+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE profile - Include all work history or only work for which I can claim points?

kumar55

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
Hi guys,
I am going to creat my express entry profile for CEC. My CRS score without my home country work experience is 450. Based on previous draws, it should be ok to be invited.

In 2016, I received a job letter from my employer with my salary, responsibilities, working date etc. For applying study permit, I included this document in my LOE letter.

Now its a while that the company has been bankrupt and the owner has been changed. Even the new owner has changed the business name of the company. So, It is too difficult for me to get connected with them in case of any new required documents.

Is it safe to not include this experience in my work history and just add it in personal history, knowing that in the past I mentioned it as my work experience to CIC when I applied for study permit?
Thanks in advance.
If you aren't claiming points for this experience, it's okay not to include this in work history, and later on you can show it in personal history for which you don't have to show any proof.

Reactions: Mae.Will

Mashathebear

Mar 11, 2022
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-10-2022
I worked for 2 years and then for 8 months for one company, holding different positions each time (different NOC) and with a gap in between.
Can someone please tell me If IRCC will accept just one reference letter listing the different positions and responsibilities?
Or should I get one letter for each position held. Thank you.

Mashathebear

Mar 11, 2022
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-10-2022
I will probably have a job offer to work in Ontario for a company whose headquarters are in Quebec.
I would like to apply for PNP for Ontario.
Do you think my job offer will be considered as being located in Quebec or Ontario please?

Sam_4321

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
Hi guys!

I have a question regarding the classification of WE.

I have a total of 8 Plus years of WE. In 2 different organizations.

Company A:
Period: Jan 2014 to Jan 2016 --> Designation A
Period: Jan 2016 to Jun 2016 --> Designation B

Company B:
Period: Jul 2016 to Oct 2021 --> Designation A
Period: Oct 2021 to Date (current Job) --> Designation B

I can easily get a reference letter from the second company and it has more than 6 years of experience, which would be more than enough to fetch maximum CRS.

I might get a reference letter from Company A, but it would be extremely difficult and might not even be on IRCC standards.

I put my experience in company B in my EE profile and left the rest to be included in my personal history after ITA, and if needed can be explained in LOE.

is it the right way? or Should I put my total experience in EE profile?

Please advise.

asadalirahim

Sep 3, 2019
Hi guys!

I have a question regarding the classification of WE.

I have a total of 8 Plus years of WE. In 2 different organizations.

Company A:
Period: Jan 2014 to Jan 2016 --> Designation A
Period: Jan 2016 to Jun 2016 --> Designation B

Company B:
Period: Jul 2016 to Oct 2021 --> Designation A
Period: Oct 2021 to Date (current Job) --> Designation B

I can easily get a reference letter from the second company and it has more than 6 years of experience, which would be more than enough to fetch maximum CRS.

I might get a reference letter from Company A, but it would be extremely difficult and might not even be on IRCC standards.

I put my experience in company B in my EE profile and left the rest to be included in my personal history after ITA, and if needed can be explained in LOE.

is it the right way? or Should I put my total experience in EE profile?

Please advise.
Perfect. This is totally fine and this is how it is supposed to be

Reactions: Sam_4321

littlestar19

May 9, 2022
Hi !
Can someone please guide me !
1. Would it be okay if I am including past experience ( 07/18-09/21) in my work history and mentioning the one where I am currently working in the personal history? I mean is there anything particular stating that current experience has to be included?
2. If I quit my current job before I expect an ITA and mention that currently I am unemployed, would it create any trouble ? I mean having no job at the time of submitting the file.
Thanks in advance.

asadalirahim

Sep 3, 2019
Hi !
Can someone please guide me !
1. Would it be okay if I am including past experience ( 07/18-09/21) in my work history and mentioning the one where I am currently working in the personal history? I mean is there anything particular stating that current experience has to be included?
2. If I quit my current job before I expect an ITA and mention that currently I am unemployed, would it create any trouble ? I mean having no job at the time of submitting the file.
Thanks in advance.
1. Totally okay.

