eliminated so there is evidence to suggest the new system is working.

Finally Bill C24 brings some sensible criteria into the mix. The current method of applying for citizenship is asinine. All that form asks you is how long you've been a resident essentially, and hence necessitates the dreaded RQ.

Let's ask ourselves who would have genuine intent to reside in Canada?
These are people things like ties community and good economic prospects. Put bluntly if you unemployed, not married to Canadian, not enrolled in an educational institution and not filing taxes you probably don't have a lot of reasons to want to reside in Canada (I wouldn't) If you can prove one or more of the above you should get a smooth citizenship application.
If they want to fight against the Canadians of convenience why they've increased the residence requirement before the submission of the application only by one year?
If they keep their promise that means overall the Canadians of convenience will get their passports faster.

In practice the new law will give them what they want faster.
So at the end of the day , this law is helping the Canadians of convenience, by knowing that they will have to stay just a couple of months more after the submission of their applications to get the citizenship.

How this law actually is increasing the value of the Canadian citizenship when they will give it away much faster???
Accodring to me in that way they actually are decreasing the value.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

MUFC said:
If they want to fight against the Canadians of convenience why they've increased the residence requirement before the submission of the application only by one year?
If they keep their promise that means overall the Canadians of convenience will get their passports faster.

So at the end of the day , this law is helping the Canadians of convenience, by knowing that they will have to stay just a couple of months more after the submission of their applications to get the citizenship.

How this law actually is increasing the value of the Canadian citizenship when they will give it away much faster???
1. Except there is the "intent to remain" which will probably catch those who apply and then immediately head overseas and only return for test and oath.
2. The 183 days of residence in the 4 years of the 6 years.
3. The inclusion of tax returns. It is going to be difficult to prove that you were in Canada for requisite time if you show 0 income in the reporting periods.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
HI

1. Except there is the "intent to remain" which will probably catch those who apply and then immediately head overseas and only return for test and oath.
3. The inclusion of tax returns. It is going to be difficult to prove that you were in Canada for requisite time if you show 0 income in the reporting periods.
From my perspective that's is easy to be accomplished if a Canadian of convenience is here only to take the passport and then leave.

The only practical way according to me for fighting with the Canadians of convenience is to increase much more the eligibility period plus increased time for processing of the application like it is now.
But in practise they promise that the processing time will become faster, hence they will get what they want much faster after the new rules are implemented.

Being here physically they might hurt the Canadian system even more, because meanwhile they might be all the time living on welfare.

So the end result will be Canadians of convenience sucking hard from the system and getting their passports faster.
I don't think that this law is doing a big favour to the Canadian system.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
"3. The inclusion of tax returns. It is going to be difficult to prove that you were in Canada for requisite time if you show 0 income in the reporting periods. "

That doesnt apply to housewives/homemakers as they will have 0 income.

PMM said:
HI

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
CanadianCountry said:
"3. The inclusion of tax returns. It is going to be difficult to prove that you were in Canada for requisite time if you show 0 income in the reporting periods. "

So the housewives/homemakers stay in Canada while the spouse takes off and work outside Canada. The onus will be on them to prove that they were in Canada the whole time. This can be provided by showing the spouse working in Canada with them as one of the proofs of being in Canada despite 0 income, show children's school attendance records, etc, etc.

As mention by PMM, showing 0 income will give CIC more reason to be skeptical of whether the homemakers were actually in Canada, hence the onus is on the applicants to prove it, not CIC. Again RQ can be issued.

Martin29

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
If your home country don't allow dual citizenship then Canadians of convenience is nonsense.I am Indian citizen and I worked several years in Dubai before migration to Canada.My country was happy with me working abroad.We NRIs (Non resident Indians) don't have to pay tax.My country feels NRI people bring revenue into the country.

Once I take Canadian Citizenship I will loose my Indian citizenship.If I am not getting a good job in Canada I have to go to Dubai again.Then Canada should also see it as we bring revenue to this country.Not that we are using Canadians of convenience.

