+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA-WES Evaluation- Chartered Accountant India

AS916

Oct 11, 2018
I am a CA working in dubai and wanted to get my transcripts from ICAI for the purpose of Canada Immigration. My queries are:

1) When i write to ICAI to issue transcripts, do i need to send self addressed envelopes to them or will the institute arrange to send it on their own.
2) There is no mention in the requirements as to whether we need to give them the address where to send the transcripts. So does that mean that institute will send it our registered address with them or will we need to personally go and collect them? As mentioned, i am working and residing in dubai, so not sure will institute be couriering me to Dubai or my address in india or i need to personally collect from ICAI dubai?
3) I read in the discussion that we need to ask ICAI to send it directly to WES. My question is, cannot we ask ICAI to send it to us and then we deal with it accordingly for submission to WES. Is it mandatory requirement of WES that the transcripts to be directly received from the ICAI Institute?
4) Rs 500 is the fee for all transcripts for the full course or Foundation, PEI, PEII, Final; each seperately Rs 500?
5) And the last, if anybody who has recently applied and received transcripts from ICAI could kindly share a specimen of the request letter issued to ICAI, that would be really helpful.

Would somebody kindly guide so can proceed accordingly. Thanks, Anurag

gpdave

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Dubai, UAE
Category........
FSW
Hi ,

I have a question (this is for my younger sister). Does your friend's WES evaluation mention credential as "Chartered Accountant" or " Certificate of Membership". Actually we got the evaluation result for B.Com as Bachelor's and CA as "Certificate of Membership"
Mine also says Certificate of Membership and it is fine, as it also mentions awarded by ICAI.

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
Mine also says Certificate of Membership and it is fine, as it also mentions awarded by ICAI.
Thank you so much gpdave.

nishant872

Star Member
May 28, 2018
I am a CA working in dubai and wanted to get my transcripts from ICAI for the purpose of Canada Immigration. My queries are:

1) When i write to ICAI to issue transcripts, do i need to send self addressed envelopes to them or will the institute arrange to send it on their own.
2) There is no mention in the requirements as to whether we need to give them the address where to send the transcripts. So does that mean that institute will send it our registered address with them or will we need to personally go and collect them? As mentioned, i am working and residing in dubai, so not sure will institute be couriering me to Dubai or my address in india or i need to personally collect from ICAI dubai?
3) I read in the discussion that we need to ask ICAI to send it directly to WES. My question is, cannot we ask ICAI to send it to us and then we deal with it accordingly for submission to WES. Is it mandatory requirement of WES that the transcripts to be directly received from the ICAI Institute?
4) Rs 500 is the fee for all transcripts for the full course or Foundation, PEI, PEII, Final; each seperately Rs 500?
5) And the last, if anybody who has recently applied and received transcripts from ICAI could kindly share a specimen of the request letter issued to ICAI, that would be really helpful.

Would somebody kindly guide so can proceed accordingly. Thanks, Anurag
1) thy will send their own in sealed and attested
2) you will have to mention the address and for international you need to check with them how they can arrange. idelally thy shld be sending on registered address as per membership records. envelope would come from new delhi. contact them
3) its optional
4) for attestation of one set including marksheets, passing certificates. Membership certificate is free of cost. Transcript is separately chargeable
5) its online, read the annoicements. even raising for attestation can be done check website simple process

AS916

Oct 11, 2018
1) thy will send their own in sealed and attested
2) you will have to mention the address and for international you need to check with them how they can arrange. idelally thy shld be sending on registered address as per membership records. envelope would come from new delhi. contact them
3) its optional
4) for attestation of one set including marksheets, passing certificates. Membership certificate is free of cost. Transcript is separately chargeable
5) its online, read the annoicements. even raising for attestation can be done check website simple process
Thanks Nishant

CA JP SINGH

Dec 19, 2018
Yesterday I got one evaluation from WES of my relative who is an Indian CA. It was my surprise that they evaluated CA as equal to graduation. I have lodged protest and explained in details how CAs is much above from simple bachelor and should be at least be assessed as post graduation. I have also asked for any appeal process if they do not agree. Any one who has dealt with this issue please provide details of appeal process.

gpdave

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Dubai, UAE
Category........
FSW
Yesterday I got one evaluation from WES of my relative who is an Indian CA. It was my surprise that they evaluated CA as equal to graduation. I have lodged protest and explained in details how CAs is much above from simple bachelor and should be at least be assessed as post graduation. I have also asked for any appeal process if they do not agree. Any one who has dealt with this issue please provide details of appeal process.
No need to protest or explain. Indian CA is equivalent to a graduation as per WES. I received my WES a few months ago along with 3 other Indian CAs and we felt a shock, but that is how it is. This will not affect the career opportunities available to you in Canada. Also, do refer to the recent MOU signed by ICAI and CPA Canada. I also gave my B. Com. for evaluation hence got dual degree evaluation. Hope this helps.

