+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto Comparative Education Service (CES) - My Experience

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi

I've done master MSC Electronic Media (Anna university Chennai(CEG)) 2 years . does CES will give a Master's Equivalency ?

I ve done Bsc (3years)- Bharathiyar university - planning apply in WES to get early report

Im applying two different institutes ... is it ok ?

or I need apply UG/PG with CES to get Master's Equivalency ?

Thanks
Panneer
I assume it may be a common 3+2 case, in which, per other posts on this thread, normally CES awards 4 years bachelors + 1-year Post-graduate diploma (although, in some occasions people have received Masters, and I think only when sending their Master's Degree alone). It depends on the college and programs.

NicoleDaniela

Mar 25, 2020
I'm in the process of CES application and didn't pay yet. My reference number is displaying with X000000 on top of the application. Will this number change after I make payment or always same?

Because I'm sending Academic Record Request form to my university prior to make payment with current reference number. Due to COVID, it may be delay from university. Once they receive my documents, I will pay to CES. Please confirm on this reference number whether it's unique or will change..
Hi ! I have the same question,

I need to translate my documents and the university and the translation will take time, so in meanwhile I wanna pay the fees.

Did it change ? Thanks for your response

Nicole

NicoleDaniela

Mar 25, 2020
Hi Guys, I have 2 questions,

1. I want to get evaluated 5 years bachelor degree and 1 year PG program, what will be the result ?

2. Someone have send electronic transcripts from university email recently? everything went well ? any recommendation ?

Thanks for your responses in advance :)

Nicole

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Hello All,
I got the report from CES. My details and timeline below:

University - Anna University
Place - Chennai
Degree Studied - MBA (Technology Management)
Nature - Part Time/Distance Education
Length - 2 Years

Timeline:
Transcripts Reached CES office - Dec 11, 2019
Date Document uploaded in their system - Jan 25
First two steps done - March 21
Third step - July 26
Final Stop - July 30
ECA report - July 31

ECA - Masters Equivalency from a recognized University

No one explained to me if CES would equate a Masters's degree in India as Masters in Canada but I got Masters equivalency.

At the same time, a friend of mine who completed a "Master of management studies" from Mumbai University, was awarded "bachelor's equivalency".
One thing is for sure. If your certificate reads MBA and if your University/Institution is under UGC, go with CES. Else do not go. MCAs, MAs, MSCs, and others (Except MBA) are advised not to go with CES.

Hope this helps people

Cheers
Ajay

Jazzpanag

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10 May'22
IELTS Request
L-8,R-8,S-7.5,W-7.5
Passport Req..
25th May'22
Hello All,

Place - Chennai
Length - 2 Years

Timeline:
Third step - July 26
Final Stop - July 30
ECA report - July 31

No one explained to me if CES would equate a Masters's degree in India as Masters in Canada but I got Masters equivalency.

At the same time, a friend of mine who completed a "Master of management studies" from Mumbai University, was awarded "bachelor's equivalency".
One thing is for sure. If your certificate reads MBA and if your University/Institution is under UGC, go with CES. Else do not go. MCAs, MAs, MSCs, and others (Except MBA) are advised not to go with CES.

Hope this helps people

Cheers
Ajay
Hello,

Have you sent electronic transcripts or hard copies

Jazzpanag

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10 May'22
IELTS Request
L-8,R-8,S-7.5,W-7.5
Passport Req..
25th May'22
Documents reached at ces on 9th Jan, still 2 steps complete ,

How much more time to wait

kumaraks

Jun 29, 2020
Hello All,

Place - Chennai
Length - 2 Years

Timeline:
Third step - July 26
Final Stop - July 30
ECA report - July 31

Hope this helps people

Cheers
Ajay
I read somewhere on this forum that for 'Master of Management Studies' (MBA from Mumbai University) also CES gives Master's Equivalency. I did my MBA from Mumbai University and sent them degree for evaluation. Now, i am little concerned with what happened to your friend.

kumaraks

Jun 29, 2020
Hi ! I have the same question,

I need to translate my documents and the university and the translation will take time, so in meanwhile I wanna pay the fees.

Did it change ? Thanks for your response

Nicole
No, it does not change. Application number that starts with X remains same after payment.

Reactions: NicoleDaniela

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
I read somewhere on this forum that for 'Master of Management Studies' (MBA from Mumbai University) also CES gives Master's Equivalency. I did my MBA from Mumbai University and sent them degree for evaluation. Now, i am little concerned with what happened to your friend.
Let me tell you what exactly happened. He studied MMS (Master of Management Studies) at Mumbai University and he held a 3 years Bachelor Degree (UG).
CES awarded him "Bachelors Equivalency" to his MMS Degree.
He said, his friend (same class) too got Bachelor Equivalency.
Just sharing what happened in my friend's scenario.
But as you have completed an MBA degree, you should be fine

ranjit04

Aug 3, 2020
anyone who have sent documents electronically has received their final report yet ? it says on the website that electronic files are being processed in 12 weeks ONLY WITHOUT DELAYS but all i get every time i call them is my file is in queue. They received my documents electronically on 5th may, 2020.

Ankita24

Aug 4, 2020
Hello All,

Place - Chennai
Length - 2 Years

Timeline:
Third step - July 26
Final Stop - July 30
ECA report - July 31

Hope this helps people

Cheers
Ajay

Arent they closed at the moment? How did you receive them?!

Ankita24

Aug 4, 2020
Guys, I've sent my documents for evaluation since December and haven't yet received the report. This is frustrating.

Anyone else whose sent theirs during that time and still haven't received?

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Arent they closed at the moment? How did you receive them?!
Yes, they are closed. However, as my University is open, I have asked CES to send a verification email (of my Degree, Marksheets, Provisional which I have uploaded while creating account) to my university.
My University did get an email from CES and they responded to CES acknowledging them about my certificates (I paid around $25 to my university)
Indian Universities won't be sending electronic transcripts but can send acknowledgement to ECA bodies (occasionally and not every University)
So that's how I got it