+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto (CES)

trushitpatel

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
My wife received it 2 days after her C3 and I after 7 days (ces received my documents 7 days before hers) so no worries you will get it in the next days.

We both received master equivalency for an "European Master" - - >3 years bachelor and 2 years Master
Thank you for your reply. My be I will get my final report by next week. All the best you guys.

Saurabh3300

Star Member
Jan 4, 2021
Thank you for your reply. My be I will get my final report by next week. All the best you guys.
Looks like they are wrapping up October reports. I should get my wife's ECA in about 1.5 months from now!

It's really a long wait and they must consider speeding up their process by hiring temporary staff.

atif ali

Star Member
May 12, 2016
GUYS. I POSTED MY DOCUMENTS THROUGH DHL AND SHOWS DELIVERED ALREADY A WEEK BEFORE. I WONDER HOW I WILL GET ACKNOWLEDGE ON IT. DOES CES TORONTO INFORM US WHICH WAY? BY EMAIL OR WHAT? PLEASE HELP AND ADVISE ME.

atif ali

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Hmm yes i think i must wait for this month
PLEASE HELP!!
I POSTED MY DOCUMENTS THROUGH DHL AND SHOWS DELIVERED ALREADY A WEEK BEFORE. I WONDER HOW I WILL GET ACKNOWLEDGE ON IT. DOES CES TORONTO INFORM US WHICH WAY? BY EMAIL OR WHAT? PLEASE HELP AND ADVISE ME.

atif ali

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Hi all,

I have a question for those who got their ECA from CES University of Toronto: On Jan 25th I submitted my profile and on February 7th I received confirmation that my transcripts were received (my profile now show "Transcripts Received - Complete"). However, since Feb 7, I have no other updates.. :(
I saw other experiences shared on this forum for people who submitted their profile after I did, and almost all either received updates, either got their decision dispatched, which doesn't make sense for me as according to their website (CES), they are processing the applications on "first come, first serve" rule..

Can I please ask for any feedback / guidance on this please?

I'm a bit stressed about my timeline because I already work in Canada on work permit due to an internal job transfer from Romania to Canada, but I'm looking to submit my application for PR and I cannot do it without ECA.. (and my work permit will expire in 2020)

My CES profile:
  • Complete 1. Initial Review In Progress - JAN 25th
  • Complete 2. Transcript(s) Received - FEB 7th
  • Not Complete 3. Initial Review Complete
  • Not Complete 4. Assessment In Progress
  • Not Complete 5. Assessment Decision Made
  • Not Complete 6. Decision Dispatched
HELP PLEASE:- MY DOCUMENTS DELIVERED BY DHL LAST WEEK, NOW HOW AND WHEN I WILL GET ACKNOWLEDGE THAT CES HAS RECEIVED MY DOCUMENTS. AND HOW LONG YOU TOOK TO GET ACKNOWLEDGED ABOUT YOUR DOCUMENTS RECEIVED.

trushitpatel

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
PLEASE HELP!!
I POSTED MY DOCUMENTS THROUGH DHL AND SHOWS DELIVERED ALREADY A WEEK BEFORE. I WONDER HOW I WILL GET ACKNOWLEDGE ON IT. DOES CES TORONTO INFORM US WHICH WAY? BY EMAIL OR WHAT? PLEASE HELP AND ADVISE ME.
It will take 6 months more or less to complete the whole process as you submitted your documents through post. And they will acknowledge by email once they start opening March month documents, so it’s a long way and you have to be patience.

If you submitted your documents via email (through your institute/university) then it will take 1-3 weeks to acknowledge. And then processing time would be 20 weeks.

atif ali

Star Member
May 12, 2016
It will take 6 months more or less to complete the whole process as you submitted your documents through post. And they will acknowledge by email once they start opening March month documents, so it’s a long way and you have to be patience.

If you submitted your documents via email (through your institute/university) then it will take 1-3 weeks to acknowledge. And then processing time would be 20 weeks.
much appreciated. Thanks a lot

trushitpatel

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
@Khushwants @Lixa @Kriti31
Hey Guys. I got new update today.

*Document and application submitted: October 19
*Document received C0: October 27
*Confirmation of the credentials submitted for assessment C1: January 15
*Confirmation of the initial review of the required institutional documents C2: January 15
*Confirmation of authentication and acceptance of your application C3: March 12
C4: March 16
C5: March 16

Finally Got my ECA.( in 18 weeks including Holidays)

Got masters equivalency for my full time 2 years MBA. :)

Mar 5, 2021
My University have shared Transcript via post and was delivered on 10 March.... By when we can expect UoT will update the status as credentials received.

Were as my wife's University shared the transcript electronically on 9th March and UoT updated the status as credentials received on 13th March itself.

THEJAYKAY

Star Member
Jan 8, 2021
C4: March 16
C5: March 16

Finally Got my ECA.( in 18 weeks including Holidays)

Got masters equivalency for my full time 2 years MBA. :)
By any chance, do you have any insight on how do they contact our universities for verification? By electronically or my physical mail?

trushitpatel

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
By any chance, do you have any insight on how do they contact our universities for verification? By electronically or my physical mail?
I really don't know about this whether they have contacted my university or not. I didn't get any notification from my university. Maybe CES contact via email only.

THEJAYKAY

Star Member
Jan 8, 2021
I really don't know about this whether they have contacted my university or not. I didn't get any notification from my university. Maybe CES contact via email only.
Thanks man! They are going with institution verification for me, a new thing from CES, I contacted my university but they said they haven't received anything, I dont know what to do now! Hope they dont come by post, it would take another decade then. I mailed them requesting the mode of verification which again would take another week at their swift reply. If anyone has any insight please do share!!!

trushitpatel

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Thanks man! They are going with institution verification for me, a new thing from CES, I contacted my university but they said they haven't received anything, I dont know what to do now! Hope they dont come by post, it would take another decade then. I mailed them requesting the mode of verification which again would take another week at their swift reply. If anyone has any insight please do share!!!
when did you apply? and what date they received your transcript and certificate?

THEJAYKAY

Star Member
Jan 8, 2021
when did you apply? and what date they received your transcript and certificate?
I applied on August 2020, they received the transcripts on Sep 15, its been 6 months, excluding the December vacation break, the moment they hit C3 they went for verification stating your profile is on hold due to unforeseen circumstances, man this is completely unexpected. My university states they haven't received any mail nor post mail yet. My ielts expiration is nearing and my 30th birthday is nearing and they are prolonging even more. I don't know by what mode they contact the institutions, if its by mail then when will they scan the mail that my university replies? by arrival date and time? then my evaluation will be on 2022.

trushitpatel

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
I applied on August 2020, they received the transcripts on Sep 15, its been 6 months, excluding the December vacation break, the moment they hit C3 they went for verification stating your profile is on hold due to unforeseen circumstances, man this is completely unexpected. My university states they haven't received any mail nor post mail yet. My ielts expiration is nearing and my 30th birthday is nearing and they are prolonging even more. I don't know by what mode they contact the institutions, if its by mail then when will they scan the mail that my university replies? by arrival date and time? then my evaluation will be on 2022.
Ohh that’s really disappointing. My friend applied in July end and his C3 done on mid December. He called them last week and they said they will complete before 31st March. I don’t think they will contact university via mail as this will be time taking.