+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto Comparative Education Service (CES) - My Experience

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
Thanks Truecopy still requires the university to submit a softcopy.

My question is different- "Does CES need the bachelor's degree transcript at all, if I only need to get ECA for my Masters?"
Assuming they do need it because they don’t seem to, you send the Master’s diploma and transcripts. If by the time they assess your documents they need anything else, they’ll let you know.

So if you want to play it safe and fast, send your highest degree for evaluation first, pay them. Only then you can try to save some time only if you know they’ll ask for more documents by gathering your Bachelor’s diploma and transcripts and having the sealed envelope mailed too.

Last edited:

dranuragz

Aug 5, 2019
Assuming they do need it because they don’t seem to, you send the Master’s diploma and transcripts. If by the time they assess your documents they need anything else, they’ll let you know.

So if you want to play it safe and fast, send your highest degree for evaluation first, pay them. Only then you can try to save some time only if you know they’ll ask for more documents by gathering your Bachelor’s diploma and transcripts and having the sealed envelope mailed too.
thanks. Was hoping to learn from someone who has already gotten his masters evaluated from UoT- did they have to submit the bachelors transcripts?

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
thanks. Was hoping to learn from someone who has already gotten his masters evaluated from UoT- did they have to submit the bachelors transcripts?
As a matter of fact, I did receive an ECA for my Master’s degree. They did not request any previous diploma.
Some people hold degrees from less recognized universities and might have to prove the extent of their education to CES, hence my use of ifs.

harish010188

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hello dranuragz - If you did your bachelors and PG, then please get your both degrees evaluated. Luckily you may get masters equivalency (4+2). I got this information from these forums itself.

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
Hello dranuragz - If you did your bachelors and PG, then please get your both degrees evaluated. Luckily you may get masters equivalency (4+2). I got this information from these forums itself.
Also, CES must have a comparative database as it evaluates a huge number of degrees from numerous universities. For example, some details about how to get the master's I received, that I did not even send, were in my report. As the report states, they seem to be doing a systematic thorough check. Good to know

nikhil_pal

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-06-2019
Hi All,
I have applied ECA for MBA degree from BITS Pilani WILP Programme, the transcripts were delivered on 23-July-2019 and early today morning 19-Oct-2019 the assessment is completed and I got Email for this but without the result of the assessment I logged in My Access to check the outcome of the assessment but nothing is there, the final step of the applicate Decision Dispatched is still pending.

What I should do in this case, do I need to order separately the online copy to know the outcome?

Can anybody help with this?

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
Hi All,
I have applied ECA for MBA degree from BITS Pilani WILP Programme, the transcripts were delivered on 23-July-2019 and early today morning 19-Oct-2019 the assessment is completed and I got Email for this but without the result of the assessment I logged in My Access to check the outcome of the assessment but nothing is there, the final step of the applicate Decision Dispatched is still pending.

What I should do in this case, do I need to order separately the online copy to know the outcome?

Can anybody help with this?
Hi Nikhil, CES stopped sending unofficial e-mail copies in August of this year, complying with IRCC. If you chose to receive it by courrier, or the posts, you can wait a few weeks. If you need it promptly, you can always apply for an official electronic copy (you only need a scanned version for express entry, as far as what’s written on the gov site) by paying an additional $32 CAD to CES.

Reactions: Fantastica

God's Grace

Sep 14, 2019
I'm in Nigeria can I ask that the ECA report be sent to my brother who is in Canada? Also, can he scan the report to me so that I use it for Express entry? please can someone advice me.

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
Can I get my ECA done from different authorities? Say Bachelors from WES and masters from IQAS or UOT? How would this be captured in the application? Thanks
Totally. You just need an electronic version of it for IRCC purposes. No reason not to send it wherever you want in Canada.

Reactions: God's Grace

kashifkasim

Apr 9, 2019
  • Started Jul 28, 2019
  • Submitted Jul 28, 2019
  • Not Complete1. Initial Review In Progress
  • Complete2. Transcript(s) Received (status updated on 15 Aug 2019)
  • Not Complete3. Initial Review Complete
  • Not Complete4. Assessment In Progress
  • Not Complete5. Assessment Decision Made
  • Not Complete6. Decision Dispatched

Transcripts were delivered via DHL on 6th August 2019, the took approx a week to update the status. Now waiting..

• Complete1. Initial Review In Progress (status updated on 11 Sep 2019)
  • Complete2. Transcript(s) Received (status updated on 15 Aug 2019)
  • Not Complete3. Initial Review Complete
  • Not Complete4. Assessment In Progress
  • Not Complete5. Assessment Decision Made
  • Not Complete6. Decision Dispatched

Still waiting.. :(

Manishprasher

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
I
anyone else who applied b/w (july end - aug start) facing the same issue?
I started on 3rd Oct, got my transcript from university on 31oct and submitted my application. 6th nov my courier was received by CES (as per courier tracking) and I am still waiting for any tick on next steps, anxiously waiting for it to progress!!