+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
surgi said:
For those who still think that the bills including C24 is not the main voters concern or cornerstone to vote for which party. Look at the result of provincial election in Alberta. Alberta votes for the progressive conservatives since 40 years.
Mixing Provincial and Federal elections is a BIG mistake. If Harper would have been the Provincial candidate, he would have been elected.

And I consider that the impact of this bill in the elections is minimum and I hope it continues this way, it's ridiculous to vote (or to no vote) for Conservatives just because your application would last more time or you will need 4 years instead of 3 years to apply.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
mirki said:
Guys, sorry for spamming here, but I thought I might be doing everything wrong.

Back to the residence calculator: I am confused about how to enter "from" and "to" to calculate absence.

For instance I went to Denmark from 2012-10-16 to 2012-10-21 (5 days). Basically on 2012-10-16 I was in Canada. I left Canada with a night flight and entered Denmark on 2012-10-17. So should I the day I leave Canada or the day I enter Denmark? How do half days calculated? Is there any official documents on that? The FAQ at Residence Calculator does not have any specific information on this.
From is the day you exit Canada. If you exit five minutes after midnight, that's the date you left. If you do not exit until 23 hours and forty minutes later, ten minutes before midnight, that is still the day. And it is probably not the date the plane actually takes off but the time it is scheduled to take off.

To is the day you arrive in Canada. Whether you arrive ten minutes after midnight or 23 and a half hours later at twenty minutes before midnight. This time will be the time you actually check in at the PIL or the kiosk upon arrival . . . which can be a half hour or more after the plane's wheels touch the ground.

Relative to half days, if you are referring to the credit for half days a person can acquire for time living in Canada prior to becoming a PR, it is easiest just to be sure the "From" and "To" dates entered are accurate and let the online residence calculator figure it out. It does not make arithmetic mistakes.

Frankly, I concur in the caution expressed by MUFC about applications based on barely meeting the minimum threshold as the deadline hour approaches, especially if you are relying on time in Canada before becoming a PR, and especially given the lengthy absence immediately after applying. After all, by the time CIC looks at your case in any detail, you will exactly fit the profile of an applicant who applied-on-the-way-to-the-airport. That is not a formal factor but it is a characterization of the sort of applicant CIC is especially on alert to watch for. Assuming it has no relevance to you in fact (just a coincidence you are going abroad for a lengthy absence at this juncture, no bearing on long term plans), it is the appearance that could drag your case into the mire of not just RQ but RQ with suspicion.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mirki said:
Guys, sorry for spamming here, but I thought I might be doing everything wrong.

Back to the residence calculator: I am confused about how to enter "from" and "to" to calculate absence.

For instance I went to Denmark from 2012-10-16 to 2012-10-21 (5 days). Basically on 2012-10-16 I was in Canada. I left Canada with a night flight and entered Denmark on 2012-10-17. So should I the day I leave Canada or the day I enter Denmark? How do half days calculated? Is there any official documents on that? The FAQ at Residence Calculator does not have any specific information on this.
I remember have read about this long time ago.

Immigration wants you to indicate the day you leave Canada and the day you come back to Canada and for the calculation purpose, they will just count 1 of them so if you for example leave on 17th and come back on 20th they do this:
-You was abroad 17th, 18th and 19th = 3 days

Or

-You were abroad 18th, 19th and 20th = 3 days

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dpenabill said:
Frankly, I concur in the caution expressed by MUFC about applications based on barely meeting the minimum threshold as the deadline hour approaches, especially if you are relying on time in Canada before becoming a PR, and especially given the lengthy absence immediately after applying. After all, by the time CIC looks at your case in any detail, you will exactly fit the profile of an applicant who applied-on-the-way-to-the-airport. That is not a formal factor but it is a characterization of the sort of applicant CIC is especially on alert to watch for. Assuming it has no relevance to you in fact (just a coincidence you are going abroad for a lengthy absence at this juncture, no bearing on long term plans), it is the appearance that could drag your case into the mire of not just RQ but RQ with suspicion.
Exactly.
Without realising it, but thousands of applicants will unintentionally put themselves in that high risk of getting RQ group.