Even if I work in Dubai my home country will be Canada(not India).

If we have good jobs here why would we go abroad to work.Especially to a country with currency rate much lower than Canada?

I prefer going to Dubai because even though I get only $1000 in Dubai I will be doing a job that use my brain.In Canada what I was doing is lifting box (50 lbs )continuously.For doing that job you don't even have to go to school.I have 20 years education and I was lifting box for almost 2 years.

Canada need people for doing their labor job.In all countries there are white collar jobs and labor jobs.Educated people do white collar jobs and uneducated people do labour jobs.But in Canada 90% are highly skilled people migrated from other countries.So no much uneducated people here to do labor jobs.If all skilled people go to other countries for job who will do the labor job here?Those sitting in the office now?

That why they want all new citizens to stay in Canada(and do their labor job).

They need highly skilled new immigrants to do do labor jobs so that less qualified Canadians can work in office.

In my previous company all office staff is a particular race.All factory workers from other countries.Those sitting in Office are mostly dumb.People working in Factory are much smarter than office people but nobody will give them a chance.They work there entire life in factory.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
That is the truth my friend, but again some people will say hey that's how the system is here, don't like it then go. Everybody will come to defend the system, but no one to support the voice of people who are going through this ordeal.

Martin29 said:
If your home country don't allow dual citizenship then Canadians of convenience is nonsense.I am Indian citizen and I worked several years in Dubai before migration to Canada.My country was happy with me working abroad.We NRIs (Non resident Indians) don't have to pay tax.My country feels NRI people bring revenue into the country.

Once I take Canadian Citizenship I will loose my Indian citizenship.If I am not getting a good job in Canada I have to go to Dubai again.Then Canada should also see it as we bring revenue to this country.Not that we are using Canadians of convenience.

If we have good jobs here why would we go abroad to work.Especially to a country with currency rate much lower than Canada?

I prefer going to Dubai because even though I get only $1000 in Dubai I will be doing a job that use my brain.In Canada what I was doing is lifting box (50 lbs )continuously.For doing that job you don't even have to go to school.I have 20 years education and I was lifting box for almost 2 years.

Canada need people for doing their labor job.In all countries there are white collar jobs and labor jobs.Educated people do white collar jobs and uneducated people do labour jobs.But in Canada 90% are highly skilled people migrated from other countries.So no much uneducated people here to do labor jobs.If all skilled people go to other countries for job who will do the labor job here?Those sitting in the office now?

They need highly skilled new immigrants to do do labor jobs so that less qualified Canadians can work in office.

In my previous company all office staff is a particular race.All factory workers from other countries.Those sitting in Office are mostly dumb.People working in Factory are much smarter than office people but nobody will give them a chance.They work there entire life in factory.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Martin29 said:

If you don't mind me asking, did you immigrate to Canada under the point system or the current market demand system.

You do realized that under the old points system, the system pretty much favour the educated immigrants to come to Canada, without any regards to job market demand. If you are not educated, you won't get enough points to come to Canada. So most of the immigrants are pretty much very educated bunch coming here regardless if there a job demand for it or not. You passed the point system, congrats and welcome to Canada. We don't care if there is a job for you or not, we just want educated immigrants.

Now the system has been changed to remove the point system method and apply the “Market Demand” approach. This way it doesn't matter what your education level is, you can apply to come and work in Canada if you have the skills and education that is required for the job that is in demand. It can be a plumber, a welder, an engineer, nurse, social worker; whatever it is that may be in demand.

The point system made Canada one of the easiest to immigrate to in comparison to other western countries. I know of person born in Kuwait that wanted to move out of the country for his children's sake. He first tried going to Europe with no avail due to strict immigration rules/qualifications. Same for Australia. Then he tried Canada. He was surprised on how easy it was to qualify under the point system. He immigrated to Canada and has never been able to land a job in his field of work. He has a degree in business accounting. He explained that there is no demand for his field of work, thus unable to land a job in accounting. Had the point system been replaced, he wouldn't have been able to come to Canada since there was no job demand for his work in the first place.