Reactions: CA JP SINGH

CA JP SINGH

Dec 19, 2018
No need to protest or explain. Indian CA is equivalent to a graduation as per WES. I received my WES a few months ago along with 3 other Indian CAs and we felt a shock, but that is how it is. This will not affect the career opportunities available to you in Canada. Also, do refer to the recent MOU signed by ICAI and CPA Canada. I also gave my B. Com. for evaluation hence got dual degree evaluation. Hope this helps.
I agree. I clearly mentioned in my representation the level of study and training and syllabus which a CA goes through and also mentioned MOU. I plan to keep on raising this issue even at ICAI level for future applicants.

gpdave

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Dubai, UAE
Category........
FSW
I agree. I clearly mentioned in my representation the level of study and training and syllabus which a CA goes through and also mentioned MOU. I plan to keep on raising this issue even at ICAI level for future applicants.
Thanks for taking it up with ICAI, really hope they can do something about it.

Reactions: CA JP SINGH

CA JP SINGH

Dec 19, 2018
Thanks for taking it up with ICAI, really hope they can do something about it.
I wish to give the text of my representation to WES here, so that we all can pursue it at appropriate forum till it is resolved.

1. Respected Officer. Good Morning. I am a Chartered Accountant and I am a member of The Institute Of Chartered Accountants of India which is equivalent to any world level professional Institute. It contains toughest of the syllabus of International Accounting Standards of Audit and Assurance. It also includes highly specilized subjects of Financial Management ,Direct and Indirect taxes Computer Papers Management Company Law etc. This professional degree also includes toughest practical training of three years and the all India pass percentage is a meager 15 percent only. A large number of Chartered Accountants of India are placed world wide at highest positions in financial service sector. This qualification is much more above than an ordinary Bachelor' degree of three years. Even the CPA Institute of Canada has entered into MOU with ICAI of India for mutual recognition where Indian CAs can become CPA Canada by simply passing final examination of CPA. However your goodself has in my credential analysis Report has shown this CA degree equivalent to bachelor's degree. I wish to humbly request that this assessment needs to be reviewed and this CA qualification should be assessed as minimum to post graduation qualification of two years. I hope you would amend the report and take it as post-graduation qualification and if you do not intend to amend it , kindly let me know if there is any he procedure to make further appeal in this regards. Thanks & Regards. CA Ramanjot Singh

2. In continuation of my earlier submissions made yesterday, I wish to state that Indian Chartered Accountants are legally empowered by the Act of Parliament to attest and sign Financial documents ie Balance Sheet etc. worth billion of rupees and these are accepted worldwide as sacred documents for their reliability for making decisions by the governments and law enforcing agencies. Chartered Accountants due to their qualification are hundred times above an ordinary bachelor and are not equivalent by any measures. Biggest of the accounts of any company or other institutions are not accepted until a chartered accountant signs its report and gives his opinion. I therefore humbly request to go deeper in the matter as it is a question of carrier and future prospects of an individual and give at least Post Graduation equivalency to Chartered Accountants. Thanks & Regards. CA Ramanjot Singh

Reactions: Krutish and gpdave

gpdave

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Dubai, UAE
Category........
FSW
A bit off topic, but related question. Has anyone managed to apply for CPA Canada under the new MOU? CPA Ontario website has not been updated after the MOU.

Singhjeet

Oct 28, 2018
Hi guys , I need help !!!!!!!!

Can any one suggest on WES evaluation for Certified Management Accountant CMA USA ? Will it fall under category two ?

Please Advice ???

Jan 21, 2019
Please suggest if we can go for iqas. Does it recognises CA as masters. Also Wes is not recognising my MBA diploma from Symbiosis Pune. Will Iqas recognise it. Or should we go for icas