+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA of Sikkim Manipal University Degree.

shafeeq7

Feb 21, 2017
Congrats for successful ECA candidates. Can anyone of help us (aspiring candidates).
Can you please list down the chrology for applying ECA through ICAS (SMU DE).

As per my understanding, I'm inputting a few points, please correct.
1. Book with ICAS for ECA.
2. ICAS gives a form to be filled by SMU
3. Book with SMU for Transcript
4. SMU sends us a form.
5. Complete SMU form (mark send directly to ICAS) & send it back along the ICAS form
6. SMU mails transcript & the ICAS form to ICAS.
7. ICAS starts processing the ECA.

Thanks

Reactions: Omer Aman

Aman10391

May 5, 2020
Congrats for successful ECA candidates. Can anyone of help us (aspiring candidates).
Can you please list down the chrology for applying ECA through ICAS (SMU DE).

As per my understanding, I'm inputting a few points, please correct.
1. Book with ICAS for ECA.
2. ICAS gives a form to be filled by SMU
3. Book with SMU for Transcript
4. SMU sends us a form.
5. Complete SMU form (mark send directly to ICAS) & send it back along the ICAS form
6. SMU mails transcript & the ICAS form to ICAS.
7. ICAS starts processing the ECA.

Thanks
Hi, Shafeeq can you let me know how can we apply for the transcripts from Sikkim Manipal University. You mentioned the procedure but I am still confused. If you reply, I would be thankful for this.

gurpreets88

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
Guys, I've a question around my MCA degree I got from SMU-DE. I got into lateral entry and wanted to check if anyone else has got their MCA degree from SMU-DE assessed? If yes, was the considered as a full Masters degree or what?

pammy0504

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
30-06-2018
Hello all,
I had taken my admission in SMU-DE in the year 2011 when the university was struggling for UGC recognition.
I had opted for evaluation through ICAS and they didn’t recognise it stating that the university was not recognised during your admission.
This is so frustrating and I just do not know what can be done in this case. I PR process has just stopped now, hopeless.

anybody who experienced the same?

May 28, 2020
Hi All,

Please help me with below query.

While filling up ICAS Application Form I had fill up my First and Last name, while on my SMU-DE degree name appears as First, Middle and Last name. Will it create any issue for processing ICAS report? Anyone have successful evaluation for SMU-DE degree from ICAS. Also, do we need to send passport copy to ICAS?

Appreciate your help at earliest.

Hemasharma29

Jun 16, 2020
Hi All

My friend has done MBA from SMU, can you please suggest
1 From where she should get her education evaluated i.e from ICAS or IQAS?
2. Does they evaluate MBA as masters or graduation?
3. What we need to fill in primary/ secondary/ post secondary section if ICAS is selected for verification.

Thank you so much in advance

Hemasharma29

Jun 16, 2020
Hello all,
I had taken my admission in SMU-DE in the year 2011 when the university was struggling for UGC recognition.
I had opted for evaluation through ICAS and they didn’t recognise it stating that the university was not recognised during your admission.
This is so frustrating and I just do not know what can be done in this case. I PR process has just stopped now, hopeless.

anybody who experienced the same?
When did SMU got UGC recognition?
My friend did her master's in 2012, will that get evaluated?

Thanks in advance

prinaires

Sep 23, 2019
finally some movement....
The following list shows the current state of your application. For further information, contact the ICAS office.
DateEvent
06-23-2020Assessment in Progress
11-15-2019Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
10-31-2019Additional Information / Documents Received
10-07-2019Additional Information / Documents Received
09-17-2019Application Received

Reactions: Lithin

Dev0007

Jul 19, 2020
Hello everyone.

I have completed my MCA from SMU-DE during 2008-2011 and want to apply for ECA though ICAS for CANADA PR.

Can anyone please guide me, how can check if SMU DE was recognized by DEC or UGC during 2008-2011 or not ?

Is there any publicly available document, which I can check which recognition SMU-DE possessed year wise and if I need to send any supporting court notice/SMU recognition letter to ICAS along with documents?

ryps

Nov 2, 2019
finally some movement....
The following list shows the current state of your application. For further information, contact the ICAS office.
DateEvent
06-23-2020Assessment in Progress
11-15-2019Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
10-31-2019Additional Information / Documents Received
10-07-2019Additional Information / Documents Received
09-17-2019Application Received
Hi Prinaires,
Hope you are doing well.

Please share updated timeline and help us all have an idea about their assessments.

Hemilshah80

Apr 3, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hello everyone.

I have completed my MCA from SMU-DE during 2008-2011 and want to apply for ECA though ICAS for CANADA PR.

Can anyone please guide me, how can check if SMU DE was recognized by DEC or UGC during 2008-2011 or not ?

Is there any publicly available document, which I can check which recognition SMU-DE possessed year wise and if I need to send any supporting court notice/SMU recognition letter to ICAS along with documents?

SMU DE will be considered as masters education only if you do your ECA by ICAS . It will take roughly around 9 months for them to evaluate your degree regardless of your year of passing.

Hemilshah80

Apr 3, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
When did SMU got UGC recognition?
My friend did her master's in 2012, will that get evaluated?

Thanks in advance
Yes regardless of the year of Passing. ICAS will consider it equivalentas masters degree. The only thing is they'll take approximately 9 months to process.

Jul 31, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I have completed my MBA from SMU-DE during 2012-2014 and want to apply for ECA though ICAS for CANADA PR.
Can anyone please guide me, how can I check if SMU DE was recognized by DEC or UGC during 2012-2014 or not ? Should I go with ICAS or any other Evaluation Services?