And you wondered why we have a lot of very educated immigrants driving cabs, working janitorial, working in the plant, etc, etc. in Canada.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Quote "SO" the housewives/homemakers stay in Canada while the spouse takes off and work outside Canada. Unquote

Wow. First of all there are many families in which wives are stay-at-home moms and husbands work here in Canada. Nobody said where the husbands are working. Even if the husbands go to work outside of Canada and wives stay here, why keep so much HATRED for these families.

screech339 said:
So the housewives/homemakers stay in Canada while the spouse takes off and work outside Canada. The onus will be on them to prove that they were in Canada the whole time. This can be provided by showing the spouse working in Canada with them as one of the proofs of being in Canada despite 0 income, show children's school attendance records, etc, etc.

As mention by PMM, showing 0 income will give CIC more reason to be skeptical of whether the homemakers were actually in Canada, hence the onus is on the applicants to prove it, not CIC. Again RQ can be issued.

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
MUFC said:

Well what is a Canadian of convenience? It's someone who is using his/her Canadian citizenship for purposes other than residing in Canada. I think the governments logic is that if someone is unhappy in Canada they want to spend as little time here as possible and they are in effect trying to increase the "cost" to that person of obtaining citizenship. Under the old rules you could apply after 3 years and leave the country, only to return for your test and oath (provided you have someone to collect your mail) and that would not be a problem.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
And this is somehow people's fault (immigrant's fault)

screech339 said:
If you don't mind me asking, did you immigrate to Canada under the point system or the current market demand system.

You do realized that under the old points system, the system pretty much favour the educated immigrants to come to Canada, without any regards to job market demand. If you are not educated, you won't get enough points to come to Canada. So most of the immigrants are pretty much very educated bunch coming here regardless if there a job demand for it or not. You passed the point system, congrats and welcome to Canada. We don't care if there is a job for you or not, we just want educated immigrants.

Now the system has been changed to remove the point system method and apply the “Market Demand” approach. This way it doesn't matter what your education level is, you can apply to come and work in Canada if you have the skills and education that is required for the job that is in demand. It can be a plumber, a welder, an engineer, nurse, social worker; whatever it is that may be in demand.

The point system made Canada one of the easiest to immigrate to in comparison to other western countries. I know of person born in Kuwait that wanted to move out of the country for his children's sake. He first tried going to Europe with no avail due to strict immigration rules/qualifications. Same for Australia. Then he tried Canada. He was surprised on how easy it was to qualify under the point system. He immigrated to Canada and has never been able to land a job in his field of work. He has a degree in business accounting. He explained that there is no demand for his field of work, thus unable to land a job in accounting. Had the point system been replaced, he wouldn't have been able to come to Canada since there was no job demand for his work in the first place.

And you wondered why we have a lot of very educated immigrants driving cabs, working janitorial, working in the plant, etc, etc. in Canada.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
CanadianCountry said:
Quote "SO" the housewives/homemakers stay in Canada while the spouse takes off and work outside Canada. Unquote

Wow. First of all there are many families in which wives are stay-at-home moms and husbands work here in Canada. Nobody said where the husbands are working. Even if the husbands go to work outside of Canada and wives stay here, why keep so much HATRED for these families.
I have no hatred for these families as you implied. I have a stay at home spouse myself. I am only merely pointing out that CIC would always put the onus on the applicant to prove they were here. I wouldn't be surprised if my spouse has gotten RQ despite filing taxes since my spouse came to Canada.

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
CanadianCountry said:

Housewives / homemakers will appear as dependents on someone else's income tax return. I mentioned this in a previous post. The suspicious people will be those with 0 income who are nobodies dependents. CRA rules dictate you can only claim someone as a dependent for the most part of they reside with you.