+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto Comparative Education Service (CES) - My Experience

Ankita24

Aug 4, 2020
Yes, they are closed. However, as my University is open, I have asked CES to send a verification email (of my Degree, Marksheets, Provisional which I have uploaded while creating account) to my university.
My University did get an email from CES and they responded to CES acknowledging them about my certificates (I paid around $25 to my university)
Indian Universities won't be sending electronic transcripts but can send acknowledgement to ECA bodies (occasionally and not every University)
So that's how I got it
How long did this process take? And to which email can you contact them to ask them to send verification mail?

kumaraks

Jun 29, 2020
Let me tell you what exactly happened. He studied MMS (Master of Management Studies) at Mumbai University and he held a 3 years Bachelor Degree (UG).
CES awarded him "Bachelors Equivalency" to his MMS Degree.
He said, his friend (same class) too got Bachelor Equivalency.
Just sharing what happened in my friend's scenario.
But as you have completed an MBA degree, you should be fine
MBA degree from Mumbai University is called as 'Master of Management Studies'. Hoping to get the MBA equivalency from CES. It's just been 15 days for me so i assume wait is long for valuation. :)

kumaraks

Jun 29, 2020
Guys, I've sent my documents for evaluation since December and haven't yet received the report. This is frustrating.

Anyone else whose sent theirs during that time and still haven't received?
I know that this wait is really frustrating. Did your university send the physical copy of transcript?

samkbr69

Aug 3, 2020
All of my friends who studied MBA from Chennai, Hyderabad, Gujarat, Kerala and from other places have got Masters equivalency.
If you are a PG diploma holder, then yes, no Masters equivalency
If the certificate reads MBA, then it is 100% MBA equivalency given by CES
Who said to you that CES is not giving MBA equivalency to an MBA degree of India?
If i am a PG diploma holder with 3 years bcom, can I get 2 or more degree/certificate from ces/wes/iqas?

samkbr69

Aug 3, 2020
Hello Harish,

I'm from Chennai. I already got my Bachelor's evaluated from WES. Now that i'v completed my 1 year Post graduate Certificate program from Great lakes institute of Management, I'd want to get this evaluated as well. I'm skeptical that WES does not recognize this University. So I'm planning for CES.

In my scenario, should I send my bachelor's degree as well for evaluation(2 degrees evaluation) ? Or just my post graduate diploma alone will be sufficient? Pls share your inputs.
Did you get any outcome from this?

samkbr69

Aug 3, 2020
Hi Mate - When you call CES just enquire if your university is in approved list or not and they can't commit over the phone that you'll get masters or not. And ECA outcome will be based on the education years and not on the % of marks you obtained. So dont worry on your marks. CES has high chances of giving you Masters as you've 4+2 years of education.

Taking my case as eg: I have 3+2 years of education and from WES i got "Two or more degrees", now for my spouse i opted CES. She also has 3+2 years of education and we opted CES instead of WES and trying our luck to get masters. Outcome expected in Jan end.

Majority of forum members say that 4+2 years education will get Masters, just hope for the best and try. Good luck.
Hi Harish. Did your wife got evaluated as masters for 3+2 degree? PLease let me know the answer. I am in the same situation. Thank You

samkbr69

Aug 3, 2020
Hi Mate - When you call CES just enquire if your university is in approved list or not and they can't commit over the phone that you'll get masters or not. And ECA outcome will be based on the education years and not on the % of marks you obtained. So dont worry on your marks. CES has high chances of giving you Masters as you've 4+2 years of education.

Taking my case as eg: I have 3+2 years of education and from WES i got "Two or more degrees", now for my spouse i opted CES. She also has 3+2 years of education and we opted CES instead of WES and trying our luck to get masters. Outcome expected in Jan end.

Majority of forum members say that 4+2 years education will get Masters, just hope for the best and try. Good luck.
Hi harish, what was 3+2 degrees?

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
MBA degree from Mumbai University is called as 'Master of Management Studies'. Hoping to get the MBA equivalency from CES. It's just been 15 days for me so i assume wait is long for valuation. :)
My friend too studied MMS from Mumbai University and he was given '4 years Bachelor Equivalency'. So I'm not sure what will be the outcome in your case.
Was your UG a 4 year one?

ranjit04

Aug 3, 2020
i hope this helps. I contacted CES regarding processing time for Electronic documents they received after march 17. As per their website there is no delay in electronic applications. They said they have 2 queues (one for physical documents and other for electronic). But they are currently prioritizing files they received in dec, jan, feb and early march.

Jasreegu

Dec 18, 2019
My friend too studied MMS from Mumbai University and he was given '4 years Bachelor Equivalency'. So I'm not sure what will be the outcome in your case.
Hello Ajay,

Could you pl lemme know how long ces took to send report from the date your university responded to their verifcation mail?

kumaraks

Jun 29, 2020
Yes, my UG is of 4 year but i am doing ECA for highest qualification only. Not sure if this will have any impact on evaluation. Today, Mumbai University sent them email with transcript.

Last edited: