+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto (CES)

js555

May 1, 2021
Please can someone confirm if CES provides Masters equivalency to Masters in Management Studies degree from Mumbai University. Or if IQAS does instead.
Going by previous replies in the thread, ces probably won't. IQAS may give but I'm not sure.
You may ask Ali Iftikhar on YT, he could know about it. All the best!

Saurabh3300

Star Member
Jan 4, 2021
Finally got my ECA as Master's equivalency after 6 months of wait.

I only submitted my MBA transcripts (2 year regular, electronic submission). Did not submit my bachelors. Had some issues wherein CES misplaced my docs and I had to again request my university to resend.

But happy with the end result.

Viswa05

Jul 12, 2021
Does anybody know where I can download CES ECA form. In the Site I have seen "Upgrade your CES Educational Credential
Assessment for Canadian Immigration Programs
" form which is for general applicant who wants to upgrade I believe. I applied for Immigration and even paid the fee, but i didn't get any form to fill and send it to my university. Anybody who had done Eca from CES kindly advise where have you downloaded the form from.

Saurabh3300

Star Member
Jan 4, 2021
Does anybody know where I can download CES ECA form. In the Site I have seen "Upgrade your CES Educational Credential
Assessment for Canadian Immigration Programs
" form which is for general applicant who wants to upgrade I believe. I applied for Immigration and even paid the fee, but i didn't get any form to fill and send it to my university. Anybody who had done Eca from CES kindly advise where have you downloaded the form from.
Here you go https://learn.utoronto.ca/sites/default/files/2018-10/Request-Official-Academic-Records-2018.pdf

Reactions: Viswa05

Saurabh3300

Star Member
Jan 4, 2021
Thanks Man. and one more thing, Should I have to submit both my 3yr Bachelor and 2yr MBA for Masters equivalency from CES?
It worked for me with just the Masters (MBA) transcripts.
It depends more on your college/kind of course than what you did for bachelors. But be mindful that if you get equivalency of Bachelors, then you will have to get your bachelors assessed as well to get double bachelor equivalency.

Nekky91

Nov 8, 2020
I submitted my document ''Masters in Human Resource Management''.
I received the mail below from CES on the 25 of July, 2021:

''You should have already received an email confirming that your documents have been accepted for assessment and we are initiating the process to confirm the recognition of your academic program(s) at the time of your studies and the Canadian equivalency of your academic qualification(s).
We are writing to let you know that you can expect the decision on your assessment outcome within two weeks, unless there is a significant delay due to additional information related to the recognition of your credential(s) required from your former institution or the competent authorities of your country of education. In that case, you will receive a separate notification from us.''

It's over 2 weeks and I'm yet to get any feedback from them. Reaching them has been a hassle. I filed the contact form on the 5th of July and haven't received any response from them even though their response time is within 2 - 5 business days.

I'm confused and worried.

Nekky91

Nov 8, 2020
Finally got my ECA as Master's equivalency after 6 months of wait.

I only submitted my MBA transcripts (2 year regular, electronic submission). Did not submit my bachelors. Had some issues wherein CES misplaced my docs and I had to again request my university to resend.

But happy with the end result.
Hi, How long did it take from the assessment stage for you to receive your e-report?

Nekky91

Nov 8, 2020
Guys, I just got an update regarding my application indicating that my academic documents have been authenticated.
They also stated that "the remaining steps will be completed much faster. ". Fingers crossed :)
Hello, how long did it take from this stage ''academic documents have been authenticated'' to getting your e-report.

Nekky91

Nov 8, 2020
UPDATE: I just received an email from CES, please find the email below:

''Your application has currently been put on hold as we have written to your former educational institution to confirm the recognition of your program in 2015. Your assessment will be finalized as soon as we receive a response from them.
As per our Terms and Conditions (https://learn.utoronto.ca/comparative-education-service/about-ces/terms-conditions), if the University of Toronto deems it necessary to contact the appropriate authorities to obtain information about the program of study and/or to require verification of the documents.
You might want to contact your former educational institution and ask them to answer our request as soon as possible so that the processing of your application can resume.''

What does this mean? They already sent a verification email last 2 months, which confirmation is this again?

Somebody please help, I need a response

Saurabh3300

Star Member
Jan 4, 2021
UPDATE: I just received an email from CES, please find the email below:

''Your application has currently been put on hold as we have written to your former educational institution to confirm the recognition of your program in 2015. Your assessment will be finalized as soon as we receive a response from them.
As per our Terms and Conditions (https://learn.utoronto.ca/comparative-education-service/about-ces/terms-conditions), if the University of Toronto deems it necessary to contact the appropriate authorities to obtain information about the program of study and/or to require verification of the documents.
You might want to contact your former educational institution and ask them to answer our request as soon as possible so that the processing of your application can resume.''

What does this mean? They already sent a verification email last 2 months, which confirmation is this again?

Somebody please help, I need a response
Like CES said, it takes less than 2 weeks to receive final assessment after the authentication stage.
My understanding is they need more information from your university (could be something like UGC recognition and whether your program was recognized in 2015)

At this point, it best that you contact your university's office and ask them to reply to CES. Once they reply back and CES is convinced, it will take 1-2 weeks max

Reactions: Nekky91

Nekky91

Nov 8, 2020
Like CES said, it takes less than 2 weeks to receive final assessment after the authentication stage.
My understanding is they need more information from your university (could be something like UGC recognition and whether your program was recognized in 2015)

At this point, it best that you contact your university's office and ask them to reply to CES. Once they reply back and CES is convinced, it will take 1-2 weeks max
Thank you.

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
how does university know who is sending emails for verification.
My friend who applied for CES in Jan 2021 waiting on it..

Does anyone know who is the agency CES is using to verify and do checks ??

University in India gets 100nds of emails - there is no way to find out who and what -

Does anyone know the agency name ? So that university can be alerted...

Last edited:

Saurabh3300

Star Member
Jan 4, 2021
As
how does university know who is sending emails for verification.
My friend who applied for CES in Jan 2021 waiting on it..

Does anyone know who is the agency CES is using to verify and do checks ??

University in India gets 100nds of emails - there is no way to find out who and what -

Does anyone know the agency name ? So that university can be alerted...
As far as I'm aware they are doing it in house. University would receive email from CES directly

Reactions: terki