+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto (CES)

Meighen2

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
I just have my number 2 marker ticked. :(
Oh, I see. Yeah, the delay really sucks though I can appreciate the reasons for it. I actually emailed them a number of follow-ups to learn the status of my application but to no avail. Also called them yesterday but they said they would forward my inquiry to the person in charge of my application. Will see. Might call them again sometime this week.

musaraza14

Jun 3, 2020
Hi Peeps,

I am having a 2 years bachelor's degree followed by 2 years MBA (total 16 years of education). One of the consultants told me that if we go for ECA through CES, University of Toronto, it will be evaluated as a Master degree. Otherwise my chances of getting 450+ CRS would be too bleak. For those of you who might have gone through the same scenario, kindly help me out with the following queries.

- Is there any chance of getting Master degree equivalence from CES for a MBA degree done after 2 years bachelor's?
- Would CES ask for Bachelor's degree for evaluation?

Looking forward to receiving your kind feedback.

Musa

UmarPaL

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Hi Peeps,

I am having a 2 years bachelor's degree followed by 2 years MBA (total 16 years of education). One of the consultants told me that if we go for ECA through CES, University of Toronto, it will be evaluated as a Master degree. Otherwise my chances of getting 450+ CRS would be too bleak. For those of you who might have gone through the same scenario, kindly help me out with the following queries.

- Is there any chance of getting Master degree equivalence from CES for a MBA degree done after 2 years bachelor's? Yes. 95% chance
- Would CES ask for Bachelor's degree for evaluation? No

Looking forward to receiving your kind feedback.

Musa

Reactions: musaraza14

chrishb11

Jun 17, 2020
Toronto
Category........
WP
HI,

I'm looking for other applicants in my position. According to some email my initial review was complete beginning of June, I m waiting for the step 4. But according to some previews posts for some users it took only a couple of days but it was in May.
  1. Complete1. Initial Review In Progress
  2. Complete2. Transcript(s) Received
  3. Complete3. Initial Review Complete
  4. Not Complete4. Assessment In Progress
  5. Not Complete5. Assessment Decision Made
  6. Not Complete6. Decision Dispatched

UmarPaL

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
In addition to degree, do we also need to send the transcript to CES?
Yes you will be required to get your MBA transcript and degree attested from HEC and ask them to seal it in an envelope (provided by you). Once you receive your sealed envelope, you need to send it to Ces toronto through Fedex or DHL or Pakistan post, whatever suits you.

UmarPaL

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
HI,

I'm looking for other applicants in my position. According to some email my initial review was complete beginning of June, I m waiting for the step 4. But according to some previews posts for some users it took only a couple of days but it was in May.
  1. Complete1. Initial Review In Progress
  2. Complete2. Transcript(s) Received
  3. Complete3. Initial Review Complete
  4. Not Complete4. Assessment In Progress
  5. Not Complete5. Assessment Decision Made
  6. Not Complete6. Decision Dispatched
Honestly, CES toronto performance is seriously compromised due to office closure. Expect some action after 1st July. Hoping their office was resume from 1st.

Rajbir_kaur

Oct 12, 2019
Yes the number will change.It is the unique student ID number allocated to you.
If i remember correctly,the request form should contain the unique student reference number.
Even if your university sends the documents - since they will not contain the student ID number,CES will not be in a position to process them properly.

I would suggest making the payment before initiating the process.
ces student id is referrence number?

UmarPaL

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
i know that i just want to know that referrence number is actually a student id?. Can i use student id as a referrence number?
Yes bro. I have used it aswell while adressing my documents. It starts from X-390xxx. This is what you have to write on top of your envelope while sending your courier. Please note that it is very important to write it, even important than writing your name. Cheers

musaraza14

Jun 3, 2020
"Super Confused - Need Help"

This has reference to my post # 498, I have 2 yrs Bachelor's degree followed by 2 yrs MBA (16 years education). To get a better CRS score, I am in dire need to get a Master's equivalence. For ECA through CES, I am in a quandary whether to send my bachelor's degree with MBA or not. My mind is pushing me to send only MBA degree while 2 different consultants have advised to send Bachelor's degree as well, without mentioning any specific reason for the same.

Do any of you see any harm in sending/not sending bachelor's degree?
Which option would have better chances of getting master's equivalence (I know, no one except CES can decide that, but still need your opinion)

If I only send MBA degree & in worst case scenario I don't get the desired outcome, would there be any other way ?

Don't you think sending both degrees would make it obvious that I have 16 yrs education which could deny me a master's equivalence?

Plz Help, I will proceed with HEC attestation and CES fee in light of your comments.

Additionally, a Canadian consultant told me that owing to COVID situation, CES isn't asking for hard copies of transcripts / degrees through courier and that we just need to upload HEC attested transcripts / degrees. Is it right? (Have emailed CES about the same & awaiting their response).

In case we send the transcripts and degrees through courier, that would be attested colored copies, not the originals, right?

UmarPaL
any suggestion? :(

UmarPaL

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
"Super Confused - Need Help"

This has reference to my post # 498, I have 2 yrs Bachelor's degree followed by 2 yrs MBA (16 years education). To get a better CRS score, I am in dire need to get a Master's equivalence. For ECA through CES, I am in a quandary whether to send my bachelor's degree with MBA or not. My mind is pushing me to send only MBA degree while 2 different consultants have advised to send Bachelor's degree as well, without mentioning any specific reason for the same.

Do any of you see any harm in sending/not sending bachelor's degree?
Which option would have better chances of getting master's equivalence (I know, no one except CES can decide that, but still need your opinion)

If I only send MBA degree & in worst case scenario I don't get the desired outcome, would there be any other way ?

Don't you think sending both degrees would make it obvious that I have 16 yrs education which could deny me a master's equivalence?

Plz Help, I will proceed with HEC attestation and CES fee in light of your comments.

Additionally, a Canadian consultant told me that owing to COVID situation, CES isn't asking for hard copies of transcripts / degrees through courier and that we just need to upload HEC attested transcripts / degrees. Is it right? (Have emailed CES about the same & awaiting their response).

In case we send the transcripts and degrees through courier, that would be attested colored copies, not the originals, right?

UmarPaL
any suggestion? :(
To answer your first question. In my opinion you just need to send your master degree and trancript (attested coloured copies in a sealed envelope by HEC) to CES toronto. Having said that, y would you want to send your bachelors degree when it is only of 2 years. I have a 4 years bsc hons degree and i am not sending it because it is NOT REQUIRED. Then y would u want to take a risk of sending ur bachelors degree when u only have a 2 years degree. Please dont listen to stupid consultants, they are just intetsted in ur money.

Now lets come to CES response on covid situation

They have asked candidates who have their applications in line from Dec, Jan till 15th Feb to ask their universities to send an online confirmation for their degree verification process. Btw their physical transcripts have already reached their office and confirmed by CES. As far as applications after that, the department hasnt started the process technically because the second part of the process is confirmation of receiving of physical copies and that will only be proceeded once they acknowledge the receipt. For that purpose they have asked students to send their copies via courier which will be collected at their main gate and will be handed over to CES department when it opens, probably in July. Now it is upto you to send them through whichever courier you decide. Fyi, I also have my sealed envelope lying with me as I am waiting for Pakistan post service to start deliveries and once they do, probably 1st July, I will send my sealed envelope. You can send it through Fedex aswell, but it will charge alot more and at the end of the day they will be lying at the main gate so there is no point of sending them through fast courier and mind you, at this rate we will probably get our evaluation delayed as far as December :(

Last edited:
Reactions: musaraza14