Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
screech339 said:
They can still apply even if their tax assessment is not opened. I submitted my tax forms online and it records that information into the system. I can see on my personal CRA online account when my income tax was filed and when it will open for assessment.

As long as CIC sees that you have filed your taxes, you met the income tax requirement for new citizenship rules?
So do you think that the CIC. Can excess now the CRA files of people that applied with the old rule.
I would be very happy if they can do it, cause this will prevent a lot of potential RQ's since they can see the the applicant filed (and paid) his taxes last four years.
Who might know the answer ?

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC will be checking directly with CRA after the new rules comes in effect, because I am sure that there will be a field in the applications which will require from the applicant his/hers SIN number.

With the current old rules they have no right to take the SIN numbers from the applicants.
After the new rules comes in the checking will be much faster.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
ari5323 said:
So do you think that the CIC. Can excess now the CRA files of people that applied with the old rule.
I would be very happy if they can do it, cause this will prevent a lot of potential RQ's since they can see the the applicant filed (and paid) his taxes last four years.
Who might know the answer ?
Not so sure about that. CIC may still need your consent to access your tax files. CIC still need your consent to access CBSA records.

The new application may have an request for consent to CRA files but since the old application does not, CIC will not have access to CRA files under the old rules. So RQ may still be issued at random under the old rule.

We won't know if there will be a consent request to CRA files until the updated application forms are updated June 11.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is a really good chance that there will require SIN in the new applications from 11th June.

http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2015/2015-02-28/html/reg1-eng.php

1. Information sharing

Social insurance numbers

The SCCA contains new provisions requiring citizenship applicants to file their taxes, when required to do so under the Income Tax Act, and meet new residency requirements, in order to be eligible to obtain Canadian citizenship. To implement these new requirements, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) must be able to directly verify tax filing and residence requirements with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) as part of citizenship determination. However, access to the CRA’s secure verification process requires the individual’s social insurance number (SIN), to ensure that accurate information is being provided on the correct client.

There is currently no authority under the Citizenship Act or the Citizenship Regulations (the Regulations) to enable CIC to collect the SIN for the purposes of exchanging information with the CRA. As a result, for verification of residence, CIC is currently using the CRA notices of assessment, a process that is known to be vulnerable to fraud, is less reliable, and is an inefficient use of the CRA and CIC resources.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
MUFC said:
There is a really good chance that there will require SIN in the new applications from 11th June.

http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2015/2015-02-28/html/reg1-eng.php

1. Information sharing

Social insurance numbers

The SCCA contains new provisions requiring citizenship applicants to file their taxes, when required to do so under the Income Tax Act, and meet new residency requirements, in order to be eligible to obtain Canadian citizenship. To implement these new requirements, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) must be able to directly verify tax filing and residence requirements with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) as part of citizenship determination. However, access to the CRA's secure verification process requires the individual's social insurance number (SIN), to ensure that accurate information is being provided on the correct client.

There is currently no authority under the Citizenship Act or the Citizenship Regulations (the Regulations) to enable CIC to collect the SIN for the purposes of exchanging information with the CRA. As a result, for verification of residence, CIC is currently using the CRA notices of assessment, a process that is known to be vulnerable to fraud, is less reliable, and is an inefficient use of the CRA and CIC resources.
Wouldn't be surprised if they include a space in application for SIN. By providing your SIN, you are giving consent to CIC to access your tax records. Without it, the application be deemed to be incomplete much like the absence of signature.

It would be no difference from providing an email address on the form. By giving email address, you are consenting to be giving all correspondence by email. Email addresses are not mandatory requirements. Absence of email address simply means all communication will be sent by mail.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
Wouldn't be surprised if they include a space in application for SIN. By providing your SIN, you are giving consent to CIC to access your tax records. Without it, the application be deemed to be incomplete much like the absence of signature.
There will be a consent for sure, and finally they will have direct access to the information they need without making unnecessary delays to the innocent and real applicants.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
MUFC said:
There will be a consent for sure, and finally they will have direct access to the information they need without making unnecessary delays to the innocent and real applicants.
The new applications will have a SIN trigger as part of the validation of form. If a person has a missing SIN, the application will not be validated until completed.

So it will be very extremely important to have the correct SIN on application. The application will still be validated with wrong SIN and expect delays in your application.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
The new applications will have a SIN trigger as part of the validation of form. If a person has a missing SIN, the application will not be validated until completed.

So it will be very extremely important to have the correct SIN on application. The application will still be validated with wrong SIN and expect delays in your application.
Exactly
The applicant will be responsible to provide the correct information.
After that the process will be smooth and much faster and efficient.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
MUFC said:
After that the process will be smooth and much faster and efficient.
I will accept that with a grain of salt. I certainly hope so. Only time will tell.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With the new law they will have the tools they need to verify the information provided from the applicants directly between the institutions instead asking the same overlapping different document from the applicants just like the current outdates and old situation.

I also expect the overall number of issued RQs to drop dramatically.

From the middle of this week they will have everything needed for a fast processing , especially when that huge batch April -June finally get processed with the old backlog.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
MUFC said:
With the new law they will have the tools they need to verify the information provided from the applicants directly between the institutions instead asking the same overlapping different document from the applicants just like the current outdates and old situation.

I also expect the overall number of issued RQs to drop dramatically.

From the middle of this week they will have everything needed for a fast processing , especially when that huge batch April -June finally get processed with the old backlog.
I don't think the faster processing won't begin/occur until a good chunk of the applications under the old rules are at least partly processed. After that, there will be a mixed of applicants swearing at the oath that applied under the old and new.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exactly,
Now CIC has 2 major challenges ,
1. To finish the backlog
2. To finish the April-June batch which will be full of problematic big volume of applications.

After that the people fill start to feel the real benefits from the new and modern contemporary fast processing semi-automated system.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
MUFC said:
Exactly,
Now CIC has 2 major challenges ,
1. To finish the backlog
2. To finish the April-June batch which will be full of problematic big volume of applications.

After that the people fill start to feel the real benefits from the new and modern contemporary fast processing semi-automated system.
It is not really a challenge for them. They will process all the applications in queue in their usual way. They won't hurry up the old applications just so they can process the new.

The people applying under the new rules will still feel the effect of the process until most of the old applications are processed in some way.

Only those who apply under the new rules will see the benefits if they applied next year when most of the backlog is cleared (hopefully).

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
I agree they should finish the application at FIFO basis.

My case pending since 41 months ???

c
You are just another example of the slow old rules processing system. The old rules were a torture for a lot of applicants.
3-4 years of processing times, that sound crazy, but this is the practical result from the old rules.