Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
I think we all should comment via email specially for people who are on the verge of getting citizenship people who landed ard 2012-2013 are the once who are more likely be getting affected to have some relaxation.

pl840502

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aries9811 said:
I think we all should comment via email specially for people who are on the verge of getting citizenship people who landed ard 2012-2013 are the once who are more likely be getting affected to have some relaxation.
I agree, but I also think in order to really have an effect. Maybe we can concentrate on a few issues that has merit such as cut off date being the date they receive it VS. The date people send their applications.

Regarding the cut off date. I'm eligible to apply beginning of May (literally, 1st or 2nd), but I don't think there's any valid argument commenting on how early or how late the cut off date should be. No matter when are they going to set the date there's always gonna be people just made the cut or just missed the cut.

aries9811

Jun 6, 2009
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 17,2010 --> Documents Recieved @VO April 2,2010
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
Second AOR 1st May 2010
IELTS Request
March 17,2010
File Transfer...
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Request
Jan 26,2012
Med's Done....
Received @Ottawa Feb 17,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
Or may be they should reconsider on the fact that people who landed during 2012-2013 are exempt from this new Rule some relaxation would be helpful. I think these are the people who are getting affected the most.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aries9811 said:
I think we all should comment via email...
I think that the most efficient way is by sending hard copies of your comments by Fax or Regular mail letters. The government institutions in Canada are not so modern, that's why when they want to communicate with the people they are still using the old school methods Fax or Regular mail.

Concentrate your efforts here on these options...

Teny Dikranian, Director, Legislation and Program Policy, Citizenship and Immigration Canada, 180 Kent Street, 6th Floor, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1, 613-991-2485 (fax),

aries9811

Jun 6, 2009
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 17,2010 --> Documents Recieved @VO April 2,2010
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
Second AOR 1st May 2010
IELTS Request
March 17,2010
File Transfer...
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Request
Jan 26,2012
Med's Done....
Received @Ottawa Feb 17,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
they have the email address mentioned as well.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If Canada had well developed electronic government service like most of the developed nations then I can agree that sending e-mails would be efficient.

But Canada is a little bit old school and that's why By Fax or Regular mail seems more efficient way of communication with the government here.
They can touch physically your comments, if they are send by Fax or regular mail.

There is no guarantee that someone will check that e-mail address.

nadeem55

Aug 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
15-04-2011
Nomination.....
????
AOR Received.
25-05-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the initial application to CIO
File Transfer...
20-06-2011 to Buffalo
Med's Request
22-02-2013 from Ottawa
Med's Done....
27-02-2013
Interview........
Wavied :)
Passport Req..
05-04-2013 via Email
VISA ISSUED...
06 May, 2013
LANDED..........
11 May, 2013 Landed Immigrant :)
I don't agree with MUFC, E-mail is an efficient way, they don't lose and can easily search from their server, CIC is moving toward electronic version of communication which is cost-effective and fast (like Express entry, citizenship AOR, other visas online through my account)

I would strongly suggest to send E-mail if you don't want to spend any money, it's easy and fast and obviously you always has a receipt once you sent.

I already sent an email, finger crossed for the answer.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm neutral observer nadeem55 , but I feel empathy for all the people who are under pressure because of that mystery about that cut off month and date.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
I'm completely with youon this. Makes total sense.

pl840502 said:
I agree, but I also think in order to really have an effect. Maybe we can concentrate on a few issues that has merit such as cut off date being the date they receive it VS. The date people send their applications.

Regarding the cut off date. I'm eligible to apply beginning of May (literally, 1st or 2nd), but I don't think there's any valid argument commenting on how early or how late the cut off date should be. No matter when are they going to set the date there's always gonna be people just made the cut or just missed the cut.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm sure that there will be also a lot of supporters of the idea that the new rules should be applicable only to those who became PRs after the Royal Accent of the Bill.

Dec 9, 2009
Even I support the idea that the new rules should be applicable only to those who became PRs after the Royal Accent of the Bill.Because those who became PRs before the Royal

Accent of the Bill the Government assure to give citizenship on the basis of 3/4 years rule which become as a promissory estoppel which means the Government cannot go back

from their earlier promise.

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
How about you just wait the extra year to be safe? It's better then applying in 2011 like I did and having to wait 40 months for processing. What's an extra year's residency compared to an extra 3 processing?

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nobody can tell what will happen with the processing times after the elections and it is unknown how the intend to reside will be implemented in practice , because it might be the most intrusive version of the RQ story.

So in the future the processing time might get longer, because the hidden idea of the government is to keep the people here physically as much as possible. They don't want to lose new Canadian heads, so this law will ensure that those who want the citizenship will stay here until they get it hence they must stay in the boundaries of Canada.

Many people are leaving because they are underemployed here hence they don't have good standard of living. The government wants to make sure that these people will stay extra time here.

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Interesting little fact for people who are opponents of the Bill. There are an estimated 2.8m Canadians living abroad that out of a population of only 36m is hugely disproportional. The US has a population of 318m almost 10x that of Canada and has an estimated 3 to 8m Americans living abroad according to the US state department.

After the US the largest Canadian diaspora is Hong Kong, kind of strange seeing how far away and different the two countries are. Lebanon makes no. 4 on the list, after the US, UK and HK. Canadians have no business being in Lebanon. Canada has no historic ties to the country, very little trade, completely different culture and it is on the other side of the world. Why do you think there are so many "Canadians" living in Lebanon? It's because Lebanese citizens are looking for an escape route and a tax payer funded evac the next time that country goes to war.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How this statistic can show that a Canadian is living abroad when presumably the Canadian is using the other passport to enter his country, so officially there is no Canadian entering the foreign country, because that Canadian has another citizenship.

If the dual citizens are using only the Canadian passport when they go back, then the picture will be shocking. But the government doesn't want to show that numbers.