+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto Comparative Education Service (CES) - My Experience

Sferr

Jul 28, 2020
I completed my masters from SIU- Symbiosis International University - MBA
They have an online process to send the transcripts/documents.
Wanted to check - Does the university need to go through truecopy to submit my transcripts online to CES? Or can they send it to the ces email or directly?

Reactions: Mitali Shah

Mitali Shah

Sep 4, 2020
I completed my masters from SIU- Symbiosis International University - MBA
They have an online process to send the transcripts/documents.
Wanted to check - Does the university need to go through truecopy to submit my transcripts online to CES? Or can they send it to the ces email or directly?
Hi- Can you please let me know more on the online process by SIU. I too have completed MBA from SIIB, SIU. Have tried to reach them in this week but yet to get any response.
Which options do I have to select on the application form of SIU to ensure that it happens ?
Also, if I select CES physical address, will SIU not courier the transcripts directly to them ?
If they do, is CES not validating through physical copies, didn't find any such mention on the site.

LillyKaur

Sep 7, 2020
I don't believe lots of you're all checking the CES website or the emails the management sent. I also see the wrong information given here. The government made the university of toronto shut down from march 18 until recently. Now they have a few members of the ces team but most are still working from home, this was in the management email that I got. You will not be able to speak with the team on the phone bcaus they are focusing on the backlog that covid created (again this was int he email).

If you go to ces page and click APPLY NOW you will see all the covid emails that were sent since they got asked to shut down their office. the August one is the most recent so read that. All the questions you guys are asking here the answers are on the website so read this:
https://help.learn.utoronto.ca/hc/en-us/articles/360044714174-CES-Updates-and-FAQs-Regarding-COVID-19

I have been keeping track of the above article for months and they have alwys updated with updated infrmation.

My marksheets were sent February but my university in India is also shutdown becaus of covid so they couldn't send electronic one. I told ces in email i will wait until the transcript in their office is reviewed when they gave me options. I got very friendly and detailed responses.

matrixreloded

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
My experience with ces is very terrible.
I hope people go to ICES or IQAS.
I have 472 crs and because of ces I may loose my chance in future.
My documents reached on 17th march, no real updates fater that, only evasive emails.
My friend went to WES and got ECA done in less than 30 days.
Both WES and CES are in canada. CES is beyond useless at this point.

Reactions: UmarPaL

Ankita24

Aug 4, 2020
My experience with ces is very terrible.
I hope people go to ICES or IQAS.
I have 472 crs and because of ces I may loose my chance in future.
My documents reached on 17th march, no real updates fater that, only evasive emails.
My friend went to WES and got ECA done in less than 30 days.
Both WES and CES are in canada. CES is beyond useless at this point.
My documents reached there by January 2020.. Still no updates...

Reactions: matrixreloded

Joy2020

Sep 6, 2020
Guys, I have sent my docs (transcript) on Dec 11 to CES. My University (Anna University - Chennai, India) was not approved by UGC at the time (2015 when I joined); however, the university got the approval now.
My university was approved by AICTE though. Now CES informed me that my university was under UGC during the time I studied and hence seeks a letter from the university demanding the same. Anybody in my situation?
I'm stuck
hey.. How did you go about next?

Joy2020

Sep 6, 2020
Hello Harish

I have a similar case,
Got my Bachelor's evaluated from WES. Now that i'v completed my 1 year Post graduate Certificate program in machine learning from Great lakes institute of Management, I'd want to get this evaluated as well. I am planning to get this done by CES Should I send my bachelor's degree as well for evaluation(2 degrees evaluation) ? Or just my post graduate diploma alone will be sufficient?
Hello Harish,

I'm from Chennai. I already got my Bachelor's evaluated from WES. Now that i'v completed my 1 year Post graduate Certificate program from Great lakes institute of Management, I'd want to get this evaluated as well. I'm skeptical that WES does not recognize this University. So I'm planning for CES.

In my scenario, should I send my bachelor's degree as well for evaluation(2 degrees evaluation) ? Or just my post graduate diploma alone will be sufficient? Pls share your inputs.
Hi Sudhakar.. Did CES accept your PGP as 2 or more degrees? How did you submit your documents? Currently the college is closed and unable to get them send the certificates.

matrixreloded

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
My documents reached there by January 2020.. Still no updates...
which uni? what degree?
Do you submit the tickets in help section and keep asking them for updates?
I have done BCA then MBA from pune university, since WES is not giving masters I had to take CES option.

Ankita24

Aug 4, 2020
which uni? what degree?
I have done BCA then MBA from pune university, since WES is not giving masters I had to take CES option.
MBA degree...
So the last time I was updated that they contacted my University for some verification of papers. Then no updates.
So I'm confused if I should contact them again asking what the status is after the university verification

kumaraks

Jun 29, 2020
which uni? what degree?
Hi, When did you submit the transcripts? Did you get any information from them?

matrixreloded

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Hi, When did you submit the transcripts? Did you get any information from them?
I submitted Paper transcripts, documents reached toronto university on 17th march.
After relentless emailing, on 16th of september i got an email that transcripts are accepted.
IDK how long it takes after that for actual evaluation.

matrixreloded

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
MBA degree...
So the last time I was updated that they contacted my University for some verification of papers. Then no updates.
So I'm confused if I should contact them again asking what the status is after the university verification
16 sept I got an email from then C2 update: transcripts accepted/all documents necessary are received.
Do you know how long it generally takes to evaluate after that?
Did you submit ticket for your case?