2. No problem. As long as you are fetching max points for 3 years+ work experience, it is totally okay to be unemployed.

Reactions: littlestar19

littlestar19

May 9, 2022
1. Totally okay.

2. No problem. As long as you are fetching max points for 3 years+ work experience, it is totally okay to be unemployed.
Thank you so much !
Yes, From my past employment, I have experience of 3 years and 2 months.
I believe I can now move on with the decision to quit the job.
Just hoping and praying to get an ITA asap. Waiting since 1.5 years.
Thanks again !
Just one more thing ! Hoping to be the last !
Currently I am working for my father. So I am getting paid from his company.
So our workshop and home are adjacent to each other. Meaning, my home address and workshop’s address is one and the same. As, I have to mention in personal history about the job, would I be good to go?
Meaning would working for father ( also same address for workplace) be consideree a valid experience as per IRCC ?
Thanks in advance!

ae1373

Oct 28, 2022
Hi everyone,

I am also currently in same situation. I have one year of Canadian experience and got ITA recently. While working full time for job that I claimed points for in the last year, I also worked for another company as csr for 3 months. I didn’t claim points for csr job in work experience as i dont have sufficient documents for proof.
Do I need to include my second job details in personal history?
What happens if i dont include these details in personal history, will that cause any problem for my PR application?
And if I include second job details does that cause any problem to my application as I was working for 2 jobs at the same time?

Does anyone have any advice about the above? I am in a similar situation. I am claiming for 3 years self employment (foreign) which overlaps into a full time job featured in my personal history. It is entirely truthful - I was working horrible hours during that time period and both were full time.

Any ideas? Thank you.

Reactions: AAANWAR

AAANWAR

Jan 17, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am also currently in same situation. I have one year of Canadian experience and got ITA recently. While working full time for job that I claimed points for in the last year, I also worked for another company as csr for 3 months. I didn’t claim points for csr job in work experience as i dont have sufficient documents for proof.
Do I need to include my second job details in personal history?
What happens if i dont include these details in personal history, will that cause any problem for my PR application?
And if I include second job details does that cause any problem to my application as I was working for 2 jobs at the same time?
Similar situation. Have worked some data entry and CSR positions (2 months or less). Not sure if it needs to be included on the express entry profile. Please let me know as well if you find out

Mar 31, 2021
Similar situation. Have worked some data entry and CSR positions (2 months or less). Not sure if it needs to be included on the express entry profile. Please let me know as well if you find out
Hi AAANWAR,

You can remove the experience from employment history and add it to your personal history. Just make sure that your points are not decreasing if you do that.

sahith1994

Sep 6, 2019
Hi all,
Iam currently on open work permit in canada. I worked for 2 remote software jobs at same time. Now Iam eligible for CEC can I show one job in my express entry profile is enough (or) do i need to show both jobs in my profile as i dont want to hide any information from goverment,but if i submit both information will goverment of canada question me on any thing need your opinions

Shiena17

Mar 22, 2023
Hi Everyone,

I just want to get your insights with my situation.
I receivef ITA for CEC

My previous work experience on my initial study permit doesnt include the jobs I dont claim for now because I wasnt able to get COE's before.

But on my CEC application now, I have submitted all COEs for all my employment over the 10 years.

Will it be an issue considering I have all
the docs?

Boltj194

Star Member
May 24, 2022
Whether you want to claim points for 1 year of work experience or 3 years of experience is completely your prerogative. If you have sufficient crs points to get ITA by showing just 1 year work experience in your profile, then I would say show just one year. This will reduce documents from your end. This is what I did too.

Post ITA you will have to fill the personal history section. This would include all your activities in the past 10 yrs. Here you will mention all other work experience, including the one you're claiming points for, in chronological order.
i need ur suggestion sir

i got pnp based on my canada study healthcare , job offer and ielts . no requirements for previous studies or work experince . but for ircc PR i heard we need to mention previous work experinces . is it mandatory to provide previous work exp letters even though im not getting points or anything ?

how i can avoid those things and do i need to just mention letter on that work exp boxes saying not relevant for pnp etc . how i can justify ?