+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dpenabill and screech339 WON!!!

I got no problem to admit my loses in that battle.

Congrats to the Winners.

But as I said earlier today, I am feeling very happy and satisfied that finally the new law will be effective soon. It will indeed help a lot for people in my situation.

In general Very good news.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On the other hand we still have the constant problem with the unreliable information coming from the call centre clerks. At least it was a good lesson for the people to keep big portion of doubt when they are getting internal information or any advises from the call centre.

What a pathetic service.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Note: I did not win anything.

Sure, I was playing penny-poker along with a number of others with no skin in the game. But anyone paying attention would readily notice I was always hedging my bets, a lot of likely this or somewhat likely that, not so likely this or probably that, and more than a few merely feasible possibilities.

But one thing I made a very concerted effort to do was not make definitive predictions of something that could not be known.

And I was serious about recognizing what was at stake for those who did have something at stake. When I was serious, it was about helping those with actual skin in the game have a sense of what was happening and how they might best prepare to navigate their way forward.

I tried to balance the penny-poker with due consideration for sincere discussion about what was coming, what could be expected, as best we could sort out from very limited sources of reliable information.

In contrast, those of us offering reasonable caution were repeatedly dismissed as "paranoid". Sure, gratuitous shots like that are noticed and not exactly appreciated.

Those of us who cautioned we did not really know when this would happen, but that it could easily happen before July 1st, were repeatedly countered by certain, now known to be false assurances it would not happen before July.

I hope no one was caught napping because of this and misses the opportunity to get a qualified application submitted by Wednesday.

Regarding the amount of notice, just two business days notice (Monday and Tuesday) before the deadline to get an application actually delivered to CIC by Wednesday, in order to apply under the now old law, obviously I was not surprised (even though I had guessed there would be a little more notice than that) how minimal the notice was, I do want to say two things about this:

-- it was predictable because this is indeed precisely how the Harper government almost always operates, and

-- it really is an unacceptable manner of governing

There was no good reason for not informing the public sooner. Reasons, sure, but not anywhere near good enough to abuse Canadians this way.

Many thousands of PRs were watching this. They have real lives, often very complicated lives. They have ill parents abroad. They have children struggling to adapt to Canadian schools. They face difficult employment choices. But the path to citizenship is important to many of them, and they deserved to have the opportunity to plan their lives in 2015 knowing what was at stake, when this would happen.

Regardless what opinion one has about this law, in support of it or opposed to it, what should be of great concern is the manner in which the Tories have run this government, minimal transparency, minimal notice, minimal public involvement, minimal consultations, all adding up to minimally democratic. Time for the bully to go. Time for some change.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My goal here was to calm down the people in order to make a good and solid application without mistakes and with a good extra buffer to decrease the chances of getting RQ to slim.

The end result was completely the opposite one and for that reason we see already the pre-signals for the problematic last frantic rush batch.

Back in November I decided that I would not waste my good time in my vacations and postponed my plans to apply under the old rules. On top of that I had that gut feeling that I will end up surrounded with problematic applications around me which would automatically increase the scrutiny over my application too, because originally I could have applied under the old rules too.

I am glad that I made the right decision to postpone my application and to apply later on under the contemporary new fast system.

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
Try this link:
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=985219

It even updated with june 11th.

Before

Time as a non-permanent resident (non-PR) may be counted toward residence for citizenship

After

Eliminates use of time spent in Canada as a non-permanent resident (non-PR) for most applicants (in effect June 11, 2015)
Thanks
It mentions for most applicants. I wonder who are the exempted applicants . Any idea ?

buddhaB

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
punk said:
Thanks
It mentions for most applicants. I wonder who are the exempted applicants . Any idea ?
maybe they are going to categorize TFWs or international students as exceptional non-PRs :))

what an ambiguous news release man.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most probably the exception will be again only for military personnel which serves in the Canadian forces .

buddhaB

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
MUFC said:
Most probably the exception will be again only for military personnel which serves in the Canadian forces .
if you aren`t PR or citizen,how can you serve in the Canadian forces?

Can you be a spy then claim non-PR time? :)

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My point is that if there is any exception it will be effective for a very small group of people.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
buddhaB said:
if you aren`t PR or citizen,how can you serve in the Canadian forces?

Can you be a spy then claim non-PR time? :)
The lady who clean the kitchen and the garbage for the army I doubt is Canadian...

moe kahn

Jun 4, 2015
to sherifEf ,

One more question, I came canada Dec2010 on a work permit, and received my PR OCT 2012. My work required me to travel a lot, so far I made more than 60 trips to US, based on the resodence calculator I should meet both basic / physical (1095 days) by July 1st 2015.

My questions, my CBSA report contains long list of entries, does this will affect my application? What should I do to strength my case in front of CIC? I am trying to avoid RQ as much as I can, any advise?

Thanks a lot...
S E F

the answer is , if you are not comply with 1095 days physical presence in canada by july 1, 2015 , please do not even bother or hhurry to submit your application and put urself in an indefinite time waiting and or u even cannot inquire more n more , so better is wait to fullfill the physical presence as per the rules , and the complete files with 100 % correctly as advised , and get ur citizenship done .

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moe kahn said:
to sherifEf ,

One more question, I came canada Dec2010 on a work permit, and received my PR OCT 2012. My work required me to travel a lot, so far I made more than 60 trips to US, based on the resodence calculator I should meet both basic / physical (1095 days) by July 1st 2015.

My questions, my CBSA report contains long list of entries, does this will affect my application? What should I do to strength my case in front of CIC?
You have to use the new residence calculator, wait untill 11th June.

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
buddhaB said:
maybe they are going to categorize TFWs or international students as exceptional non-PRs :))

what an ambiguous news release man.
Hahaha - You wish :) I would be super happy if they include International Students & Workers.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
MiriamT said:
It's not that applicants will have to provide their SIN alone. They have to prove they have filed for taxes, and while they don't receive the CRA tax assessment, they can't apply, causing further delays to some applicants in the cusp of changes.
They can still apply even if their tax assessment is not opened. I submitted my tax forms online and it records that information into the system. I can see on my personal CRA online account when my income tax was filed and when it will open for assessment.

As long as CIC sees that you have filed your taxes, you met the income tax requirement for new citizenship rules.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Many people will realise that the new rules will indeed improve the current slow old school system. At the same time I am sure that the future RQs will be issued only to the real problematic cases and therefore not much innocent applications will be delayed.