Too much rushing to beat the unknown date and month can put you on the non-routine slow pile guys.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
My friend MUFC, Sorry for my lack of knowledge, what is this Rq? And why is this so bad ? I googled it and I understood it's a question art about your trips. If you have the right days so why do you care about RQ ?

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RQ= Residence Questionnaire is issued when for some reason CIC has a doubt about the actual physical residence of the applicant in Canada. Nobody knows the exact triggers for that to happen, but applying with the bare minimum without extra buffer is considered as a risky one.

The problem with the RQ story is that when issued, the application is likely to be processed in a very slow pace , because it's not routine application anymore.

When issued RQ it contains specific documents to be provided from the applicant in order to prove the actual physical presence in Canada.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
One other factor to consider mirki is that you could change your travel plans and the revised requirements could come-into-force May 22 or May 29 or June 1 or June 4, and you would end up having to wait until near the end of 2016 anyway. We really do not know what the coming-into-force date will be. June 3rd or July 17th? We do not know.

You would be paying real money to bet it will not happen until June 9th or later (giving time for your application to arrive at CIC). Odds probably favour that bet (odds are better for later in June, peaking at July 1st), but it is nonetheless a bet at this stage. We really do not know much more than that it is most likely going to happen before some day in July. How much sooner than that is still simply NOT known.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
For the grace of GOD, the day started bright and sunny. Let's keep the fingers crossed that at the convention the cut of date will be officially released Or leaked (July first 2016 of course)

Rajpar

Star Member
May 6, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 08
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
March, 2009
IELTS Request
July 2009.
File Transfer...
30 th June, 2010
Med's Request
February, 2012
Med's Done....
28th Feb. 2012
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
PPR-1, 27/7/12, PPR-2, 10/09/2012
VISA ISSUED...
22nd August, 2012. Received on 15/09/2012
LANDED..........
on 11th October, 2012.
Hi guys, I have been a very casual reader of you here. I arrived 11 Oct. 2012 and never travelled out of canada. When tentatively 4 of 6 rule apply?? plz reply.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
Rajpar said:
Hi guys, I have been a very casual reader of you here. I arrived 11 Oct. 2012 and never travelled out of canada. When tentatively 4 of 6 rule apply?? plz reply.

Shhhh I have the answer how about a secret meeting where I will tell you the secret date ?

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Usually regarding the actual enforcement of major immigration changes there are 3 Hot spots on a yearly basis.

January 1st.

April 1st

August 1st

For the very same reason August 1st is my second favorite pick.

But Canada Day is my absolute dominant favorite pick.

This pick from me are not a result from just random guessing. I have a bunch of reasons to be convinced that the actual cut off date will not be before July. (Which is really close 7-8 weeks from now)

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
MUFC said:
Usually regarding the actual enforcement of major immigration changes there are 3 Hot spots on a yearly basis.

January 1st.

April 1st

August 1st

For the very same reason August 1st is my second favorite pick.

But Canada Day is my absolute dominant favorite pick.

This pick from me are not a result from just random guessing. I have a bunch of reasons to be convinced that the actual cut off date will not be before July. (Which is really close 7-8 weeks from now)
I agree on the July first logic a good date to enforce national changes.
Where do you take the 3 hot dates jan-apr-aug ???

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Changes to immigration rules and the actual enforcement just few examples...

August 1st changes regarding definition of the dependent children.
August 1st The internal changes from last year.

January 1st Major changes in the federal skilled worker program.

April 1st likely date for provincial immigration changes.

ect...

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just a reminder.

Pay attention that in the official statements they didn't mentioned in any of them any definitive month.

SoftwareEngg

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
ari5323 said:
For the grace of GOD, the day started bright and sunny. Let's keep the fingers crossed that at the convention the cut of date will be officially released Or leaked (July first 2016 of course)

Which meeting you were talking about? Where and when it happens ?

Please suggest something.