+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA-WES Evaluation- Chartered Accountant India

RojeshBasnet

Oct 3, 2019
Dear All,

I am a CA from India. I got my ECA evaluation done by WES for CA and B.com, below are the results:

1. CA - Canadian Equivalency = Bachelor's Degree (3 years)
2. B.com - Canadian Equivalency = Bachelor's Degree (4 years)

How is this possible that CA is recognized as Bachelor's Degree in Canada?
Please advise.

Thanks
Have anyone done Chartered accountant (CA) from India degree equivalency in terms of US Education/ Employment through agencies such as WES/ECS etc? If yes, what is the outcome. Is it equivalent to three year/four year US Bachelor degree?
For United States of America.
Response would be highly appreciated. URGENT

RojeshBasnet

Oct 3, 2019

garryrandhawa

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
Hi can somebody please let me know that after WES receives secondary verification, what does the status in our WES account look like?

Mine shows:

in progress
we are processing a new package or document for your application.

Do they show this status irrespective of the fact that they receive an email verification or a verification by post from the institute?

When will they give a completion date ? kindly please help. Thanks in advance.

fca.arun

Jul 30, 2020
Thanks for taking it up with ICAI, really hope they can do something about it.
I am Chartered Accountant too, with ten years of experience. But please understand that more than half the subjects we studied are useless for Canada, namely, Auditing, Company Law, Direct and Indirect taxes, because they are pertaining to practice in India. Thus for WES, only Accounts, Costing, Management Accounting and Financial Management matters, which are part of of their regular graduation syllabus.
We worked hard and studies, still it is top practice in India, outside it, nothing counts.
Anyway I am applying for WES evaluation knowingly.

Pal12

Feb 26, 2020
Send both in one envelope. They know that institute only seal it and give it to candidate as they will not bear the courier charges for the candidate. So send them together in one package
My question is, 1 CA transcript copy is sent by the institution and the other one is sent by us right? The copy sent by intuition has to be sealed?

Apr 6, 2021
If its showing bachelors finance 4 years hons select that because they are guessing it on your choice what value you are giving to your qualification then they assess it separately so from your side you choose 4 years bachelors. As far as i know all CAs are given equivalence to 4 years bachelors and i also got the same
What about other alternatives such as CES, ICAS or IQCS

Mayank Ahuja

May 6, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
You can select "Professional Education: Institute of Chartered Accountants........" under Type of Education

Manisha kamra

May 16, 2021
Hey everyone, if anyone has got his/her wes evaluation of CA degree recently then pls share the results as I have somewhere heard that CA is now recognised as master's by UGC so it may impact wes evaluation as well...I got my wes done in last year and its bachelor degree only.

Reactions: ItsmeRKM

ItsmeRKM

Jun 16, 2021
Hey everyone, if anyone has got his/her wes evaluation of CA degree recently then pls share the results as I have somewhere heard that CA is now recognised as master's by UGC so it may impact wes evaluation as well...I got my wes done in last year and its bachelor degree only.
Hi Manisha,

Could you pls tell me the process of getting transcripts from ICAI.

Mayank Ahuja

May 6, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I have recently applied to wes for evaluation of my CA degree and it's awaited
Shall update once I receive the results