+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto (CES)

THEJAYKAY

Star Member
Jan 8, 2021
If CES send my educational institute verification mail will they give me cc or any notification? I need to know that since my educational institute won't reply CES until I pay them the required fees for the verification reply.
Ces will not cc you in any mail verification because it violates the integrity of evaluation, they won't even inform you the email address they have mailed pertaining to verification. You have to follow up with your university or the contact email ID mentioned in your college' website, Goodluck!

Harvey2014

Apr 7, 2021
Hi everyone, Love the group. Have a question. I Submitted my CES Application Jan 20th via email from my University in Ireland I got a notification a month later saying it's been accepted and heard nothing since. Typically how long does the process take if submitted electronically. My Visa expires in October and I am starting to worry as I noticed in the portal they are no longer even showing the 6 steps they used to have. With timelines being tight between getting the ces accreditation and the visa ending would you apply via WES or is this a over reaction? Any help would be great or advice. Thanks

Lixa

Star Member
Oct 10, 2020
Hi everyone, Love the group. Have a question. I Submitted my CES Application Jan 20th via email from my University in Ireland I got a notification a month later saying it's been accepted and heard nothing since. Typically how long does the process take if submitted electronically. My Visa expires in October and I am starting to worry as I noticed in the portal they are no longer even showing the 6 steps they used to have. With timelines being tight between getting the ces accreditation and the visa ending would you apply via WES or is this a over reaction? Any help would be great or advice. Thanks

Hi. I also submitted my documents through email and it took 4.5 months to get my ECA. You can find approximate timelines here : https://learn.utoronto.ca/comparative-education-service-apply-now/ces-covid-19-updates

I'm not sure I understand your question right but do you hope to get a visa before October? I think It will be very difficult cause the journey is still long after ECA

Muskaan129

Nov 12, 2018
My timeline

I applied on jan 12 2021,
university sent transcripts on 9th march 2021
CES mailed april 9 2021, that my transcripts have been received

Reactions: atif ali

THEJAYKAY

Star Member
Jan 8, 2021
After 7 months of excruciating struggle, I got Masters for my MBA from CES. I am not going to share my timeline here as that wont make any sense. I hope everyone gets positive evaluation but you have endure the pain. I wish everyone great life ahead.

atif ali

Star Member
May 12, 2016
My ECA Timeline :

Submitted Application : 4th Sep'20 Physical Docs Received : 22nd Sep'20
  • Complete1. Initial Review In Progress
  • Complete2. Transcript(s) Received
  • Complete3. Initial Review Complete (30th March'21)
  • Complete4. Assessment In Progress (30th March'21)
  • Not Complete5. Assessment Decision Made
  • Not Complete6. Decision Dispatched
For anyone interested, they are processing end Sep'20 applications now (Physical documents). From what I have observed, it's taking them around 2 days to complete applications for 3 days. You can calculate your processing time accordingly.
does your application still in process...……………..or decision made been done.

atif ali

Star Member
May 12, 2016
My timeline

I applied on jan 12 2021,
university sent transcripts on 9th march 2021
CES mailed april 9 2021, that my transcripts have been received
I applied march 6th 2021. heard nothing since that date except an email from them that documents have been received. but I am surprised that I cant see any status on their ces portal.
are you able to see anything on their portal...…..

manveer1414

May 29, 2017
I applied march 6th 2021. heard nothing since that date except an email from them that documents have been received. but I am surprised that I can't see any status on their ces portal.
Yes, they have stopped updating the status on their website and will contact through mail only. My status is also not available on the CES portal.
They are very slow, these days they are taking 6 to 8 Months for clearing files.

Mar 5, 2021
I applied march 6th 2021. heard nothing since that date except an email from them that documents have been received. but I am surprised that I cant see any status on their ces portal.
Official response from CES

To improve our communication with applicants, we have adopted a new communication module since March 19, 2021. With the launch of this new module, we will no longer update your online application status. Instead, you will be notified by email of the progress of your application. Kindly monitor your inbox for upcoming notifications.

If your application was submitted before March 17, 2021, you may notice a change in the application progress steps explained in the notifications you will be receiving. However, this change will not impact the processing of your application.

safatio

Nov 23, 2020
I got an email today from CES indicating that my application has moved forward to the 3rd stage. I have submitted my application on Oct 20.
  • Complete1. Initial Review In Progress (Jan 18)
  • Complete2. Transcript(s) Received (Jan 18)
  • Not Complete3. Initial Review Complete
  • Not Complete4. Assessment In Progress
  • Not Complete5. Assessment Decision Made
  • Not Complete6. Decision Dispatched
Guys, I just got an update regarding my application indicating that my academic documents have been authenticated.
They also stated that "the remaining steps will be completed much faster. ". Fingers crossed :)

safatio

Nov 23, 2020
Guys, I just got an update regarding my application indicating that my academic documents have been authenticated.
They also stated that "the remaining steps will be completed much faster. ". Fingers crossed :)
I'd like to let you know that yesterday I got my ECA report electronically. Wish you luck!

Reactions: Harvey2014

js555

May 1, 2021
I did.
My wife's transcripts were sent on 15 Dec 20 and still hasn't received the ECA. My transcripts were sent on 19 Jan 21, so that is another month or two away.
my transcripts were sent on February 3rd. This means it’s taking more than 20 weeks, hope they do it sooner

Harvey2014

Apr 7, 2021
Does anyone know how long it takes from when your documents have been authenticated to receiving the ECA Report? Should it be another 2/3 weeks or longer? Any help would be great - Thank you