+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA of Sikkim Manipal University Degree.

Omer Aman

Aug 6, 2020
Hi All

Hope You all are Fine, I started my ICAS Assessment last month but yet waiting for SMUD To send the Document Direct to ICAS
BCA(2008-2011),

nainsi1991

May 25, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I have completed my MBA from SMU-DE during 2012-2014 and want to apply for ECA though ICAS for CANADA PR.
Can anyone please guide me, how can I check if SMU DE was recognized by DEC or UGC during 2012-2014 or not ? Should I go with ICAS or any other Evaluation Services?
Is there any publicly available document, which I can check which recognition SMU-DE possessed year wise and if I need to send any supporting court notice/SMU recognition letter to ICAS along with documents?

Yes, it will be recognized by ICAS , but they will take atleast 10 months to evaluate

nainsi1991

May 25, 2019
Hello everyone.

I have completed my MCA from SMU-DE during 2008-2011 and want to apply for ECA though ICAS for CANADA PR.

Can anyone please guide me, how can check if SMU DE was recognized by DEC or UGC during 2008-2011 or not ?

Is there any publicly available document, which I can check which recognition SMU-DE possessed year wise and if I need to send any supporting court notice/SMU recognition letter to ICAS along with documents?

No such document available, but i think it will be recognised. I have MBA during 2012-2014 and got successfully assessed from ICAS. However, it took them 10 months to post results.

priyankaar

Nov 2, 2020
Hi guys,
I am planning to evaluate my SMU DE MBA degree(2013-2015) for Canada immigration but ICAS stated that they provide assessment for 'Distance education programs recognized by the DEC or UGC at the time of admission'
I am not sure about if SMU DE was UGC or DEC recognised in 2013.
Has anyone completed SMU DE degree in 2013-2015 time period and got positive assessment from ICAS for the same ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sharmaneha

Apr 29, 2019
Hi guys,
I am planning to evaluate my SMU DE MBA degree(2013-2015) for Canada immigration but ICAS stated that they provide assessment for 'Distance education programs recognized by the DEC or UGC at the time of admission'
I am not sure about if SMU DE was UGC or DEC recognised in 2013.
Has anyone completed SMU DE degree in 2013-2015 time period and got positive assessment from ICAS for the same ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
I have done bsc it in 2009 and at that time it was recognized by ugc

priyankaar

Nov 2, 2020
I have done bsc it in 2009 and at that time it was recognized by ugc
SMU DE faced some issue during 2012 to 2015 and then in 2015 both high court of Sikkim and Supreme court ruled that SMU DE is UGC recognized.
But not sure if it applies to period 2012-2015 when court case was going on.

Hemilshah80

Apr 3, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
SMU DE faced some issue during 2012 to 2015 and then in 2015 both high court of Sikkim and Supreme court ruled that SMU DE is UGC recognized.
But not sure if it applies to period 2012-2015 when court case was going on.
Go for It. Mine was recognized. However make sure to have ample amount of Patience as It took them roughly 9 Months to evaluate my Degree.

Reactions: priyankaar

Jaspreetleo89

Nov 9, 2020
Hi All,

I'm trying to get the application form for ICAS Canada however, I'm getting the message that right now - Currently processing large volume of applications. Please try later.

Please guide me how I can get the Immigration form so that I can generate my reference number.

And one more thing to confirm - is ICAS Canada is only one who is evaluating SMU Distance degree right now?

Regards
Jaspreet Singh

Sharmaneha

Apr 29, 2019
Hi All,

I'm trying to get the application form for ICAS Canada however, I'm getting the message that right now - Currently processing large volume of applications. Please try later.

Please guide me how I can get the Immigration form so that I can generate my reference number.

And one more thing to confirm - is ICAS Canada is only one who is evaluating SMU Distance degree right now?

Regards
Jaspreet Singh
Yes icas is the only one for amu de..as per my knowledge. N for form you have chk the site time to time. Nothing else you can do

priyankaar

Nov 2, 2020
Has anyone tried assessing Bachelor's degree from WES and Master's degree of SMUDE from ICAS ? Is it necessary for ICAS that both degrees should be assessed from them ?

I tried to email ICAS but got automatic reply that they are only responding to high priority queries and not generic queries.

Sharmaneha

Apr 29, 2019
Hello everyone, please suggest ...I got my ECA report today from icas they consider my msc it as post batchelors diploma. Is it not masters according to them?

AK_arun

Nov 17, 2020
Hi All,

Regards
Jaspreet Singh
try it in morning Hrs. i tried 7 AM today and was able to register. by 9 AM it was showing same error

Omer Aman

Aug 6, 2020
Today’s update ICAS
Date Event
12-17-2020 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
11-30-2020 Additional Information / Documents Received
11-18-2020 Additional Information / Documents Received
11-11-2020 Communication Received
11-04-2020 Communication Received
10-28-2020 Additional Information / Documents Received
08-09-2020 Application Received

dimplej

Dec 21, 2020
Hi, Can anyone help me with my queries for ICAS.
I have filled the Main Application form and received a file number. It is asking me to submit my original university documents, just wanted to know if you all also submitted original documents. Also there is another link to apply from which is Immigration to canada. Did I fill the correct form? I am really confused.

Thanks in advance.